Nvidia Teases Another Titan X: Titan X Collectors Edition

Max_Settings
10 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

When I have the money to buy a new GPU, I'll remember not buy Nvidia's product :P.

Matrox it is! ;)

3 minutes ago, tjcater said:

So still no Titan Zp? I kid, I kid.

Titan Xp (Tea tan color scheme edition) 

I think Nvidia might be intentionally trying to bring prices down by generating confusion among consumers offering too many cards and too many options...

Not really I'd be a nice though that it was intentional and not just stupid.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

there is no real gap to be bridged though, the 1070TI is priced like a 1080 but dosent perform quite like one. a good 1070TI costs the same as about an equal quality 1080. the 1070 and 1080 were never even that far appart in price anyway, just enough to separate them. the 1070TI is straight up a card that has no place and shouldent be out there to cause confusion

according to reviews it falls between 1070 and 1080 in many gaming benches

stock vs stock

cant add oc variable because not all respond the same

and mind you ocers are like the 1%ers

27 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

After Titan Xp and 1070Ti launches, it was extremely hard for me to believe that Nvidia could do something even dumber...

I stand corrected :)

Plot twist, when it's a dual Titan XP card. At 6x the cost. And 12x the RGB. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

16 minutes ago, pas008 said:

said this about 1070ti

think its applies here

I find it funny people complain about a product on the Market for a year and something else comes in to bridge the gap and offer alittle performance for same price bracket

Its like complaining about buying 2017 car when you know 2018 models coming out soon might have same hp mpg but newer features

you bought it because you wanted/needed it at the time

seems like everyone cries about anything now days

I think people are disappointed because this should have launched 18 months ago along with the rest of the 1070/1080 cards. Now it's really just a card that exists as an excuse to keep selling us this generation of cards instead of pushing the envelope.

As for this Titan though, well isn't it a bit early for April Fools?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

3 minutes ago, Carclis said:

I think people are disappointed because this should have launched 18 months ago along with the rest of the 1070/1080 cards. Now it's really just a card that exists as an excuse to keep selling us this generation of cards instead of pushing the envelope.

As for this Titan though, well isn't it a bit early for April Fools?

thats what happens when there is no real competition also

how long was 900series? 700series?

59 minutes ago, DLex said:

I'll be waiting for Volta Titan.

'Titan V' now that's a new name that would sound awesome and make sense!

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

9 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

Plot twist, when it's a dual Titan XP card. At 6x the cost. And 12x the RGB. 

And 64x the bitchezzzzzzz.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

according to reviews it falls between 1070 and 1080 in many gaming benches

stock vs stock

cant add oc variable because not all respond the same

and mind you ocers are like the 1%ers

exactly, it performs worse then the 1080, and costs like one. so why does it exist?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

thats what happens when there is no real competition also

how long was 900series? 700series?

20 and 16 months respectively. The 1000 series is about 18 months old now which means it should be nearing the end. Again I think it's pretty understandable that people are disappointed with no new ground being covered and no real price/performance gain. Saying this is how monopolies behave isn't going to change peoples expectations.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

exactly, it performs worse then the 1080, and costs like one. so why does it exist?

neweggs pricing has it completely lower and a signifcant 30-50 dollar gap

to some people thats a bigger ssd for that money

please tell me what would to do with better chips binned better than 1070 but not quite 1080?

would you maximize profits with a gap product? and use more time at incorporating infinity fab like design on possibly volta?

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

my money's on a quarter later somehow

They should have called it the Titan P in the first place. and then P2 or P mark II

Nvidia normally releases in May/June range, so I expect that's probably when it's coming. There's also been the small chatter that yields could be better, as Volta is a ramped up Pascal.  But, well, Nvidia has no reason to be in a hurry in the consumer space, as they'd only be fighting against themselves. 

1 minute ago, pas008 said:

neweggs pricing has it completely lower and a signifcant 30-50 dollar gap

to some people thats a bigger ssd for that money

please tell me what would to do with better chips binned better than 1070 but not quite 1080?

would you maximize profits with a gap product? and use more time at incorporating infinity fab like design on possibly volta?

i never said it was a bad idea from NVIDIA, its a great way to use borked 1080 dies. but yah, thats not an especially large gap. 30-50 dollars? i cant see a situation where you would end up not blowing those extra dollars to be honest. you can drop bulk storage, a 1TB HDD is about that and will be extremely easy to add in a month later or whatever. i really can not think of any reason this card is any good for consumers when the 1080 exists. because its not priced like a 1070, its priced like a 1080 for the AIB cards. 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Collectors edition? I beg your pardon? Lmfao! Nvidia has got to be so comfortable right now to release collector edition graphics cards. xD

Linus might as well ask for the LTT edition. 

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

12 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i never said it was a bad idea from NVIDIA, its a great way to use borked 1080 dies. but yah, thats not an especially large gap. 30-50 dollars? i cant see a situation where you would end up not blowing those extra dollars to be honest. you can drop bulk storage, a 1TB HDD is about that and will be extremely easy to add in a month later or whatever. i really can not think of any reason this card is any good for consumers when the 1080 exists. because its not priced like a 1070, its priced like a 1080 for the AIB cards. 

i see 1070tis 450-500, 1080s 510-600plus

there is a gap to me for performance and price

you have to remember majority of us here are the 1% that upgrades, keeps up on tech, most likely shops for best deal, overclocks, etc

the other 99% buys on reviews and what they can afford/want and be done

also mind you these cut into vega 56 more than plain 1070

This is starting to sound like a joke . And it's not funny.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

We could be seeing the same thing that happened to Intel while they waited for AMD to catch up to the CPU market with Nvidia and the GPU market. Sit on major advancements and only release marginal improvements until there's some real competition to really push it forward. 

Just thinking out loud...  

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

7 minutes ago, pas008 said:

i see 1070tis 450-500, 1080s 510-600plus

there is a gap to me for performance and price

you have to remember majority of us here are the 1% that upgrades, keeps up on tech, most likely shops for best deal, overclocks, etc

the other 99% buys on reviews and what they can afford/want and be done

also mind you these cut into vega 56 more than plain 1070

$60? thats not much. i cant say i can think of many builds where a 1070TI would make any sense over that 1080 for $60 more. im pretty sure anyone that sees the prices of most 1070TIs which is about €510 here, and then looks at the 1080s for the same price would pick the 1080. honestly if i stuble across a build where the 1070TI makes sense id be pretty surprised.

Builds:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, Tedny said:

Nvidia, why you need new Titan? AMD doing something? 

Yep AMD is adding all the RGBs.

2 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

You're gonna be waiting a loooooooooong time

705cafc9f750635365a043985ecb0eebe73bc67b

Why wouldn't Nvidia release another Titan card? Vega is about as much competition to Pascal as a chocolate bar is to a hairdryer and while Nvidia keep doing the same stupid shit over and over again the consumers keep lapping it up like diarrhoea hungry flies.

AMD shook up the CPU market with Ryzen but unfortunately Vega has only shown Nvidia they have nothing to fear from Team Red and they can now pretty much do whatever they want. Consumers wanting the highest tier GPUs have only one choice, its green, costs $1000 and will likely be replaced in 6 to 9 months by a new revision that offers minimal performace increase for more money. This is basically where Intel was when all AMD had was FX.

maybe on the consumer side, but vega is a great gpu for compute, and server workloads, also there is the ssg but that is more of a niche, the biggest problem there is the fact that everyone and there dog are invested in a closed source product (CUDA) (which is a terrible idea btw ), which is preventing amd from advancing fast, they do have programs to convert code from cuda to opengl which should help.

btw the first Fx were great cpus, you mean bulldozer