Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED Region Change Help

Hi,

I want to change the region on my Samsung Odyssey G9 OLED. I moved country and now I cannot access the local streaming apps in the app store. On Samsung TV's, this is usually done by resetting the Smart Hub in the Self Diagnosis menu and then during the setup on the "Terms and Conditions" page you press a combination on the remote control to get the country selection menu: Mute, Volume Up, Volume Down, Mute. It works, I changed my TV region. However on this G9 OLED monitor when you get to that page and use the exact same key combo the menu does not pop up. I am not sure if the key combination has changed for the monitors, or if there is another way to change the region. I have tried almost everything I could think of but have not been able to change the Smart Hub region on this monitor. Can anybody maybe try it on theirs or try and help me. I have tried Samsung Tech Support but they don't even know what I am talking about and don't seem to have an escalation process.

Thanks

classic Samsung, well lucky for you I may know a solution (would need to get a remote) there is a special service remote that we (at our repair shop) use and it works just fine.

The remote is a service remote for Samsung TVs and we use it to change the region on TVs when we get them, when u have the monitor power on follow this using the service remote: press "info" followed by "factory" then click on the top first option when the service menu pops up (options) then look for the region option click on it and it will show you different region options, usually we choose "EU_UK" but you can choose whichever you need.

Finally, once selected go to the top option in the same sub-menu and click on (factory reset or similar) then again (factory reset) and the monitor should turn off, and now power it back on and go through the whole setup again.

the remote looks like THIS hope it helps

Thanks I will give this a try. Hopefully I can find this remote easily. Also, it seems like there is Homebridge clone of the service remote, so I can just trigger the button presses from that...