[update2]Razer laptop prototypes stolen at CES

Bsmith
9 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

LOL

There is much worse out there then stealing electronics, like CEOs exploiting their staff.

CEOs are sociopaths anyway.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Honestly, I think it would be a pretty hard sell and a huge liability if any other company where to get it or accidentally use similar innovations. Maybe they'll end up overseas or some "person" will just enjoy having a prototype mouse for awhile. 

Seeing a few videos (which I skimmed over), I'm going to say all the thieves stole was a Razer Blade with two extra Razer Blade screens tacked on it and probably some smoke and mirrors running the show like most other trade show prototypes. Meaning the screens most likely don't fold in.

So... it sucks, but not really jelly of the thief for having the thing.

5 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

Or they just hid it away and this is just clever marketing to make some Razer noise.

Well probably not but ...

like said before, that would be the worst PR possible in the long-term, practice's like that can kill a company, not something razer plans on doing.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

boooo hooooo

oh booo hooo hoooo hooo

i feel so bad for them

its not like theyve been ripping off consumers for years and its not like these two things are completely unoriginal

but i bet they have a fucking patent for them like the greedy pricks they are even though a tripple screen laptop isnt anything new and that projector crap is simply an idea that anyone could have come up since its so simple.

13 hours ago, Jamtoad said:

or someone's reverse engineering 

Thermaltake....

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

What if i told you that, this was all but a distraction for something even greater than just two Razer prototypes?

maxresdefault.jpg (1280×720)

Groomlake Authority

1 hour ago, HughMungusCynicalAnarch said:

boooo hooooo

oh booo hooo hoooo hooo

i feel so bad for them

its not like theyve been ripping off consumers for years and its not like these two things are completely unoriginal

but i bet they have a fucking patent for them like the greedy pricks they are even though a tripple screen laptop isnt anything new and that projector crap is simply an idea that anyone could have come up since its so simple.

The projector thing was already thought of by microsoft long before the xbox one even released, as a special thing for the new kinect. It didn't go anywhere though probably because it wasn't a good idea and still isn't a good idea due to motion sickness and how low quality a projection would be.

Its the 3 screen laptops.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

so not one but two triple screen laptops were stolen

both are worth a total of 25K :o

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Little update:

“This note is to confirm that two Razer Project Valerie laptop prototypes were stolen from the Razer booth at CES. The product was taken from the Razer press room at approximately 4 p.m. on Sunday, January 8, 2017. A $25,000 reward is being offered for original information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of a criminal suspect. Razer, in its sole discretion, will decide who is entitled to a reward and in what amount. Razer may pay only a portion of the maximum reward offered. The decision will be based primarily upon law enforcement's evaluation of the value of the information provided. When there are multiple claimants, the reward will be shared in amounts determined by Razer. Razer associates are not eligible for the reward. This reward offer is good for one year from the date it is first offered, unless extended by Razer. Information about the theft can be sent to legal@razerzone.com. Razer will not publicly disclose material that it receives or details about respondents, except to those persons with whom Razer is directly working to resolve this matter or as may be required by law.”

Sauce: http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14211496/razer-prototype-theft-ces

Let the games begin!

in seriousness, I feel bad for the employees who were responsible for the product.  It's easy to lose track of product and personal gear at busy conventions like that.  I would absolutely have had survellience in the booth, but it may have well been sniped during transport.

34 minutes ago, elkenrod said:

Let the games begin!

in seriousness, I feel bad for the employees who were responsible for the product.  It's easy to lose track of product and personal gear at busy conventions like that.  I would absolutely have had survellience in the booth, but it may have well been sniped during transport.

the simple kensington lock may deter would be thieves into taking away the laptop unless this was a spare unit in bags which was taken away.

each unit cost Razer 12.5k based on the value quoted by the Police.

check CCTV footage will take hours since there is so much human traffic going in and out of the booths.

Those thieves will be long gone by the time the police ID the suspects

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's Linus!! He pretended he dropped it and casually slipped it into his razer backpack!!

/s

15 hours ago, Gali said:

Not calling 'bs', but do we have concrete sources yet?

The CEO Himself...

Don't forget to @me / quote me for a reply =]

5 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Stuff has been stolen at EVO as well. Atlus' PS-Vita with pre-build games were taken. 

If i were them i wouldnt warn them about tracking. Let them use it then knock on their door:

swat-entry-2.jpg

10 hours ago, LunaP0n3 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

6 hours ago, mosin40 said:

thanks for informing.

5 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

Stuff has been stolen at EVO as well. Atlus' PS-Vita with pre-build games were taken.

-snip-

That tweet is from 2015, pretty outdated and probably solved already

15 hours ago, Gali said:

Not calling 'bs', but do we have concrete sources yet?

Just added new source's into the OP which state what has been stolen.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

21 hours ago, Dash Lambda said:

How can something that isn't a product flop?

Something that didn't interest people as much as they thought it would?

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Something that didn't interest people as much as they thought it would?

Wasn't the point of it to gauge people's interest?

If it were a finished product that they were releasing and nobody cared, I'd call it a flop, but it's not a product...

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Could be someone who played a lot of PayDay 2 stealth and decided to go real life style. :)