Ultralight X

MiszS

I'm wondering how actually good the finalmouse ultralight X is, it's 1 of the lightest wireless mice out there, but it's also the only wireless mouse i know made from carbon fiber. So does anyone know how good the build quality, and battery life is?

Seems like good quality mouse. Do not see any major user report of build quality issues as of late.

Well about the battery life. While final mouse says it will last 70 hours, that might not be the case for users. Depends if you use lightning, polling rate etc. but if its over 48 hours ( which it will be whatever you do) in my opinion then its pretty good

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

11 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Seems like good quality mouse. Do not see any major user report of build quality issues as of late.

Well about the battery life. While final mouse says it will last 70 hours, that might not be the case for users. Depends if you use lightning, polling rate etc. but if its over 48 hours ( which it will be whatever you do) in my opinion then its pretty good

The battery life isn't really that big, but for a light mouse like that it's fine

Just now, MiszS said:

The battery life isn't really that big, but for a light mouse like that it's fine

That is true, but in my opnion is good enough, since i can just charge the mouse overnight every 2 days anyway.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

What's your aim for the mouse?

Not sure how price/performance efficient it really is:

I'd really look up people that reviewed and actually used the mouse, I did see one review that looks like the guy uses the mouse.

For battery life 2 days is nice but apparently similarly priced mouses could go for a week without charging, and if you have ~300-400$ to spare, you could get mouse + mousepad that charges the mouse.

If you're serious about gaming and need ultralight mouse, it might be the pick for you, but it all depends.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

First of all, it's a rather small mouse. Well secondly, they idiotically decrease the battery as if it significantly drops weight... it has less battery size than a Pwnage Ultra Custom or similar, and due to the excessive Hz which btw does no actual improvement, the battery life goes down even below. In days you sit all day on PC, expect 1 day out of it maybe. That's how my Stormbreaker is and I hate it.

Also due to the carbon nature of the construction, they 3D print lines over the left / right button just like on mine, which doesn't feel good to palm at all...

all in all, I'd say it's a bad product and wouldn't recommend buying one. The older 2.0 Custom Ultra is still actually a really good mouse.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

First of all, it's a rather small mouse. Well secondly, they idiotically decrease the battery as if it significantly drops weight... it has less battery size than a Pwnage Ultra Custom or similar, and due to the excessive Hz which btw does no actual improvement, the battery life goes down even below. In days you sit all day on PC, expect 1 day out of it maybe. That's how my Stormbreaker is and I hate it.

Also due to the carbon nature of the construction, they 3D print lines over the left / right button just like on mine, which doesn't feel good to palm at all...

all in all, I'd say it's a bad product and wouldn't recommend buying one. The older 2.0 Custom Ultra is still actually a really good mouse.

Good to know, but i don't think it's really small, when the biggest one is the size of the superlight, which i'd say is normal sized

3 hours ago, podkall said:

What's your aim for the mouse?

Not sure how price/performance efficient it really is:

I'd really look up people that reviewed and actually used the mouse, I did see one review that looks like the guy uses the mouse.

For battery life 2 days is nice but apparently similarly priced mouses could go for a week without charging, and if you have ~300-400$ to spare, you could get mouse + mousepad that charges the mouse.

If you're serious about gaming and need ultralight mouse, it might be the pick for you, but it all depends.

i mainly thought about buying it in the future, and then using it for 5+ years, that's why i wonder how good the build quality is

2 hours ago, MiszS said:

i mainly thought about buying it in the future, and then using it for 5+ years, that's why i wonder how good the build quality is

not sure in that regard, though I personally wouldn't go ultralight because of the mouse flexing on certain spots, the mouse might be sturdy on the sides and angles where grip is applied, but I honestly think the mouse would be too light for me and my grip changes based on game or situation, not sure if Ultralight X would be best for me, but you are not me,

I guess it's too hard for me to give you a more than decent advice in this, I think I'm too biased in this regard maybe, or idk

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

It seems more "normal" sized when compared to other new fashioned trend mice of its kind, if you're to go compare it from a side angle to older mice like Pulsar, you'll find it's significantly smaller actually. Especially the left mouse clicks are positioned lower.

The reviews aren't exactly shining either: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/finalmouse-ultralightx/9.html

Recommendation would be grapping a mouse that's known to be true / good: https://www.amazon.com/Pwnage-Ultra-Custom-Wireless-Gaming/dp/B0B459LF8V?th=1

10 hours ago, Motifator said:

It seems more "normal" sized when compared to other new fashioned trend mice of its kind, if you're to go compare it from a side angle to older mice like Pulsar, you'll find it's significantly smaller actually. Especially the left mouse clicks are positioned lower.

The reviews aren't exactly shining either: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/finalmouse-ultralightx/9.html

Recommendation would be grapping a mouse that's known to be true / good: https://www.amazon.com/Pwnage-Ultra-Custom-Wireless-Gaming/dp/B0B459LF8V?th=1

I already have the superlight, I was looking to buy the ultralight if it ever breaks, or wears out too much

I'd say there are better alternatives out there from other brands. That also are cheaper.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 hours ago, MiszS said:

I already have the superlight, I was looking to buy the ultralight if it ever breaks, or wears out too much

As the user above pointed out, there's the Darmoshark M2 which is better specced and cheaper / larger. There should also be more models out by then... so yeah.

5 hours ago, Motifator said:

As the user above pointed out, there's the Darmoshark M2 which is better specced and cheaper / larger. There should also be more models out by then... so yeah.

I don't really see how is it better specced, and the holes are just too large for me, to use comfortably

6 hours ago, MiszS said:

I don't really see how is it better specced, and the holes are just too large for me, to use comfortably

That doesn't make any sense, you don't really feel the holes in perforated grill designs, I've got lots of different mice of the honeycomb design, and in none of them what you said has been an issue. Some, just as large holes as that mouse, if not larger.

As for the Darmoshark, it's pretty much pretty specced (Finalmeme always gets the build garbo), higher battery mAh, bigger and cheaper to boot. If anything that would be the mouse I'd purchase and I'm actually currently eying it for myself.

There are of course other alternatives in the echelon of magnesium mice, most of which are actually better than the Finalmouse probably, just not all worth mentioning.

17 hours ago, Motifator said:

That doesn't make any sense, you don't really feel the holes in perforated grill designs, I've got lots of different mice of the honeycomb design, and in none of them what you said has been an issue. Some, just as large holes as that mouse, if not larger.

As for the Darmoshark, it's pretty much pretty specced (Finalmeme always gets the build garbo), higher battery mAh, bigger and cheaper to boot. If anything that would be the mouse I'd purchase and I'm actually currently eying it for myself.

There are of course other alternatives in the echelon of magnesium mice, most of which are actually better than the Finalmouse probably, just not all worth mentioning.

That makes a lot of sense, I have a honeycomb house, and I don't like how it feels compared to the ultralight

It still doesn't make sense though, you can't just judge a honeycomb design by the amount of holes it has... makes no sense lol.

Either way, I'd actually heavily recommend going with the Darmo, as it has a 500 mAh battery life meaning you WILL benefit from it ESPECIALLY once you go above 1k Hz. It's an upgrade in terms of battery over any other mice of its caliber, comes with a dongle that shows you the battery life over a tiny OLED display too...

4 minutes ago, Motifator said:

It still doesn't make sense though, you can't just judge a honeycomb design by the amount of holes it has... makes no sense lol.

Either way, I'd actually heavily recommend going with the Darmo, as it has a 500 mAh battery life meaning you WILL benefit from it ESPECIALLY once you go above 1k Hz. It's an upgrade in terms of battery over any other mice of its caliber, comes with a dongle that shows you the battery life over a tiny OLED display too...

Seems like a nice mouse, but it's not rlly that light

12 minutes ago, MiszS said:

Seems like a nice mouse, but it's not rlly that light

Eh, it's 35-40g? About as light as it gets tbh. Similar to the Finalmouse.

21 minutes ago, Motifator said:

Eh, it's 35-40g? About as light as it gets tbh. Similar to the Finalmouse.

oh 35g? The one i found was 58g, can you send a link?