EA Pre-Order culture evolved: now with no games

suicidalfranco

picard-facepalm.jpg

"Is the frog boiled yet?"

Something i always want to ask every time I see companies go out of their way in their pre-order tactics. Today's offender is EA, no surprise there, so what are the bonuses you can get now by buying a game before it's release without even knowing if it's going to be good or bad and what game are we talking about here? 

The game is Andromeda, the bonuses are, pretty standard as you'd expect by now, a deluxe edition for 70$, a super deluxe edition for 100$, a nomad die cast collector's edition for 100$ and a nomad RC vehicle bundle collector's edition for 200$.

"All seem pretty standard there Suicidal, what are you raving about there?"

Did i forget to mention that on the last two the game is not included? Exactly, on both nomad packs you get all the digital goodies you want but no game to use it on, EA redefining "collector's edition".

For the Mass Effect fan you are looking at an expense of 300$ if you want all the goodies WITH a game to play it on (Super Deluxe Edition + Nomad RC Vehicle bundle).

What a wonderful time to be a gamer :dry:

source: http://dispatches.cheatcc.com/2637

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

1 minute ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

Why...

You need to support the developerz man /s

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

... This is a joke, right?

Someone at EA is trying to make a point about pre-ordering culture, right?

No one could possibly be this greedy, and consumers couldn't possibly be stupid enough to fall for it, right?

... right?

Just now, Questycasos said:

... This is a joke, right?

Someone at EA is trying to make a point about pre-ordering culture, right?

No one could possibly be this greedy, and consumers couldn't possibly be stupid enough to fall for it, right?

... right?

in before another record profit year

We laugh, but people somewhere are paying for this shit

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

4 minutes ago, zMeul said:

oh .. so you haven't heard of the aprox 1/2 mil Final Fantasy AUDI, also no game attached

yeah but that's a real sports car that got it's price jacked up for no good reason but still a real life car that you actually get to drive. Not 200$ worth of digital goodies that doesn't even come with the you'll use it on and can't be applied on other games 

My last Pre-Order was No Man's Sky. I learned my lesson finally. No matter how hype I am for Andromeda (AAA NEW MASS EFFECT AAA) I'm not pre-ordering it.

It sounds bad cause it's digital, but as far back as the 90s I remember people selling things like Strategy guides that were completely independent from the game itself and where also useless without the game which was a separate purchase.

Oh right but this is EA and we hate them, Yeah!!! FUCK EA!!!! #NOTMYPRESIDENT!!!! Oh shit, wait wrong pointless outrage there for a while, let's get back on topic, FUCK EAAAAAAA!!!!!

-------

Current Rig

-------

So it's now bad......if I want the collectors items, but don't really care for the game,... or want to wait until after reviews/people are all over it....

Then this is good..... right?

Why is this a bad idea.... I don't WANT to pre-order the game, but want the goods....

There are many collectables I'd buy if I didn't have to buy the non-wanted included game.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

WTF is every ones issue? the last 2 things are collectors editions.....as long as the product, in this case a figure and a RC car, are worth the money who cares......sometimes i think people like to jump on the band wagon

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

6 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

So it's now bad......if I want the collectors items, but don't really care for the game,... or want to wait until after reviews/people are all over it....

Then this is good..... right?

Why is this a bad idea.... I don't WANT to pre-order the game, but want the goods....

There are many collectables I'd buy if I didn't have to buy the non-wanted included game.

how many collectibles come without the game, pls do tell me 

1 minute ago, jaggysnake57 said:

WTF is every ones issue? the last 2 things are collectors editions.....as long as the product, in this case a figure and a RC car, are worth the money who cares......sometimes i think people like to jump on the band wagon

collectors edition that doesn't even come with the game, last time i checked "collector" edition stuff include a goodie, a MC figurine, and the game

3 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

how many collectibles come without the game, pls do tell me 

If we're counting franchises that are popular in videogames as well as other media (i.e. Star Wars) literally Billions of dollars worth.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's not like Mass Effect games already haven't been some of the most expensive games out there with their gazillion DLCs. I own most of them.

1 hour ago, zMeul said:

oh .. so you haven't heard of the aprox 1/2 mil Final Fantasy AUDI, also no game attached

Anyone who signs up for the lottery probably already has Ultimate CE or doesn't care about the game. The car looks so good though. 1:1 as in Kingsglaive. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

collectors edition that doesn't even come with the game, last time i checked "collector" edition stuff include a goodie, a MC figurine, and the game

why should it?.......more to the point why should you complain over it? i mean its not like they are hiding the fact it dosnt come with a game.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

I pre-order games if I really want it and has some goodies that comes with it. Most important is to do lots of research on it before doing so. Last game I pre-order was Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition. has all the goodies it says so in their ad as well as the game.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

The naming on it is a bit silly since it implies that it's a version of the game, but this is still a non-issue. It's a limited edition collectible for the game. That's all. Do you people bitch when expensive collectibles with movies don't come with the movie itself?

Just now, Derangel said:

The naming on it is a bit silly since it implies that it's a version of the game, but this is still a non-issue. It's a limited edition collectible for the game. That's all. Do you people bitch when expensive collectibles with movies don't come with the movie itself?

This means we have to spend even more money than we already are to actually get the game. Collector's editions are already expensive as they are, and then the game itself is $60 on top of that.

If people buy a collector's edition of something, they expect it to come with the thing it's a collector's edition of. Simple as that.

No one knows how high quality the models are for the higher edition sets. So it technically could be worth that much extra money. 

Such early speculation... (seems to be the trend here on the forums lately.)

No one says that you have to buy the statue in order to have the game.

Spoiler

Just now, Daring said:

This means we have to spend even more money than we already are to actually get the game. Collector's editions are already expensive as they are, and then the game itself is $60 on top of that.

If people buy a collector's edition of something, they expect it to come with the thing it's a collector's edition of. Simple as that.

Yes, it's a collector's edition of the Nomad. Their naming could be better, but if you buy it without actually doing the basic research of reading the bloody product page that's on you.

2 minutes ago, Derangel said:

Yes, it's a collector's edition of the Nomad. Their naming could be better, but if you buy it without actually doing the basic research of reading the bloody product page that's on you.

You seem to be expecting people to actually pay attention to what they're buying. Which isn't gonna happen.