Opinons on the current LTT

Eduard the weeb
Go to solution Solved by vanished,

It's funny, I've been seeing these threads pretty much monthly for the entire time I've been here.  There will always be people hating on the new thing and looking back like it was better, but the funny thing is one person's good old days was another's new garbage.

What you think off the current LTT  

48 members have voted

1. 1. You like it the old ways or now

• Current LTT or LMG is cool
    • Old Ltt or LMG will never be topped

So currently if you go to a lot of threads people are complaining  about LTT and how they miss the old Linus I personally have been a fan for only 9 months, but I do see there point when it comes too some videos but I still really enjoy videos like Scrapyard wars or the Red camera review or the tours of MKBHD or Deadmau5s studio to name a few, so I would like to ask how is everyone liking this " New Linus" and if you could make it like the old LMG would you ? 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I liked old LTT but the current one is also cool, but you know what i really think ? 

Spoiler

5b3d218b193f472f9717bf9030caf5dffad68f0f

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

Haven't watched in a while so idk.

Still like Linus rants

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Why are people mad about the 'current' linus. The only difference I see are the inclusion of more puns and that crispy red footage. Why doesn't people like higher production quality?

Just now, Fahim Foysal said:

Why are people mad about the 'current' linus. The only difference I see are the inclusion of more puns and that crispy red footage. Why doesn't people like higher production?

bad thumdnails and the Idea it panaders to children and ruins hardware like the ANTI RGB PC.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

I have said it in a few threads but I unsubbed from LTT. I don't like the new content but I still enjoy his forum. I have no illusions that I am in the minority but that is fine. Life changes and we can´t keep everything we liked.

Weekly LTT content thread is here I see.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

His newest video was actually really good. Very reminiscent of the old days. No shitty memes, no forced jokes, factual, informative, technical and demonstrative.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

I'm here for the Forum not the videos to be honest.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

14 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

His newest video was actually really good. Very reminiscent of the old days. No shitty memes, no forced jokes, factual, informative, technical and demonstrative.

Yeah, they were actual tips that were taken seriously without any crappy filler content to keep you up every 3 seconds. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

While I don't watch every video made, I do enjoy the channel. The channel thrives mostly from getting as many people to watch their videos, and getting people to watch for a longer time. Bonus if they can get someone watch more than one video. So them using puns and "memes" in their videos is understandable as that is the current trend of the internet. I think people put too much thought into calling things "click-bait" because that is ultimate goal of a thumbnail or title. But to each their own. No one has to watch till the ends of videos, or even click on them. 

Also, what is wrong with making the channel more kid friendly? I love seeing younger people get into computers. It reminds me of when I was little helping my dad with this stuff. Plus, now they have a way to learn even more than what they might be able to on their own. They could even make a career out of what they learn one day if they stick with it, or if nothing else it remains a hobby which is fine. 

LTT hasnt changed, what has changed is the resources they have to do what they do.

17 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

bad thumdnails and the Idea it panaders to children and ruins hardware like the ANTI RGB PC.

What kinda thumbnails exactly? They seem a lot more foolish than before. It's so lame that it's funny and i thought that was intentional

9 minutes ago, Syn Messer said:

The channel thrives mostly from getting as many people to watch their videos, and getting people to watch for a longer time.

welcome, to how youtube works?

3 minutes ago, Fahim Foysal said:

What kinda thumbnails exactly? They seem a lot more foolish than before. It's so lame that it's funny and i thought that was intentional

the thumbnails are way over the top, but thats the current trend of thumbnails, and honestly if you hate a channel for its thumbnals, you literally hate the entire channel for 0.16% of its content (based on an average video time of 10 minutes, not counting the audio as content.)

3 minutes ago, manikyath said:

welcome, to how youtube works?

the thumbnails are way over the top, but thats the current trend of thumbnails, and honestly if you hate a channel for its thumbnals, you literally hate the entire channel for 0.16% of its content (based on an average video time of 10 minutes, not counting the audio as content.)

Yeah that is very true. I don't see another channel who will try to game on 16 4k monitors.

Everytime something changes even a tiny little bit you'll have people having heart attacks about how it was sooo much better before, 3 months later when the next change comes it's the same thing all over only now it's the one they used to complain about that's sooo much better, etc. And seriously, the thumbnails? Don't they pretty much go away the second you start the video? I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, some of the videos have been bad, but some have been good too, and some of the older videos have also been bad, it's just that no one remembers anymore because it's not really that important. It's pretty much impossible to only make content that everybody likes 100% of the time, because people are bloody different (thankfully). I'm not going to be intereseted in every single video, and depending on who's hosting I might not even watch even if the topic does interest me, but that's the thing... no one is forcing me to. :)

Anyone who tells you that you can't do something is unimaginative and probably a coward.

don't watch anymore, having to find a legitimate video out of the meme-y ones is awful, and I don't want to bother anymore. 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 hours ago, DeadEyePsycho said:

Weekly LTT content thread is here I see.

I just wanted to see what people thought and why.

Bring back Case unboxings and overviews/reviews!

Emphasis on reviews.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Fahim Foysal said:

I personally like how LTT is going and I enjoy there videos alto whether or not they have shit jokes or not.

The odd video goes in a better direction, i think they're slowly balancing back to a more grounded presentation again. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

4 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

that's because he did it before:

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System