[update2]Razer laptop prototypes stolen at CES

Bsmith

Just for reference maybe add to the first post? 

https://www.cnet.com/news/razer-prototypes-stolen-ces-2017/#ftag=CAD590a51e

"Two of our prototypes were stolen from our booth at CES today," Tan wrote in a Facebook post. "We have filed the necessary reports and are currently working with the show management as well as law enforcement to address this issue."

The exec has not dismissed this being a case of industrial espionage. "We treat theft/larceny, and if relevant to this case, industrial espionage, very seriously -- it is cheating, and cheating doesn't sit well with us," he wrote.

Tan didn't specify exactly what combination of devices were stolen. Razer was contacted but did not immediately respond.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

They'll get caught, mass amounts of security on site and most likely CCTV. They'd have to if they had that much expensive equipment on site.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

be492b46bcd4726d2b37f54ffdf6c3ed.jpg

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'm just waiting for someone to post the prototype in the "show your setup" megathread... 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

10 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I'm just waiting for someone to post the prototype in the "show your setup" megathread... 

oor you know, show off your latest purchase :ph34r:

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

I was looking forward to this hitting the shelves in the near future, guess that is not going to happen now any time soon.

2 minutes ago, General_Snuss said:

I was looking forward to this hitting the shelves in the near future, guess that is not going to happen now any time soon.

it wasn't going to happen quickly anyway I guess since both products are more the "proof of concept" type of thing then actual working devices, the difference between those is that proof of concept shows that it is possible but is allowed to have flaws, while a working prototype is close to the final product.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

i got the impression that it wasnt even working anyway so stealing it was pointless

I lurk a lot

So many cool things at CES and someone steals Razor shit.

I will never understand criminals.

2 hours ago, MegaDave91 said:

Losing faith in humanity on a daily basis.

LOL

There is much worse out there then stealing electronics, like CEOs exploiting their staff.

2 hours ago, TehStranger said:

scum.

Your avatar perfectly represents Min-Lian Tang's reaction when he was told about the stealing :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Theresa  mass amounts of security there and CCTV. They will not get away with this..

Any updates ?

surely they must have been smart enough to put gps senders inside the units..

3 hours ago, Kierax said:

Surely stealing from CES is about as intelligent as taking a dump on your mother in laws brand new designer white sofa?

I feel like the latter of those two things would likely be more satisfying than stealing from CES, because you'd go to jail for the former.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

I feel like the latter of those two things would likely be more satisfying than stealing from CES, because you'd go to jail for the former.

smeaaring shit on a white expensive sofa? nah, id rather have a useless tripple screen laptop that is so easy to identify that i couldnt ever use it.

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

1 hour ago, General_Snuss said:

What do you mean? I'm sure they have many many models and have every dimension saved somewhere. They're a big company, not a hs student's science fair project

Aren't the hinges and stuff on project Valarie just decorative? 'Cause I'm pretty sure they'd have to walk off with both peripheral displays still unfolded.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

Please excuse my stupidness. I cannot tell the difference Razer and Ryzen.... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

7 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Out of all the good products they choose to steal an AMD system...

/s

Neither prototype had AMD hardware.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

Just now, AluminiumTech said:

Read my post again. :P I edited. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

9 minutes ago, Abdul201588 said:

Please excuse my stupidness. I cannot tell the difference Razer and Rayzen.... 

2 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

Tiredness strikes again!

idk