Markups already striking Raven Ridge?

BluJay614

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2018/02/12/buyer-beware-newegg-adds-30-percent-price-hike-to-amds-new-vega-powered-apu/#69adc72b104a

Okay, we aren't even past launch day, and apparently there are already price hikes on these new APUs..... Either way, let's take a look at the story in full.

AMD's new lineup of Radeon Vega-powered APUs hits retail shelves today, and nauseating price hikes are already underway. The Ryzen 5 2400G and Ryzen 3 2200G launch with suggested pricing of $169 and $99 respectively. But that isn't preventing e-tailer Newegg from demanding up to a 30% markup right out of the gate

Okay, just a re-establishment of it being launch day and that they are in stock, along with the retail price, but 30% markup already?!?

Early impressions suggest that AMD raised the bar with their APU performance this time around, combining the power-sipping Ryzen CPU architecture with integrated Vega graphics. In fact, the higher-end Ryzen 5 2400G can handle a game like Overwatch at 1080p, with High settings, and still crank out more than 60FPS.

https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fjasonevangelho%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F02%2F19-113-481-V01-1200x900.jpg%3Fwidth%3D960Ryzen 3 2200G APU: 'On Sale' at Newegg for 30% above MSRP

Ryzen 3 2200G APU: 'On Sale' at Newegg for 30% above MSRP

At any rate, Newegg is listing the Ryzen 3 2200G for $129, a whopping 30% above MSRP. The Ryzen 5 2400G is selling for $189 which represents a much less offensive 11% markup.

Both, however, are listed as "Sale" prices. Come on, Newegg. Stop doing this.

Okay, a bit of performance (admittedly, I haven't had the chance to see any third party reviews yet), and showing that Newegg is already marking up these two chips.

I can't speculate why Newegg is enforcing such a drastic markup on the lower end part, but it's disappointing and hopefully temporary. Perhaps pre-release buzz? Because it has a Radeon Vega logo on the box and people could theoretically use the APU for mining?

At any rate, you should know two things: 1) Newegg is offering their Price Match Guarantee for both of these parts, meaning that if you find them cheaper and notify them within 14 days, they'll reimburse the difference. 2) Hey look, I found the Ryzen 3 2200G for 30% cheaper on Amazon! The Ryzen 5 2400G is also on Amazon for its MSRP of $169.99.

I would have to agree that I hope this is only temporary, and that I have no idea why..... That he couldn't speculate clearly wasn't quite true, cause he did throw out a couple guesses though.

It is good to hear that they are offering a price match, and that it does seem to be isolated.

A correction would be the US market is seeing price hikes. I see no such things when shopping around in my area.

The US seems to have wild west laws (aka none) in place to protect consumers hence they see larger fluctuations. The EU should be another story.

Newegg becomes more disappointing, shocker. I sincerely hope miners aren't this desperate for etailers to be doing this.

There was a streamer who tested out mining on the apu and he mentioned it's crap. It's optimized at 2 cores, once it goes beyond that, the hash rate drops by half, and the more core it uses the poorer the hash rate.  So it crap at mining and that's a good thing.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

There was a streamer who tested out mining on the apu and he mentioned it's crap. It's optimized at 2 cores, once it goes beyond that, the hash rate drops by half, and the more core it uses the poorer the hash rate.  So it crap at mining and that's a good thing.

Thank goodness. Gpu stock being gone is bad enough, we certainly don't need budget apus and all ryzen boards in the same boat

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

Seriously, over MSRP prices should be illegal like how it is with GPUs now. Pure clusterfuck. Also manufacturers didn't increase price themselves even yet profit goes elsewhere. Shouldn't be like so. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Just now, Jito463 said:

It's also funny that they're advertising it as a sale price.

When the sale ends we'll go back to MSRP xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Trixanity said:

A correction would be the US market is seeing price hikes. I see no such things when shopping around in my area.

The US seems to have wild west laws (aka none) in place to protect consumers hence they see larger fluctuations. The EU should be another story.

It looks more like a supply markup,price should go back down to AMD's MSRP later, Amazon is already selling at MSRP though they probably have more in stock than Newegg. The US also doesn't have to pay the VAT tax.

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

It's also funny that they're advertising it as a sale price.

Newegg does that "on sale" nonsense with a lot of stuff, it's easy to compare prices with pcpartpicker so Newegg is only hurting their own sales if it is a price gouge markup in this case.

9 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Seriously, over MSRP prices should be illegal like how it is with GPUs now. Pure clusterfuck. Also manufacturers didn't increase price themselves even yet profit goes elsewhere. Shouldn't be like so. 

Not all retailers are. It's mostly 3rd party sellers. Amazon hadn't changed their prices buy their stock sells out in minutes. Newegg is just retarded recently with their pricing, they don't even try to hide their money grab. 

GPU msrps have gone up though because of the rising ram prices. It's costing manufacturers $20-30 more, at their pricing, per card

Fanboys are the worst thing to happen to the tech community World. Chief among them are Apple fanboys. 

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

it's easy to compare prices with pcpartpicker so Newegg is only hurting their own sales if it is a price gouge markup in this case.

Problem right now is that PCPartpicker doesn't have them up on their website yet.

1 minute ago, Ginger137 said:

Not all retailers are. It's mostly 3rd party sellers. Amazon hadn't changed their prices buy their stock sells out in minutes. Newegg is just retarded recently with their pricing, they don't even try to hide their money grab. 

GPU msrps have gone up though because of the rising ram prices. It's costing manufacturers $20-30 more, at their pricing, per card

Right, point is it's BS that they can do that. Manufacturers raising msrp a bit cause of memory price increase is understandable. But like mid range card costing like x4 the msrp is BS though. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I think sometimes people pay too much attention to MSRP. The "S" is there for a reason. Prices change day to day, region to region, retailer to retailer, and ultimately line up with demand determinants (such as performance). For instance, I've seen many claims in reviews about the APUs being better "and cheaper" than the Ryzen 3 and Ryzen 5 they look most like, yet the retailers I check have the CPUs cheaper than the APUs as you would obviously expect. I don't know if the reviewers are going by original MSRPs or last announced MSRPs, but either way that's hardly going to be the market relevant price (an individual retailer can charge anything for a particular SKU, but the market price will tell a different story).

Must have been a sale out of the gate to get that last minute money. I followed the links just now, and they are back to AMD pricing.

newegg.png.4899621fb65488015e8ced102a29cf92.png

Maybe they will blame it on an intern? Or maybe the sale price is back to $99, and it'll go back to mark up in 2 days?

No issues on Amazon.

13 hours ago, J400 said:

newegg will adjust their pricing when they realize they aren't getting any sales. simple as that.

it's sold out... https://www.amazon.com/AMD-YD2400C5FBBOX-Processor-Radeon-Graphics/dp/B079D8FD28/ref=zg_bs_229189_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=PS2JP5PT2QQYWE48E9Z7

It's also second and third best selling already

In Aus they are both about A$15 more than the US msrp.  Don't know if that is purely reflective of shipping/taxes/etc.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Must have been a sale out of the gate to get that last minute money. I followed the links just now, and they are back to AMD pricing.

newegg.png.4899621fb65488015e8ced102a29cf92.png

Maybe they will blame it on an intern? Or maybe the sale price is back to $99, and it'll go back to mark up in 2 days?

No issues on Amazon.

Screenshot_20180212-222505.thumb.png.f3a2997c05c678a9498b738199dbbb1b.png