Samsung Tab S6 Lite - Boot looping

Hi everyone,

I got this problem with my 2020 Tab S6 Lite from samsung.

Out of nowhere, it started randomly rebooting and now it won't get out of a bootloop no matter what.

Initial diagnosis was bad/corrupted software, then i thought the motherboard might be bad and the "zero effort diagnosis" at Samsung service also pointed at this (recommending a new MB for a higher price than i paid the whole tablet).

But the details are weird and don't add up:

- tablet either gets stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite powered by android boot screen" or the "charging while off screen"

- i can get into recovery mode and download mode no problem by using the side keys + USB cable etc. Diagnostics here reports:
"Failed to load locales from the resource files, Failed to compare.
#Reboot Recovery Cause is #[UNKNOWN]# 

#Reason is []#

E: Failed to load bitmap installing_text for locale en-US (error -1)
Support API:3

#MANUAL MODE v1.0.0#
No command specified

- used the recovery to first reset to factory condition, which did nothing, and then re-flash the software via all the samsung official tools on pc.
This worked at first, the tablet got back to normal, i finished install and configured stuff...and then it started bootlooping again

Even now, if i let disharge completely, then fully charge it and only then power on, it boots normally, gets to the home screen, works for a couple of minutes and then it's back to bootloop

- if i try to get into bootloader mode from the recovery, it gets stuck forever on "starting fastboot" and it goes nowhere

I'm truly puzzled by this. If it was a bad motherboard or bad NAND or bad SOC, wouldn't it just quit on me? The whole restore from PC was quite an involved thing (writing data to storage, CPU etc) and it went trough no problem.

Anyone has had any experience with issues like these on Samsung products?

Thank you all

I'd believe the storage the nand is corrupt and kept corrupting even you can overwrite it and clean it so it works momentarily until something corrupted the system and gotten back to bootlooping.

Andriod devices is hard to analyse what's wrong with it.

Thanks for info, I'll watch out for Samsung devices.

I'm jank tinkerer if it works then it works.

Regardless of compatibility 🐧🖖

Honestly 5 years is not terrible for an android tablet. Sounds like hardware failure

5950X/3080Ti primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

13 minutes ago, BoomerDutch said:

I'd believe the storage the nand is corrupt and kept corrupting even you can overwrite it and clean it so it works momentarily until something corrupted the system and gotten back to bootlooping.

Andriod devices is hard to analyse what's wrong with it.

Thanks for info, I'll watch out for Samsung devices.

Just managed to factory reset again.

Got almost all the setup done, and it started bootlooping again.

Then it turned back on once more, with the whole "optimizing apps" startup thing.

It's honestly baffling the randomness of it; but yeah, NAND problems is most likely the logical explanation.