Help please Hp Probook 450 G5

I've got a hp Probook boots to windows fine but I get this every time I've uploaded a photo how can I fixit or stop it from showing up

20240525_094708.jpg

did you buy this thing second hand by any chance? because that looks like someone f*cked with this to remove a device lock.

2 minutes ago, manikyath said:

did you buy this thing second hand by any chance? because that looks like someone f*cked with this to remove a device lock.

Yes I did 

Have you had any work on the device?  I.e. board replacement 

If so the Feature byte might not have been done properly, If the device is still under warranty support should be able to help you out. 

* 6 years ago,  I used to contract some work from an agent to  HP and would see people mess the FB up all the time or not even do it.  Feature Byte's need a tool to install (Well it did) 

Daily Drives 

Windows 11 + Mac Soma + Mint Linux + Ubuntu MATE 

HomeLab

Proxmox + OPNsense + TrueNAS + Zabbix + Debian + win Svr 2022 + win10 + Home Assistant + iventoy + plus other junk  and like 12 dockers! 

Home Network

Unifi  - Express, flex, 8 port POE, Ap's other switches 

1 minute ago, gentlemanspot said:

Have you had any work on the device?  I.e. board replacement 

If so the Feature byte might not have been done properly, If the device is still under warranty support should be able to help you out. 

* 6 years ago,  I used to contract some work from an agent to  HP and would see people mess the FB up all the time or not even do it.  Feature Byte's need a tool to install (Well it did) 

No, it's a used laptop I bought off someone

Just now, Hopes11 said:

No, it's a used laptop I bought off someone

oof yeah I'd bet the Mobo has been replaced, Maybe reach out to HP or get refund? or juts roll with it haha 

Daily Drives 

HomeLab

Proxmox + OPNsense + TrueNAS + Zabbix + Debian + win Svr 2022 + win10 + Home Assistant + iventoy + plus other junk  and like 12 dockers! 

Home Network

3 minutes ago, gentlemanspot said:

oof yeah I'd bet the Mobo has been replaced, Maybe reach out to HP or get refund? or juts roll with it haha 

I've already tried reaching out for a Refund, no luck there. I'll try HP and if not will I can get into window just have skip that screen 

2 hours ago, gentlemanspot said:

my solid first guess is that this laptop was tied to a company's azure, and it's either been messed with to clear that lock, or it's straight up a stolen device with all fingerprinting info scrubbed off.

with azure businesses can actually make it so any fresh windows install will immediately tie to the business azure, based on.. you guessed it.. serial number and SKU.

i've swapped plenty of boards between elitebooks back around the G5 days (in fact, one of my previous customers may still be running a G3/G4 hackjob put together from mixed parts..) and i've never seen this prompt, which leads me to believe there's more going on here.

7 hours ago, manikyath said:

my solid first guess is that this laptop was tied to a company's azure, and it's either been messed with to clear that lock, or it's straight up a stolen device with all fingerprinting info scrubbed off.

with azure businesses can actually make it so any fresh windows install will immediately tie to the business azure, based on.. you guessed it.. serial number and SKU.

i've swapped plenty of boards between elitebooks back around the G5 days (in fact, one of my previous customers may still be running a G3/G4 hackjob put together from mixed parts..) and i've never seen this prompt, which leads me to believe there's more going on here.

Ah yeah swapping boards is different from factory replacement under warranty form HP! 

When you do warranty work and replace a motherboard form HP you need to install the Feature Byte form the old mobo to the new the mobo from HP, This was down with a bootable software tool but in newer models it was menu options.  

Daily Drives 

HomeLab

Home Network

I remember something!! 

the Feature byte should be on a sticker inside the laptop, i juts opened a HP specter under the bottom. 

Once you have the Feature byte, root around the bios menu I'm sure there is an option to enter it. 

i think i have a probook at work ill have look at the bios options Monday  

Daily Drives 

HomeLab

Home Network

On 5/25/2024 at 8:21 PM, gentlemanspot said:

I remember something!! 

the Feature byte should be on a sticker inside the laptop, i juts opened a HP specter under the bottom. 

Once you have the Feature byte, root around the bios menu I'm sure there is an option to enter it. 

i think i have a probook at work ill have look at the bios options Monday  

I'll have to open it and look