Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Yeah the Zuma has kind of a funky design. I was thinking more along the lines of the old designs

6c15b0559f454fe94e7d35424ea7d5df--vespa-

But then again.. Not really looking for anything under 500ish CC's.. And i'm completely snowed in on cruisers at the moment

a8291928f6f5c5e88c53e0e8c1011e91--honda-

get a burgman 650

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

5 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

get a burgman 650

That huge thing xD Its almost as big as the 1800cc Valkyrie. I'll pass

041014-2014-honda-valkyrie-gold-wing-f6c

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

That huge thing xD Its almost as big as the 1800cc Valkyrie. I'll pass

041014-2014-honda-valkyrie-gold-wing-f6c

goldwing? 

I like to kill hardware. In 2016 alone I have killed 20 Xeon 5160, and 10+ Pentium 4. 

Just now, Sentryy said:

goldwing? 

The Valkyrie is essentially a (Naked) sporty gold wing. I don't need a lot of utility on a bike. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Just now, techswede said:

The Valkyrie is essentially a (Naked) sporty gold wing. I don't need a lot of utility on a bike. 

i know i just think the Valkyrie is ugly 

go for the rebel

4 minutes ago, Sentryy said:

i know i just think the Valkyrie is ugly 

go for the rebel

But the rebel looks like it isn't even finished..

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Welp. Caddy is paid for. I might be doing work computer stuff for the owner of the storage place. Caddy was bought with a storage unit at auction by Grandad. 

472 cubic inch chevy big block. 

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

IMG_1086.JPG

IMG_1087.JPG

IMG_1088.JPG

IMG_1089.JPG

IMG_1091.JPG

IMG_1092.JPG

472 BBC.

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

15 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yup. I wanna hear is run. Need to get it home first. 

Needs new shocks too. 

Am i that bad at making puns

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Am i that bad at making puns

No. Please. Why. I've just now seen the pun. Wouldn't it be a BRC (r for red)? 

Also: https://youtu.be/Vt_WLYubVlk

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

21 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yup. I wanna hear is run. Need to get it home first. 

Needs new shocks too. 

*Chanting*

Clean it! Clean it! Clean it! 

7 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

No. Please. Why. I've just now seen the pun. Wouldn't it be a BRC (r for red)? 

Also: https://youtu.be/Vt_WLYubVlk

Big Block Chevy .. or the other variant

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Big Block Chevy .. or the other variant

Ah. I thought of Big Red Chevy. Yours was better.... 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I will. Thats the first thing we're gonna do. Wash and wax. We need to pour some oil in the cylinders so that can run down for a few days. Needs new tires. Needs a battery, needs valve cover bolts, plug wires need to be put back on, and probably needs new coolant. 

Oil change is in order. 

Just all the maintance items need to be done. Hell the padded vinyl hard top is even in okay shape. Just needs one of those conditioning treatment things to bring it back. 

Hard top seals probably need to be replaced though. 

Will know more once we get it out of there. 

Nope. I picked up on it. I love horrible puns. 

He's just kitting you right meow. 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I will. Thats the first thing we're gonna do. Wash and wax. We need to pour some oil in the cylinders so that can run down for a few days. Needs new tires. Needs a battery, needs valve cover bolts, plug wires need to be put back on, and probably needs new coolant. 

Oil change is in order. 

Just all the maintance items need to be done. Hell the padded vinyl hard top is even in okay shape. Just needs one of those conditioning treatment things to bring it back. 

Hard top seals probably need to be replaced though. 

Will know more once we get it out of there. 

Time for a list on cardboard.

---------------------------------------

Was out on my balcony for some fresh air. And i'm sitting there thinking. 

"Hmm. Yeah that's Jimi Hendrix - All along the watchtower. Someone has good taste in musi... FUCK!"

Then i ran downstairs to yank my fucking head units faceplate off.. Forgot to do that earlier today. 

(It turns itself on at random times if its in there because the previous owner didn't wire the stereo power through the ignition. Like you should)

Well that was fucking shit. Two interviews later, Panda told me I got fucking denied. Way to kill my fucking mood. Why the fuck is it so hard for me to land a job? I have so much fucking hard times, while other people get interviewed and get the job no problem.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Well that was fucking shit. Two interviews later, Panda told me I got fucking denied. Way to kill my fucking mood. Why the fuck is it so hard for me to land a job? I have so much fucking hard times, while other people get interviewed and get the job no problem.

Damn that freaking sucks. :(

Did you ask why they denied you?

11 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Damn that freaking sucks. :(

Did you ask why they denied you?

Ugh, I always keep forgetting to ask that question, mostly because I'm too upset that they denied me. I'm so stupid sometimes when I let my anger get the best of me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

21 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I'm right there with you. It sucks. But such is life. Just got to deal with it and move on. 

@Real_PhillBert & whoever owns a FiST

EACC-AUG17 15.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

17 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm right there with you. It sucks. But such is life. Just got to deal with it and move on. 

Really it's not fair because they're looking for people with experience, but like for me it's almost impossible to get hired probably mainly bc i have NONE.

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Completly unrelated but the caddy engine with a pad lock for scale

IMG_1086.JPG

nice man I dig it. Gonna weight reduction it?

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Really it's not fair because they're looking for people with experience, but like for me it's almost impossible to get hired probably mainly bc i have NONE.

If you thought life was going to be fair then you haven't been paying attention. Its an employers market. Job hunting sucks ass for everyone. 

You'll get there eventually. 

1af33bbe837b9b1d65c9ac632afc856f90796618

I've had a few different jobs. But i'm going for a completely different kind of job which means i don't have any experience to list.

(Except for the operative on site manager position. There i've got experience. But they can still choose someone else) 

23 minutes ago, terrytek said:

nice man I dig it. Gonna weight reduction it?

why would you do weight reduction on that hulk? it's never gonna handle well, so why ruin it?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

why would you do weight reduction on that hulk? it's never gonna handle well, so why ruin it?

drift boat? might as well slash some that weight off.

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

drift boat? might as well slash some that weight off.

still seems pretty pointless to me...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

TIL D2 Racing makes coilovers for my car....

Sooooo. Ya boi will be getting big boy coils someday

Will be about this height

20819576_10213716741297068_7050926737887717402_o.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB