Intel undermines AMD's new EPYC Server Lineup performance in its Official Xeon SP Slide Deck

2 minutes ago, tom_w141 said:

They lit the fires in their panic not with their processors (though I'm sure they contributed ;) ). They destroyed the place looking for a solution, but didn't find one.

I mean....they did say some pretty mean things about AMD.....that's a solution

Not a very good one....but it is a solution...

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

13 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Saw this cropped up in a few places, was tempted to post. Headline really should be, "Intel's desperate plea to hire AMD's Memelord PR guy".  You've got to go either full Memelord with some stuff or fully professional. Half-way just looks petty. 

Normally I only read on these forums and never post, but I read about this "glued-together" stuff so much today and thought it was hilarious. Sry im not that good at it <.<.

Intel's marketing department is really grasping here...

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

9 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

X299 isn't that hot

It is if it's the 7980XE overclocked to 4.8 Ghz :P

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Intel really is screwed, I'd be surprised if they weren't completely bankrupt by next month.

I mean honestly they probably liquidated all assets and invested all $116+ billion dollars of their worth to produce their newest lineup.

RIP intel

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

It is if it's the 7980XE overclocked to 4.8 Ghz :P

when your neighbors from the next block over turn on their new 7980XE rig 

animated-light-bulb-gif-19.gif  

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

The slides are too funny xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Wow Intel is panicking more than I thought they would.

Almost seems unprofessional the way they are grasping at straws LOL.

They are saying things like 'poor track record' and 'inconsistent supplier' about AMD haha.

They are basically trying to shift the focus onto AMD's past rather than talk about current gen AMD naples.

I know corporate suits are more succeptible to intel's arguments here but they aren't stupid: They're not gonna go "Yesh intel performs 25% better ok I will expand my budget 400% to accommodate this products instead!"

They're basically afraid of having to price their shit fairly and that's something that is not easy to undo with panic tactics. It's doable but come on look at the numbers and prices: they speak for themselves.

-------

Current Rig

-------

32 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Intel really is screwed, I'd be surprised if they weren't completely bankrupt by next month.

I mean honestly they probably liquidated all assets and invested all $116+ billion dollars of their worth to produce their newest lineup.

RIP intel

Let's not exaggerate, they still have a vast lead in marketshare and enterprise clients can't alway just switch platform completely every time something new comes out. Intel will be just fine. Hopefully however this puts a big dent in their marketshare, big enough for AMD to invest in R&D and stay competitive.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

17 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Wow Intel is panicking more than I thought they would.

Almost seems unprofessional the way they are grasping at straws LOL.

They are saying things like 'poor track record' and 'inconsistent supplier' about AMD haha.

They are basically trying to shift the focus onto AMD's past rather than talk about current gen AMD naples.

Next step: portal 3 sponsored by intel with easter egg : "Ryzen is a lie". And thus will end the denial phase for Intel ! Next up: the angry step!

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

I know corporate suits are more succeptible to intel's arguments here but they aren't stupid: They're not gonna go "Yesh intel performs 25% better ok I will expand my budget 400% to accommodate this products instead!"

They're basically afraid of having to price their shit fairly and that's something that is not easy to undo with panic tactics. It's doable but come on look at the numbers and prices: they speak for themselves.

It's not just that, intel high core count chips are considerably more expensive to produce than amd's since they have been sitting on their asses for the last 6 years instead of investing in more cost effective architectures.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Just now, Sauron said:

It's not just that, intel high core count chips are considerably more expensive to produce than amd's since they have been sitting on their asses for the last 6 years instead of investing in more cost effective architectures.

The interest part is on your previous point though: corporate sales move far more slowly giving intel time to react and even improve performance vastly or improve production and pricing since AMD will still be the new platform not the mature one so adoption will probably be slow at start on perhaps not time-critical implementations at first.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Alright, I'll help out here.

First, these slides are generated by Intel's "competitive analysis" group.  They're written for salespeople @ Intel to be able to have better awareness, they're not written for people with an engineering or technical background so that's why the language is more casual.  Of course it's going to sound like it's shitting on the competition because that's what it's for.  It also wasn't originally written for public release it's just getting repurposed.

Second, all of the information presented is accurate.  It wouldn't get past legal for a public release if it wasn't.  So it's best to actually pay attention to the bulletpoints so you don't look like a dumbass saying "hurr durrr moar cores moar better".  There's a lot of other factors brought up that are relevant if you're in the datacenter environment and doing more with your system than running cinebench.

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

This reminds me of Asus and Gigabyte going at each other, with these slides

Asus-Deceiving-its-Customers-On-Motherbo

,7-N-102659-3.jpg

P5Q_3.PNG

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

19 minutes ago, Sauron said:

Let's not exaggerate, they still have a vast lead in marketshare and enterprise clients can't alway just switch platform completely every time something new comes out. Intel will be just fine. Hopefully however this puts a big dent in their marketshare, big enough for AMD to invest in R&D and stay competitive.

My comment was a complete mockery, I refuse to use /s because it ruins the surprise.

I am one of the few who has actually compared the net worth of tech companies.

SPOILER

Spoiler

AMD would have to multiply it's entire worth by about 10 to even touch intel.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Intel is like a Huntsman Sniper who thinks they're good but really not, while AMD is a melee Medic just sneaking up on Intel because they don't know what they're doing. 

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 hours ago, tom_w141 said:

Ah man their Xeon beats a mainstream desktop cpu? Who'da guessed?

This is some seriously desperate marketing from Intel xD pretty devious

only if the mainstream deskrop CPU runs sevearly underclocked lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, AnonymousGuy said:

Alright, I'll help out here.

First, these slides are generated by Intel's "competitive analysis" group.  (1)They're written for salespeople @ Intel to be able to have better awareness, they're not written for people with an engineering or technical background so that's why the language is more casual.  Of course it's going to sound like it's shitting on the competition because that's what it's for.  It also wasn't originally written for public release it's just getting repurposed.

Second, (2)all of the information presented is accurate.  It wouldn't get past legal for a public release if it wasn't.  So it's best to actually pay attention to the bulletpoints so you don't look like a dumbass saying "hurr durrr moar cores moar better".  (3)There's a lot of other factors brought up that are relevant if you're in the datacenter environment and doing more with your system than running cinebench.

Point 1: Doesnt matter who its for, its being sold to people who know what they are looking for. Any company worth its salt trust its IT team when it comes to their backend. As an IT admin there are for sure CEOs that will let the slides talk, but most will take the word of their admin before the word of a sales person. 

Point 2: it is accurate but completely irrelevant for the use case. Intel is comparing their apple to amd's orange. Any IT team knows this. We also know that Ryzen is a server chip scaled down to the desktop, not the other way around like intel suggest.

Point 3: No theres not. The only place intel wins is in compression. But when Im buying a 24 core chip from AMD for the price of an 8 core chip from Intel, then that advantage disappears. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

Point 3: No theres not. The only place intel wins is in compression. But when Im buying a 24 core chip from AMD for the price of an 8 core chip from Intel, then that advantage disappears. 

You're hurr-durr-ing.  That "cheaper" 24 core chip gets expensive if you all of the sudden have to pay for 24 cores worth of licensing on your enterprise software.  Then that 8 core with the performance of an equivalent AMD 12 core starts to sound like a lot better of a deal.

Or you spent millions having your software devs optimize and validate on IA.  It's not going to be worth the hardware cost savings to switch to AMD.  Hell in a lot of shops the hardware cost doesn't even matter because it gets recovered so quickly.  You lose money by not having the fastest thing in your rack.

Ryzen isn't a server chip.  If it was it would be able to support more than 2S configuration and wouldn't have a ridiculous number of NUMA domains and asterisks on getting consistent performance out of it.  "oh lets just hope our software vendors optimize for a rookie platform with zero marketshare".

Not even going in to the fact that AMD doesn't even have an ecosystem right now either hardware or software.

If you're an IT admin of a tiny business < 100 people I'm sure you can probably make the argument that Epyc is worth the risk.  Everyone else is going to stay with Intel even if it isn't the best price / performance. 

Workstation:  14700nonk || Asus Z790 ProArt Creator || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || Crucial Pro Overclocking 32GB @ 5600 || Corsair AX1600i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)