EA Pre-Order culture evolved: now with no games

suicidalfranco

Someone needs to redo the mona lisa gaming chart to reflect these new discoveries. On another note, this would've never happened if gamers would stop throwing a ton of money at publishers almost as soon as a game is announced. 

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

Just now, Scruffy90 said:

Someone needs to redo the mona lisa gaming chart to reflect these new discoveries. On another note, this would've never happened if gamers would stop throwing a ton of money at publishers almost as soon as a game is announced. 

It wouldn't matter. They will still get the money anyway sooner or later. Don't want the game them don't get it. Want the game and like to pre-order for the special goodies, then go for it. No one has control, of what others want to do with their own money. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

1 hour ago, NumLock21 said:

It wouldn't matter. They will still get the money anyway sooner or later. Don't want the game them don't get it. Want the game and like to pre-order for the special goodies, then go for it. No one has control, of what others want to do with their own money. 

It would matter because first month sales and preorder sales have a big effect on their finances. There is a reason companies are pushing these types of sales so heavily (DLC is another matter). It's guaranteed money with nothing to show and you're screwed whether or not the product is good or works.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

8 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

My last Pre-Order was No Man's Sky. I learned my lesson finally. No matter how hype I am for Andromeda (AAA NEW MASS EFFECT AAA) I'm not pre-ordering it.

Congratulations on your Ascension!

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

SO if you want to pre order the presitge or delux edition you get ingame pre-order ''rewards'' and some irl overpriced merch that will sell for even more on ebay but not the game, then you have to pre order the game to use those ingame ''rewards''and you get some of those in game pre-order ''rewards'' again.

EA, if this was a car it would be like getting the realy expensive optional sports pack with turbo and all the RICE that would come with it, but you wouldn't get the engine to use the car.

CPU:R7 5800X    Motherboard: asrock x470 taichi ultimate   RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws-V 2X16GB    GPU: Gigabyte GTX1080TI gaming oc 11g   Case: Corsair 600Q Storage: 1TB Samsung 870(boot), samsung 850evo 500GB, 2TB Corsair MX500, samsung 2TB 970 evo plus, WD 5TB black    PSU: Corsair AX860    CPU cooling: Corsair H105

i actually think this is a good think as a PC gamer were you often don´t even get the nice CEs. this way you have 1 CE for all platforms.

9 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

It sounds bad cause it's digital, but as far back as the 90s I remember people selling things like Strategy guides that were completely independent from the game itself and where also useless without the game which was a separate purchase.

Oh right but this is EA and we hate them, Yeah!!! FUCK EA!!!! #NOTMYPRESIDENT!!!! Oh shit, wait wrong pointless outrage there for a while, let's get back on topic, FUCK EAAAAAAA!!!!!

Yea but what strategy guide cost $70?

7 hours ago, bobhays said:

Yea but what strategy guide cost $70?

I said the problem is that it is digital and it's hard to put a price on artificial scarcity.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Why anyone expects Bioware NOT to churn out a steaming, overprized turd at this point is beyond me.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

Supply meets demand. If there are people silly enough paying €100 for the game never mind more then why not? I myself do my usual everyday stuff and once the game is out on G2A or CDKEYS for reasonable price - I will get it. If not - there's always Steam sale.

I get it people want their game on day 1 but paying that much is just pure madness. Is someone's life really that sad or boring to justify spending a ton of cash on game on day 1?

I don't play on-line games myself as I don't find it remotely interesting, maybe that's why I don't get it.

Only EA would do this 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

On 11/14/2016 at 8:49 AM, Misanthrope said:

It sounds bad cause it's digital, but as far back as the 90s I remember people selling things like Strategy guides that were completely independent from the game itself and where also useless without the game which was a separate purchase.

Oh right but this is EA and we hate them, Yeah!!! FUCK EA!!!! #NOTMYPRESIDENT!!!! Oh shit, wait wrong pointless outrage there for a while, let's get back on topic, FUCK EAAAAAAA!!!!!

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

I said the problem is that it is digital and it's hard to put a price on artificial scarcity.

What I got from your first post is that strategy guides and the new digital content are both being sold without the game to use them with and people are only mad because it's a digital item.

The problem isn't that it's digital or artificially scarce but that it simply costs too much. Even more than the game for the deluxe edition which is just add ons.

9 minutes ago, bobhays said:

What I got from your first post is that strategy guides and the new digital content are both being sold without the game to use them with and people are only mad because it's a digital item.

The problem isn't that it's digital or artificially scarce but that it simply costs too much. Even more than the game for the deluxe edition which is just add ons.

Being digital = not anywhere near as inherently value. That's basically me saying the same thing though in fairness to your point I didn't actually explained this. But items on a game, no matter how rare, are just less valuable than anything that's physical so yes it's far more expensive in value.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Being digital = not anywhere near as inherently value. That's basically me saying the same thing though in fairness to your point I didn't actually explained this. But items on a game, no matter how rare, are just less valuable than anything that's physical so yes it's far more expensive in value.

I agree the value of digital content is what you get out of it. It has no inherent value. The reason I misunderstood was because in the 2nd part of your 1st post I thought you were mocking people who were disappointed in this.