DC ++

I can connect to the old versions but not the new one, I have allowed access through my fire wall but it still does not let me search or connect to download anything or read file lists, what is wrong with new software, the old software works.  I guess we need better programmers and get rid of the fking idiots!  Anyone have a clue how to use the latest version of DC++?

Reinstall DC ++ and restart router.

Make sure that the settings in the latest version of DC++ are configured correctly. Check the connection settings, including the connection mode (passive or active), ports, and any proxy settings.

If you're running DC++ on a newer operating system, you can try running it in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. Right-click on the DC++ shortcut or executable file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and enable compatibility mode.

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

3 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Reinstall DC ++ and restart router.

Make sure that the settings in the latest version of DC++ are configured correctly. Check the connection settings, including the connection mode (passive or active), ports, and any proxy settings.

If you're running DC++ on a newer operating system, you can try running it in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. Right-click on the DC++ shortcut or executable file, select "Properties," go to the "Compatibility" tab, and enable compatibility mode.

For some reason now it's started to work better, I am able to do searches now and i've just grabbed someone's file list, but as for the instability of newer software and windows 11 it'll probably f**k up again, I now have 3 dc++'s in my fire wall settings which is a mystery as I uninstall each version first.  Some of them are standalone just to make things more confusing.  As for all those other options within dc they don't really do anything.. all a load of BS it just does what it wants when it wants!

You should remove all instances of the DC++ on the fire wall settings. after that remove all the DC++ instances and clean install the newest version

If that does not do anythign try runnign it on compability mode

Have you updated your operating system to up to date?

you could also try alternative DC++ clients

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.