Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

My fill ups are usually close to $30(Little less.. probably closer to about $28) as well from a 1/4.

usually gets me 220-260 miles depending on how throttle happy I am throughout the week. record low is like 190 and record high is about 300 lol

I really wish Ford would put bigger tanks in the cars, the thimble sized fuel tank gets old fast. I think it's 12.5gal, and I would love a 16 or 20 gal tank. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

$44 for me right now from a quarter tank.

I take it you dont have the upgraded 36 gallon tank?

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Well, I get about 350 out of 3/4 with 87, and about 400 out of 3/4 with non oxy premium.

its *almost* worth it to put premium in, but not quite.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

One of the cars I have is a Scion iQ. Little city car, kinda stupid, but it costs me to fill up (87 reg) about 10$, goes about 400 miles on that.

That's the best I can do. The rest are more expensive to fill up. The Sky, for example, seems to have a never-ending tank and on premium needs about 50$ to fill. Ouch.

The 308GT4 on the other hand.....well, we don't talk about that.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I really wish Ford would put bigger tanks in the cars, the thimble sized fuel tank gets old fast. I think it's 12.5gal, and I would love a 16 or 20 gal tank. 

I miss my corolla sometimes. fuel tank was about the same size, but I would average about 20% better on fuel, and it only needed regular.

So I could go like 320 miles on 3/4 and it'd cost less than $25 to fill up. miata with JDM high comp engine is more fun tho xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

tools.png.224fdffce893ff33ee95ca4bf8c4b641.png

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

so i was looking for what oil was suposed to go in my dads Vincent, when i noticed that the riders handbook has several pages of instructions on how to ride the bike xD idk why but that is really funny to me and feels extremely 50´s

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

10 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so i was looking for what oil was suposed to go in my dads Vincent, when i noticed that the riders handbook has several pages of instructions on how to ride the bike xD idk why but that is really funny to me and feels extremely 50´s

"Don't fall off"

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

"Don't fall off"

they list the crusing speed for the Black Shadow as 100mph too :P if you fuck up you die reall bad because there was basically no safty gear either

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

@TVwazhere, or anyone else really, ever use one of the 3D SpaceMice before? These came up in a conversation in my office this morning and now we're considering ordering half a dozen to try out. 

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse/spacemousepro.html

41eMf4rEkaL._SX425_.jpg

2 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

@TVwazhere, or anyone else really, ever use one of the 3D SpaceMice before? These came up in a conversation in my office this morning and now we're considering ordering half a dozen to try out. 

https://www.3dconnexion.com/products/spacemouse/spacemousepro.html

I personally have not, I use a standard 3 button mouse, plus 2 shoulder buttons (A M510) from logitech. Though if you're going to take the plunge, I would suggest looking at the cut down version first:

Amazon link it's basically just the central knob without the macros/buttons. 

I've considered these mice but I'm not sure how useful it would be for myself. Sadly I dont as much 3D work as I'd personally like, its a majority 2D

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I personally have not, I use a standard 3 button mouse, plus 2 shoulder buttons (A M510) from logitech. Though if you're going to take the plunge, I would suggest looking at the cut down version first:

Amazon link it's basically just the central knob without the macros/buttons. 

I've considered these mice but I'm not sure how useful it would be for myself. Sadly I dont as much 3D work as I'd personally like, its a majority 2D

I'm a macro whore, so we first saw that basic one, then the more complex offerings and those really made my head explode. 

There is another one with 31 buttons, but it's $400 and my CFO is only so understanding. 

IDK, I might push the issue on the 15 button model and make out an expense report... I spend a ton of my day in 3D models, probably 2/3rds or so. 

11 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

or anyone else really, ever use one of the 3D SpaceMice before? These came up in a conversation in my office this morning and now we're considering ordering half a dozen to try out. 

A friend gave me one that he won a few years ago. Couldn't get drivers working in Windows so I ended up giving it back.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

IDK, I might push the issue on the 15 button model and make out an expense report... I spend a ton of my day in 3D models, probably 2/3rds or so. 

Then the Macro version might serve you better. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

5 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

A friend gave me one that he won a few years ago. Couldn't get drivers working in Windows so I ended up giving it back.

Interesting, all the reviews I could find were based on windows computers, so that's a little odd. 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

yeah i bet you want these macros yeah you filthy macro whore

*SNIP*

Dude, you have no idea. I kick myself for not buying the previous gen K95 that had all the macros, now it's down to six and hardly worth my time. 

I've thought very hard about buying a Deathadder just for the extra keys to use as macros. 

If Das Keyboard would make a Das Pro with 18 macros, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough. 

9 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Dude, you have no idea. I kick myself for not buying the previous gen K95 that had all the macros, now it's down to six and hardly worth my time. 

I've thought very hard about buying a Deathadder just for the extra keys to use as macros. 

If Das Keyboard would make a Das Pro with 18 macros, I wouldn't be able to throw my money at them fast enough. 

I like my mice fairly simple:
3 buttons, and two side buttons for forward/back in browsers/menus. all I need

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I like my mice fairly simple:
3 buttons, and two side buttons for forward/back in browsers/menus. all I need

I have a Corsair M95. All the buttons. 

41MW7pOi9sL.jpg

54 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I shared that on facebook a few months ago. still makes me laugh. That's me trying to get the LCAs out of the accord this past summer.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 hour ago, MEC-777 said:

That's about to be me weekend. The OE shocks on the front aren't being cooperative. The nut is seized on the stud and just spins, I've tried hand tools, impact tools, heat, chemicals and many combinations thereof. 

40 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I have a Corsair M95. All the buttons. 

41MW7pOi9sL.jpg

looks neat, if it had the logitech super scroll id probably really want one but right now its not looking like il ever move away from my G502 unless it breaks and i cant find another one anywhere

Builds:

Spoiler

3 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

cries in over 6$ a gallon 

small diesels are awesome 

also does the peugeot have the same engine as the volvo V50? the 2.0D 

and how are those engines? 

It’s a 2.0 HDi, but I think Volvo use the same, they are made by Ford. Pretty powerful, has 100KW, but can usually (Apparently) make quite a bit more. Has around 350nm torque. 

You can can get them chipped for +30 hp, from 135, and to 440nm torque, or so I’ve read. 

Its not not a bad engine but if you’re looking for a car with one make sure it has a turbo, the ones without are only ~90hp.

22 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

It’s a 2.0 HDi, but I think Volvo use the same, they are made by Ford. Pretty powerful, has 100KW, but can usually (Apparently) make quite a bit more. Has around 350nm torque. 

You can can get them chipped for +30 hp, from 135, and to 440nm torque, or so I’ve read. 

Its not not a bad engine but if you’re looking for a car with one make sure it has a turbo, the ones without are only ~90hp.

Its not a ford engine is peugeots engine. Ford use it and just call it the tdci

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

11 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I really would like a V50, and the 2.0D is the most common one here ... hence why im doing the research :D 

Sounds like the 2.0 is a pretty good engine with it being 100kw and 340nm in the V50

how is the fuel economy in your pug? and are there any common problems with them engines? 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO