Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

6 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

Is that a V6?

no IIRC its a RS 182

the V6 is a lot wider and a lot better looking :D 

1200px-RenaultClioV6.jpg

chr4223.jpg?itok=izV6rBhA

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

no IIRC its a RS 182

the V6 is a lot wider and a lot better looking :D 

1 hour ago, kittycannon said:

Is that a V6?

Is indeed a 182

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

36 minutes ago, kittycannon said:

Damn, that's nice

Not as nice as the Trophy

20170715_105726.jpg

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

13 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Fank of 2018 so far

1 hour ago, iDeFecZx said:

Is indeed a 182

Phase 1 172's are already 2 grand out of my hypothetical budget, so, I am 200% not getting one. :)

:(

This however, is rather cheap (and decent imo)

Screenshot_2018-04-10-12-58-41-946_com.fixeads.olxportugal.png.368d7c459c94f4083f8f6cde5eeec444.png

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

8 hours ago, kittycannon said:

I never thought about a GTR front end. Hmmm...

It's a style I've always loved, also always wanted a Stagea with a GTR front end 

images.jpeg

Nissan-Stagea-GT-R1.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Plot twist of the century 

FB_IMG_1523371049567.jpg

FB_IMG_1523371052236.jpg

FB_IMG_1523371059202.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Plot twist of the century 

FB_IMG_1523371049567.jpg

FB_IMG_1523371052236.jpg

FB_IMG_1523371059202.jpg

LSD swap or no? if no, those poor tires don't stand a chance. the V6s will roast second gear stock.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, Vernoken said:

I dont know if there are many bikers in this chat, but i am a UK biker and Police have had the audacity to use Stingers against Bikers!!! Then say that in Testing its safe!?? Have you been on a bike when your tyre gives out!?? its 100% going to result in a crash, especially if its your front! Please tell me if my concern is misplaced, but i think this is madness!  "The officer has had to knock on the door of families to tell them their loved ones have died in an RTC" Yeah, well soon they will be in the position to have to say, THEY are the ones who killed a biker with a Stinger CAUSING a fatal RTC!? As if there isn't enough for Bikers to worry about. 

Disclaimer: Personal opinion, Nothing against police, they do their job and its not an easy job, no disrespect to police officers you all deal with enough, in the UK anyways. 

Source: https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/april/essex-police-defend-stinger-use/

wow... that seems like a shitty idea, but i guess i can sort of see it. id think bikes would be pretty hard to stop though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Vernoken said:

Have you been on a bike when your tyre gives out!?? its 100% going to result in a crash, especially if its your front!

There are two types of crashes involving bikes

(1) They scrape up the bike into a small bucket and bury it.

(2) They scrape both you AND the bike into a small bucket and bury.

It's immoral to use a Stinger on a bike

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

wow... that seems like a shitty idea, but i guess i can sort of see it. id think bikes would be pretty hard to stop though

You can outrun the cops, but you can't outrun Motorola....

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

4 minutes ago, Vernoken said:

Yeah i get the frustration with police, and yes it is harder to stop a biker in the UK as no collision or engagement of the rider is allowed, which means that in the UK there is a massive day light bike theft issue, where moped riders rob sports bikes and police cant do anything about it. its such a gray area, but a stinger on a domestic relativity tame meet is excessive.

yah its exessive, and i dont agree with it but you can see where they are comming from at least. best other solution i can come up with is some sort of net launcher which honestly is just about as bad

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

14 minutes ago, Vernoken said:

Don't get me started on the 125cc riders who shove chode end cans on their midpipe to make it sound like a passing hurricane, beyond annoying.

we have that with A-tractors and mopeds here, barely anyone bothers with getting an A1 lisence, if they want a 125cc bike they take their moped and swap the piston and/or head, but yah the ass hats that straight pipe their 50cc or whatever bikes is just annoying, there is a dude with an A-tractor with a straigh pipe and you can hear it from 10 blocks away -_- 

21 minutes ago, Vernoken said:

still aload of fun off road though, cant deny that, as the 3 proved xD  

yah i got to drive a 250cc V twin one last summer, man that thing was crazy amounts of fun :D not especially usefull around the summer home but it was fun on the fields

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

LSD swap or no? if no, those poor tires don't stand a chance. the V6s will roast second gear stock.

drag radials?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

26 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

dayum, those things are cool

tiny car SR20DET and IIRC it was AWD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

drag radials?

not a bad idea.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

F1 on ESPN to become commercial free for the rest of the season

Dear FairyGodmother,

Thank you very much for letting us know of your positive experience with the Formula 1 2018 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix. The response to the commercial-free airing of the race has been over-the-top. After the first race, we knew something had to change.

Fortunately, ESPN is a great partner, and was eager to look at and adjust the broadcast to create a truly immersive experience. Our hope is to continue the season in this new format, giving the U.S. a fresh and exciting way to watch Formula 1 racing.

Thank you again for your support and kind words, but more importantly thank you for being a Formula 1 fan.

Sincerely,

Jim
Jim Dvorak Public Relations & Technical Support

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I used a Fluke ethernet tester today.. thing shows you the length of the cable.

like... how?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Hopefully be going to look at and buy this on Saturday

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

Hopefully be going to look at and buy this on Saturday

s-l1600 (2).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Dooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

"an obvious supporter of privacy"