Used GPUs hit the market as ETH price drops

Just now, TetraSky said:

So as usual, the early adopter for a cryptocurrency got rich when they could and everyone else who got in late is stuck having to resell the hardware they bought to recoup some of their money

The trick to getting rich in a gold rush is not to dig for gold but instead sell shovels and picks to gold miners. :)

Man, I was hoping to sell my 290X to some dumb miner for a ridiculous price...let's see if there are any idiots who still want to invest in ethereum...

Lowers listing price from $375 CAD to $350

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

The trick to getting rich in a gold rush is not to dig for gold but instead sell shovels and picks to gold miners. :)

Night Fury 2.0:

Spoiler

Intel Core i5-6500 / Cryorig H7 / Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H / Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz / EVGA GTX 1070 SC / Fractal Design Define R5 / Adata SP550 240GB / WD Blue 500GB / WD Blue 1TB / EVGA 750GQ 

Daily Drivers:

Spoiler

Google Pixel XL 128GB / Jaybird Bluebuds X3 / Logitech MX Master / Sennheiser HD 598 / 

15 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Somewhat a repost. 

Please use the report button ...

@Griz This was already posted, so I merged threads.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

21 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Another good one is also "if you've heard about the gold rush it's too late to get rich"

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

as Ethereum price drops

Capture.PNG.01705baf69a760950df50d48abd40c22.PNG

hm...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Capture.PNG.01705baf69a760950df50d48abd40c22.PNG

hm...

Shh. Don't let them know that it's not over yet. Round 2 is on the horizon :P 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

13 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

To be fair it is still at ~50% of it's all high time price. This might be the last train to go and grab some $ before people realize it might go up and flood the market again.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 hour ago, Ithanul said:

Set to 65% TDP, OC memory, call it a day.  Pretty much what I did to my set of 1070s.  Was a great way to expand my F@H rig and make money back.  :D

This post combined with you CPU and GPU army in your signature made me laugh.

Also it's the end of the workday, so everything is now funny.

Thanks for the details though

In related news - Ethereum Prices spike again as weak minded people start pulling out and used GPUs are hitting the market

envB3sh.png

CPU: Intel i7 5820K @ 4.20 GHz | MotherboardMSI X99S SLI PLUS | RAM: Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 @ 2666MHz | GPU: Sapphire R9 Fury (x2 CrossFire)
Storage: Samsung 950Pro 512GB // OCZ Vector150 240GB // Seagate 1TB | PSU: Seasonic 1050 Snow Silent | Case: NZXT H440 | Cooling: Nepton 240M
FireStrike // Extreme // Ultra // 8K // 16K

why cant we have this sort of rush for personal supercomputers? Why are people so short sighted when there are other non direct routes that can yield greater income with far less investment?

The recent spike is more related to Bitcoin not disintegrating over a dumb argument. ETH is still on a downward future, though.

58 minutes ago, Kyle86GT said:

Nothing below MSRP on Ebay for a 580 yet, even my local Microcenter has jacked up pricing still.

Nice to see there is stock on the shelves though. 

XFX Radeon RX-580's in stock at $449.99 ea.

We're going to have them fairly high until at least the end of July. That's when the next major shipment is supposed to be arriving (supposedly).

Edit: Interesting that they are allowing more than 2 units at all, though. My store completely shut them off :D

9 minutes ago, Rune said:

The recent spike is more related to Bitcoin not disintegrating over a dumb argument. ETH is still on a downward future, though.

We're going to have them fairly high until at least the end of July. That's when the next major shipment is supposed to be arriving (supposedly).

Edit: Interesting that they are allowing more than 2 units at all, though. My store completely shut them off :D

If the screenshot is accurate then at $10,000 it may as well be shut off.

No one in their right mind would pay $10,000 for any GPU.  lol

49 minutes ago, DXMember said:

In related news - Ethereum Prices spike again as weak minded people start pulling out and used GPUs are hitting the market

envB3sh.png

Whoops! The dangers of watching short-term performance strikes again!

oops.PNG

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

It's starting to happen :P

Used RX 580's are finally sub 300 euro's where i live. Another few days and i might get one for 200-250 :D

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

7 hours ago, Nicnac said:

We might also be able to get a lot of cheap 1000+W PSUs  on the cheap soon :D

One might hope so, if the vega TDP rumors are true.

F#$k timezone programming. Use UTC! (See XKCD #1883)

PC Specs:

Ryzen 5900x, MSI 3070Ti, 2 x 1 TiB SSDs, 32 GB 3400 DDR4, Cooler Master NR200P

8 hours ago, Nicnac said:

We might also be able to get a lot of cheap 1000+W PSUs  on the cheap soon :D

And assuming they were running in the open air and were decent quality ones to begin with, there shouldn't have to be any worries about the fact they were run hard for a year or two, since getting 5 - 10 would not be unreasonable.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

And assuming they were running in the open air and were decent quality ones to begin with, there shouldn't have to be any worries about the fact they were run hard for a year or two, since getting 5 - 10 would not be unreasonable.

I think most probably even ran much less than a year. And you should always buy reputable brand PSUs anyways so i am really looking forward to good deals. 1070s are already flooding the market here in Germany. Just saw one Liste for only 350€ today but it was gone after an hour already. I'm gonna wait until they hit a price point around 300-ish. :D 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

It blows my mind how much people are paying for used GPUs on eBay. If you just go to now in stock (the website) and refresh for a hour ONE form of a 580 will be available to buy and you're saving $150+.. Bonus that it's not used. Granted all were pre-orders but the ones I watched today shipped at the end of July. 

Looks like the Ethereum price is stabilizing above $200. Price fluctuations have died off, and trading volume is down as well.

Ethereum was worth less than $10 at the start of the year, so the price is still way up from that point, and likely enough to keep a lot of folks mining.

Some people are already in panic mode. Found one guy on eBay who is trying to sell 25 RX480 just two-month-old. He also has picks of his mining rig there. xD That was just lolz as he cites for the reason to sell his equipment: "Need money, thats why you get a great price". Yeah sure buddy xD

Can't post links as it is certainly not allowed, so sorry.

There are also a ton of other RX480s on eBay but not many 580s