[UPDATED] WH to meet with Video Game Reps following school shooting, ESA denys such meeting

Message added by PCGuy_5960

Just a reminder: Political Discussion is against the CS. Posts with political content will be removed.

2 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Assetto Corsa is better for anyone who wants to get back to playing simulators. Plus, it's dirt cheap.

Uh no, it not better, in any stretch.

Just now, DoctorWho1975 said:

Uh no, it not better, in any stretch.

It isn't better, but easier to get into and cheaper. 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Assetto Corsa is better for anyone who wants to get back to playing simulators. Plus, it's dirt cheap.

I had to return that crap. Couldnt get the damn race to start. 

I just want people to quit saying video games cause violence.

like my parents pointed out that sense I started playing I have only used the internet more, want a pc more and got into tech so idk seems like that idea is BS to me.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

like my parents pointed out that sense I started playing I have only used the internet more, want a pc more and got into tech so idk seems like that idea is BS to me.

Here's a perfect picture to sum it all up from the ESA's study.

evg-938cc840-75b5-4c92-bb54-fb4d938a5ff0.jpg

OR

the 2017 version - http://www.theesa.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/EF2017_Design_FinalDigital.pdf

2 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

It will never happen. They will continue to avoid the point of bullying in school because really not much can be done about bullying. You cant discipline a kid without parents flipping shit or suing. Teachers have to watch what they say. And you cant watch and control hundreds of kids and their interactions with each other. 

If people want shootings to stop, bullying needs to stop. No kid goes "I love all my friends at school, I love going and seeing them....im gonna shoot them today". 

Has nothing to do with video games, movies, music, gun control, drugs....this is purely a result of people being dicks 

9 hours ago, atxcyclist said:

Just have to give a little insight here, purchasing a firearm at a dealer is nowhere near this simple in the United States. Without picking this apart, I'll just say that I worked at a licensed firearms dealer, ran background checks on people, and did all the paperwork associated with logging the information. If this nutball had been flagged as violent and a societal hazard in one of the few dozen times both the local PD and FBI were tasked with investigating him, he wouldn't have passed the background check. That didn't happen, but that's the fault of the LEOs/FBI there.

I realize that political posting is a no-no in this thread, so that's all I'm going to elaborate on the subject.

Then again, maybe put a longer waiting period for the FBI to catch up.

Pascal laptops guide

12 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

It isn't better, but easier to get into and cheaper. 

And it shows... so it is not better, thank you for changing your statement.

19 minutes ago, SC2Mitch said:

“The same video games played in the US are played worldwide; however, the level of gun violence is exponentially higher in the US than in other countries,"

Of course that statement in and of itself has been shown to be false multiple times. It's also been proven that countries that are believe to have low gun violence rates also don't have good police departments and/or otherwise don't keep good statistics.

Even if we compare total deaths instead of something like per capita death rates, the United States is still not in the top ten countries (from highest deaths to lowest deaths). 

Here's a handy chart that's somewhat accurate, but not completely perfect:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME

This is such a stupid thing. Your damned minecrafts are causing violence Timmy! But Mooooom, all Im doing is building a house in Minecraft! VIOLLLEEEENCCCCEEE.

http://pcpartpicker.com/list/Mf3Zcc My build

R.I.P Donny- Got banned. We will always remember your spamming of "Cancerbooks"

iPhones are like 1 ply toliet paper with a logo slapped on them and years old hardware in them- A Wise Man

14 hours ago, Ithanul said:

Could be worse, they could allow what in the military we call as "kill TV" be shown to the public, but then all the civis would cry and have mental break downs or really through a fit about the wars.

But that involves real actual people.

Even if the people on the other end want the country a smoking crater.

41 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

I had to return that crap. Couldnt get the damn race to start. 

Admittedly its interface is confusing and needs work.

30 minutes ago, DoctorWho1975 said:

And it shows... so it is not better, thank you for changing your statement.

That's why I said it's better for people who want to get into/back to simulators, not the better simulator. But, we arguing semantics here and it's getting off topic, so I'm heading off.

Pascal laptops guide

So, read the updated post.. it's amazing how fast ESA is to respond to this, yet no one says shit about Lootboxes. Lolz. Stupid priorities I guess.

Yes there was no violence prior to video games ahm. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, straight_stewie said:

Of course that statement in and of itself has been shown to be false multiple times. It's also been proven that countries that are believe to have low gun violence rates also don't have good police departments and/or otherwise don't keep good statistics.

Even if we compare total deaths instead of something like per capita death rates, the United States is still not in the top ten countries (from highest deaths to lowest deaths). 

Here's a handy chart that's somewhat accurate, but not completely perfect:

Most of those places that are above the US ain't exactly stable 1st world countries lol.

The 2 exceptions imo is Brazil and i'd be going there for the MASSIVE street festival they have, the other (Jamaica) for the tropical island in a private hotel holiday.

As for the rest of them? Yeah, just looks like a list of "best places to live without decent/non corrupt police and high volumes of open gang violence". Seeing a shootout next to your local wallmart-esque store happens enough in those countries is probably not even noteworthy. Cant say ive heard of a school being shot up in any of them in recent memory though. And just because i want to strawman you're 1st paragraph, the UK fit the low gun death/good police, statistics bracket :D 

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

So if we're going to ban games for violence then we also need to ban every reality tv show and any crime dramas, gotta cut out American horror story and plenty others. Oh and we should get rid of any sports channels entirely, do you really want your kids to learn how to tackle someone into a concussion?? Next thing you know, you'll be talking to the principal about your son or daughter causing multiple head injuries at school!

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

We take great steps to provide tools to help players and parents make informed entertainment decisions.

Look at them patting their backs when they are doing nothing

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

2 hours ago, Castdeath97 said:

Admittedly its interface is confusing and needs work.

That's why I said it's better for people who want to get into/back to simulators, not the better simulator. But, we arguing semantics here and it's getting off topic, so I'm heading off.

Buh bye

2 hours ago, Noctus said:

Yeah, just looks like a list of "best places to live without decent/non corrupt police and high volumes of open gang violence". Seeing a shootout next to your local wallmart-esque store happens enough in those countries is probably not even noteworthy. Cant say ive heard of a school being shot up in any of them in recent memory though. And just because i want to strawman you're 1st paragraph, the UK fit the low gun death/good police, statistics bracket :D 

Just sort the list by the homicides column then the majority of the countries below the US is the exact counter to his statement. If games were such an issue it should be apparent in every country, not one.

Maybe we will start seeing games with guns that have orange tip barrels and they only fire BB's.

If video games where the problem these issues would not be unique to the United States since our Movies, Video games, TV, and every other media is watched, consumed, and played everywhere. 

The sun never sets on the United States sphere of influence ??

Adjusted for population, America doesn’t have a higher rate of violence than any other developed nation. Rather our crimes are just significantly more lethal for reasons I’m not inclined to get into in this thread. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

“ESA and our member companies have not received an invitation to meet with President Trump," according to a spokesman for the Entertainment Software Association.

I'd just like to point out that this just means that, if its occurring the request for the meeting didn't come from Trump. If any ESA members requested the meeting they wouldn't be lying.

On 3/1/2018 at 10:36 PM, Donut417 said:

To me, the only way a violent video game would cause some one to do violence is if that person wasn't right in the head to begin with. I believe it was Ronald Reagan who shut down a large number of mental heath places, that was when they stopped considering mental health a problem. How about instead of pointing fingers at the Video game industry we try to fix the mental health of the US. Because we are in sorry need of mental health care in the country. 

Reagan shut down a bunch of mental hospitals because they were more than half empty from a series of court decisions, state constitutional amendments, and various bits of legislation in the previous decade vastly strengthening due process when it comes to involuntarily committing someone.

7 minutes ago, ravenshrike said:

I'd just like to point out that this just means that, if its occurring the request for the meeting didn't come from Trump. If any ESA members requested the meeting they wouldn't be lying.

Reagan shut down a bunch of mental hospitals because they were more than half empty from a series of court decisions, state constitutional amendments, and various bits of legislation in the previous decade vastly strengthening due process when it comes to involuntarily committing someone.

At the end of the day, our Government failed us, like they fail us every single day of its existence. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 3/1/2018 at 10:29 PM, Spotty said:

... Or maybe the blame should be put on how in some US states you can walk in to a shop and buy a semi automatic assault rifle and hundreds of rounds of ammunition without a gun permit/license, as long as you are over the age of 18, have photo ID, and fill out a form checking the box to say you're not a convicted felon. You can do all this in your local supermarket and have your gun before the milk in your trolley goes warm.

It's typically a 30-45 minute wait between you completing that form and you finding out if you can or can't purchase the firearm, a shorter wait if the store has an online system. They're doing a background check on you, and if you incorrectly tick ANY box, 30 day wait period for an in depth background check. You've been in jail for a single night for a false DUI, 30 day period. Share your full name with someone else in the same or a neighboring city, flip a coin, and you've got the odds on being hit by that 30 days again.

One couldn't go into a store and walk out with a gun and a box of ammo in 5 minutes, most stores won't sell you 'hundreds' of rounds along an "assault"* rifle either. It's a fairly extensive process, but it only works when those authorized to act upon it act upon it. That doesn't always happen, and it doesn't stop the black market, theft, or homemade guns like P.A. Luty's submachine guns.

*The term 'Assault rifle' specifically refers to a select fire rifle that fires an intermediate cartridge, where one of those two modes fires more than a single round per pull of the trigger. By definition, no one in the US can buy an assault rifle.

What people refer to as assault rifles, such as the AR-15 and AK-47, are also no more effective than featureless rifles, such as the Mini-14, and against unarmed civilians, no more effective than a Ruger 10/22.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.