Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

38 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Didn’t the one you had have some 22s and a bad tranny?

I never had a Dodge charger or 22 inch rims.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Soneone in your family? I thought I remembered you asking about the tranny or something... 

Nope. I think I said Dodge transmissions least the automatic ones were junk.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

awaiting pax results... I think my 57.6 second run was pretty good... best Matt did was like 58.8 or so.

there was a few 56’s but in higher classes. Not sure how the carts and stuff did but those usually never PAX well. 

No footage of driving or anything. Which I kinda regret because it was a fun course. Lot of third gear. One time I looked down when near the finish and I was over 60mph lol

@warmmilk

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

35 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

awaiting pax results... I think my 57.6 second run was pretty good... best Matt did was like 58.8 or so.

there was a few 56’s but in higher classes. Not sure how the carts and stuff did but those usually never PAX well. 

No footage of driving or anything. Which I kinda regret because it was a fun course. Lot of third gear. One time I looked down when near the finish and I was over 60mph lol

@warmmilk

sweet launch bro! :D

I can't wait to start tracking my car again

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

sweet launch bro! :D

I can't wait to start tracking my car again

Idk why but I felt like a break helped me. Car felt amazing yesterday. From the first run “wow I forgot how fast this thing was” surprise, to getting thoroughly used to it mid-way and really nailing the places I wanted to hit. Just felt so perfect. Can’t say It ever felt that way before.

Then on my 5th run the clutch started to feel slightly softer (keep in mind this is from two ppl) and I didn’t really want to keep running but did anyway. 

I talked to the miata guy there and he said it’s pretty normal for an OE clutch to do that. ESP with two ppl at an autoX event... he did say you can usually get away with it for a long time tho, just needs some time to cool off.

So I probably won’t be getting an OE clutch again... I don’t want anything crazy but I want something that bites decently so I don’t have to feel like I’m gonna kill the clutch all the time....

matt said he’s thinking about getting an NB2 too because it would be fun being so evenly matched and in the same class, I agree lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

matt said he’s thinking about getting an NB2 too because it would be fun being so evenly matched and in the same class, I agree lol

I bet he'll be more fun and get a V8 swap though. ;)

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

@warmmilk

Always have an action cam with you! But also secretly jealous because we just got hit with a massive ice storm.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

15 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

That's why you buy the GLI or the upper range Jett and get the 1.8T.

The 2019 Jettas only have 1.4T. no 1.8T option. The GTI might but I'm skeptical

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

5 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

The 2019 Jettas only have 1.4T. no 1.8T option. The GTI might but I'm skeptical

Gti doesn't come with a 1.8t. the golf does. Either way I'd say save up and or take out the little extra or get it used but get the GLI or gti if your thinking vw and want it to be fun.

6 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Always have an action cam with you! But also secretly jealous because we just got hit with a massive ice storm.

In April? Wow.

sorry man :( 

Spoiler

Things I want, BBS 19" rims, K04 turbo, apr fuel kit, bigger charge pipes, apr intercooler, and stoptech big brakes. Not sure which order to buy them in :/ I want them all at once. Booooooo!

Edit: forgot to add Koni coilovers.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

In April? Wow.

Winter in april is the best.

In other news, get ready for Formula 1 @ long beach

mvwepytsdbs01.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

^ I feel like it would be a blast to race on those roads, also feel like the saying "rubbing is racing" holds true if I raced there lol.

3 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

^ I feel like it would be a blast to race on those roads, also feel like the saying "rubbing is racing" holds true if I raced there lol.

tbh i don't even know how they do it. like how you pass anyone there? It's like racing on an autoX course lol

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

tbh i don't even know how they do it. like how you pass anyone there? It's like racing on an autoX course lol

Idk wait for the guy who autoX a f150 and just pushes the other cars out of the way?

3 hours ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Gti doesn't come with a 1.8t. the golf does. Either way I'd say save up and or take out the little extra or get it used but get the GLI or gti if your thinking vw and want it to be fun.

Nah, I don't like the way the old ones look. Mk7 jetta

Screenshot_20180417-093501_Chrome.jpg

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Question on cleaning my car. I just cleaned it from top to bottom with soap and water (using the two bucket method) and dried it off as quickly as I could but I still have water spots EVERYWHERE. Is there a way to get rid of these spots? I heard using Citrol Citrus Degreaser is a good option? Any ideas on how to do this on a budget? The car is a 2016 Honda Pilot (black). Thanks!!

9 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

Nah, I don't like the way the old ones look. Mk7 jetta

Screenshot_20180417-093501_Chrome.jpg

Then you only have two choices. Either get the GLI or deal with a 1.4T. I'd say wait for the mk8 GLI it's supposed to have the gti engine and transmission where as the older glis had a slightly smaller turbo and different gearing.

2 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

Question on cleaning my car. I just cleaned it from top to bottom with soap and water (using the two bucket method) and tried it off as quicly as I could but I still have water spots EVERYWHERE. Is there a way to get rid of these spots? I heard using Citrol Citrus Degreaser is a good option? Any ideas on how to do this on a budget? The car is a 2016 Honda Pilot (black). Thanks!!

Water softener might work. Or spraying a fine mist onto it. Try and break up the water dropplets into small beads makes it dry easier/better which means you can dry it faster before the water drys and makes water spots.

Screenshot_20180417-113357_Twitter.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Baku is a lot of high speed straights and 90 degree corners. The faster cars with DRS can usually divebomb the slower cars well enough like Singapore. The Castle section is much like the Fountain at long beach, it's really just one line and several cars crashed last year.

In other news

Folding@Home | BOINC

36 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

*SNIP, BROTHER*

Somehow that seems very fitting for him.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

In April? Wow.

we got dumped with 12-16" of snow this weekend here in MN.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

we got dumped with 12-16" of snow this weekend here in MN.

For the first time ever, Fargo actually dodged it! :P My lawn is damn near clear of snow, I suspect it will be all gone by the weekend. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro