Nvidia Teases Another Titan X: Titan X Collectors Edition

Max_Settings
38 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

snip

My point was simply that everyone recycles products due to it being cheaper, the situation of the company may be different but money is always going to push towards milking a product for all its got.

(My question was more or less rhetorical)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

10 hours ago, Prysin said:

i dunno how they make better margins on the reference design, its info i got from various industry insiders/financial analysts.

9 hours ago, leadeater said:

Must charge something per card for using the ref design or something then. I've heard the same thing for Nvidia too that ref/FE cost more, should look up the explanation of why/how because it's probably the same for AMD.

I'd suspect there are some people through the pipeline whom are confusing margin & profit.  The terms aren't generally used interchangeably by people involved in finance, but I fairly regularly see them intermingled by others.  I suspect AMD is making more profit by selling the reference board /w GPU to AIBs, simply because there's more overall items being sold.  At the same time I'm doubtful the margins are better for AMD there; honestly I'd be willing to bet the margins are worse if not the same.

It's like getting a combo at a fastfood place.  They sell more crap for more profit, but incentivize the higher value transactions by taking a hit to profit margin(s).

If not then...I'd start thinking that my supplier is gouging me(if I we're an AIB), and that gets ugly fast.

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

6 minutes ago, Space Reptile said:

Overall design is nice but I couldn't imagine having a GPU that says "Jedi Order" or "Galactic Empire" on the side.

What kind of deal do they have with Disney for this?

nvidia-titan-xp-ce-star-wars-jedi-order-

nvidia-titan-xp-ce-star-wars-galactic-em

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

what if i told there have been Jedi with red sabers (uncanon for you maybe, nut i don't care cause i read them before Disney stepped in)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>