Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, terrytek said:

well the iA is based off the Mazda 2 Mazda won't bring to America. it sucks they won't bring it, they had to rebadge it to bring it here.

Squint when looking at a Ford Ka. Instant mazda 2

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, techswede said:

that's what this is. basically a rebadged mazda 2. the new one should come stateside, be cool if it came with a turbo, similar to ecoboost in the fiesta.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

If the Ka came with a 100hp+ engine, then I would honestly consider one. At least one of the most recent generation.

THE IRS sounds really nice.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

that's what this is. basically a rebadged mazda 2. the new one should come stateside, be cool if it came with a turbo, similar to ecoboost in the fiesta.

You don't even get the Ford Ka in the US?

Just now, GlassBomb said:

If the Ka came with a 100hp+ engine, then I would honestly consider one. At least one of the most recent generation.

I just like the way they've tried to make it look aggressive. Its just adorable

ford-ka-usados-mar-del-plata.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

You don't even get the Ford Ka in the US?

ford-ka-usados-mar-del-plata.jpg

i was talking about the scion iA. oops. but the fiesta basically fills the spot, and i can say it's almost like the fiesta and ka are distant brothers.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

i was talking about the scion iA. oops. but the fiesta basically fills the spot, and i can say it's almost like the fiesta and ka are distant brothers.

The Ka is basically the Fiesta's little brother. The pre-2015 models only weighed 870kg

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

The Ka is basically the Fiesta's little brother. The pre-2015 models only weighed 870kg

huh, those could be great fun on the track, now i just want a peppy, responsive 4 banger that can make good power, like 200hp.

5 minutes ago, techswede said:

VW Polo GTI is a do-want car for me. Especially the two-door version of it. 190+ HP in that small body? Oh yes, please.

Same thing goes for the Fiesta ST, more or less.

so this weekend i am going to be driving 4 hours to see a car. but its worth it as only 8 are in the usa and i have only seen one overseas never in the usa http://www.bentleylongisland.com/1987-porsche-959-komfort-c-1671.htm?make=Porsche&type=Used&

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

huh, those could be great fun on the track, now i just want a peppy, responsive 4 banger that can make good power, like 200hp.

The Ka falls a bit short there. With a massive 69bhp. But a small turbocharger would probably help it a bit

1 minute ago, GlassBomb said:

VW Polo GTI is a do-want car for me. Especially the two-door version of it. 190+ HP in that small body? Oh yes, please.

Same thing goes for the Fiesta ST, more or less.

I'd like a GTI version of the Up! 

The electric version would be fun too. Just because of the name. E-Up!  (EYUP!)

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

so this weekend i am going to be driving 4 hours to see a car. but its worth it as only 8 are in the usa and i have only seen one overseas never in the usa http://www.bentleylongisland.com/1987-porsche-959-komfort-c-1671.htm?make=Porsche&type=Used&

are you buying it? if so, can you even afford it?

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

If you only knew how jealous i am right now.. 

are you buying it? if so, can you even afford it?

no i cant afford it. my dad cant even afford to put that much down on one car (guessing the price is going to be in the neighborhood of 1.4 mil)

Just now, techswede said:

If you only knew how jealous i am right now.. 

oh and not sure if this will make you more jealous or not but its also where a veneno is a ford gt (original) and mc12 corsa no i finally have enough reasons to make the trek out there just sucks because i have to drive through nyc 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

no i cant afford it. my dad cant even afford to put that much down on one car (guessing the price is going to be in the neighborhood of 1.4 mil)

oh and not sure if this will make you more jealous or not but its also where a veneno is a ford gt (original) and mc12 corsa no i finally have enough reasons to make the trek out there just sucks because i have to drive through nyc 

The veneno does nothing for me. But the ford GT and the MC12 <3

Is it possible to time the drive through nyc so that you miss most of the traffic? 

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

The veneno does nothing for me. But the ford GT and the MC12 <3

Is it possible to time the drive through nyc so that you miss most of the traffic? 

ya i can try but usually get stuck with traffic either way 

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

ya i can try but usually get stuck with traffic either way 

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

didn't your original post about it say something about an upgraded turbo(s)?

haha, my daily is a cheap 328i, so my blinkers are visible to poor peoples eyes...

No i said i have an LCI e92 with the n55 engine (previous year e92's came with N54 engine which is twin turbo'd engine) 

The n55 engine was updated & redesigned and comes with a single turbo called "TwinPower Turbo" 

Pushing the same amount of boost as the twins :) 

My previous 2 bimmer were 325's...i feel your pain haha

Check out my Rigs: Obi-Wan Shinobi & HTPC: The Dark Prodigy

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

lol imagine that on my little crosley. If the runways plowed at the airport which it should be by now i could probably fly out there Friday and stay with my parents (no doubt my dad would want to see the 959 anyways) for the weekend because they live out there then fly back on Sunday skip driving all together.

1 hour ago, TheTiger said:

Welcome! :)
Nice car and even nicer mods done to it!
I drove my sisters a few km, they are somehow feeling like a bigger Go-Kart and are able to hit 240km/h on the Autobahn :D

Sadly my feet are too big for it -.-

Thanks for the welcome!

Ohh yeah, def. a go-kart feel.  The roads around me are not very pleasant in my car haha.  

Its surprisingly fast with the couple bolt-on mods that have been done.  When I take people for a ride, they cannot believe that its under 200hp.  At 110mph in 6th gear, put your foot in it and the back end still dips and goes, haven't gone much faster than that in it though.

CPU: AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz 6-Core OEM/Tray Processor + Antec Kuhler H2O 620 Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX ATX AM3+ Motherboard Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory
Storage: Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive + Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive & Seagate Barracuda 750GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 960 2GB Video Card Case: Rosewill THOR V2 ATX Full Tower Case + Thermaltake TR2 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WDN4800 802.11a/b/g/n PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter Monitor: Asus VK278Q 27.0" Monitor

Peripherals: Razer DeathStalker Wired Gaming Keyboard + Razer Abyssus Wired Optical Mouse Headphones: Bose SIE2i Orange Earbud Headphones + Mic: Kaxidy Stereo MIC

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

When you have too much torque

image.jpeg

too-much-torque-rear-tire-falls.jpg

My friend just offered me to trade my golf for a saab 9-5 

esfyKm3.gif

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 hour ago, big_lilo said:

No i said i have an LCI e92 with the n55 engine (previous year e92's came with N54 engine which is twin turbo'd engine) 

The n55 engine was updated & redesigned and comes with a single turbo called "TwinPower Turbo" 

Pushing the same amount of boost as the twins :) 

My previous 2 bimmer were 325's...i feel your pain haha

oh, thats what you meant.. I knew they switched over to a single midway threw its life span, but I didn't know all the terminology, so I thought he "twinpower" thing was an upgrade...

its cool, I have a Mustang GT as my POWWWAAAAA (channel your inner Clarkson) car... which I'm trying to sell to get an s2k...  but I like the 328 for a daily, its quick/torque enough to get out of its own way (still gets sh*tty mpg though... but that might be cause I drive like an ass), and with the sport package the suspension is perfect for a daily for me.

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's