EA Pre-Order culture evolved: now with no games

suicidalfranco
1 minute ago, MilkJugg24 said:

No one knows how high quality the models are for the higher edition sets. So it technically could be worth that much extra money. 

Such early speculation... (seems to be the trend here on the forums lately.)

No one says that you have to buy the statue in order to have the game.

I'd suspect it will be roughly on par with those BB-8 and R2D2 phone controlled toys.

Just now, Daring said:

You seem to be expecting people to actually pay attention to what they're buying. Which isn't gonna happen.

I have no pity for stupid consumers.

23 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

how many collectibles come without the game, pls do tell me 

It's not the point of the discussion to care about... Sure, not many game companies do this.. but if they did. Why not?

CHOICE IS GOOD THO, the ability to do so.... thats what I'd like..

I don't like Dead Island, but wanted the collectable that came with it... certainly wasn't going to buy the whole collectors pack(+Price) to get one or two items.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Just now, Derangel said:

I have no pity for stupid consumers.

So you have no pity for a lot of people and parents trying to buy a game to make their kids happy without paying any attention to the game they're buying?

1 hour ago, stealth80 said:

We laugh, but people somewhere are paying for this shit

I think that the people paying for this are either filthy rich or just plain dumb.

Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.

13 minutes ago, Daring said:

So you have no pity for a lot of people and parents trying to buy a game to make their kids happy without paying any attention to the game they're buying?

It takes a few seconds to actually read a box or a product page.

Just now, Derangel said:

It takes a few seconds to actually read a box or a product page.

Most people don't do that, they see Video Game X and go "Oh, this is what I want!" and buy it.

Just now, Daring said:

Most people don't do that, they see Video Game X and go "Oh, this is what I want!" and buy it.

And then they end up with something they don't like or isn't what they actually wanted. It's called being a smart consumer. People are responsible for their own actions and their own stupidity.

Just now, Daring said:

So you speak for most people, where do I sign up to get this job?

Just now, Derangel said:

And then they end up with something they don't like or isn't what they actually wanted. It's called being a smart consumer. People are responsible for their own actions and their own stupidity.

Yup, that's how it goes.

Just now, IAEInferno said:

So you speak for most people, where do I sign up to get this job?

You know what I mean.

Just now, Daring said:

Yup, that's how it goes.

You know what I mean.

I see, you are a mind-reader then, how much will I need to pay you to teach me how to read minds?

I see, you are a mind-reader then, how much will I need to pay you to teach me how to read minds?

No.

Just now, Daring said:

No.

Hey, not gonna force you, but I bet you already read my mind about that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Hey, not gonna force you, but I bet you already read my mind about that ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

9_9

3 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

in before another record profit year

The best part is that dlc makes most of their money. Dunno which report was but it was less that 2 years old, the breakdown was that dlc made something like 45%-50% of the revenue and games sales did like around 27% and everything else was mobile games, while insane pre orders are getting more common the true cash maker is dlc.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

On a slightly related note: CheatCC is still a thing? Wow.

Desktop: i5-6600k w/ be quiet! Pure Rock cooler. | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 | ASRock Fatal1ty Z170 Gaming K4 mobo | Patriot Viper 16GB DDR4-3000 | 240GB Sandisk SSD | Corsair 500r Case (White) | HTC Vive!! | Shitty Insignia monitor

Peripherals: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | Sennheiser 558

Phone: Nexus 5x
Tablet: Amazon Fire tablet (2015)

The problem here is that they're treating it like a game bundle. They're calling it a "Mass Effect: Andromeda Collector's Edition" when it's actually merchandise for "Mass Effect: Andromeda." The name implies it's something that it's not.

Honestly, I don't think they're really being evil here because the model and the RC car aren't listed on the pre-order page next to the game versions, but with how much they cost could it really have hurt them to include a license for a digitally distributed game? I mean, they're pre-order bundles, it's not like anyone has the game yet anyway.

Seems like it would even be more advantageous to them to kick the price up ('cause EA), add the game, and list it next to the other versions as an "ultimate" or something so people would be more likely to buy it. Structuring the bundles this way just invites criticism that they should be trying to avoid.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

@suicidalfranco Are you sure it's an EA thing and not a bioware thing?  I thought all the DLC monies from the previous mass effect and dragon age games went through bioware (and bioware points), and not to EA.

42 minutes ago, MoonSpot said:

@suicidalfranco Are you sure it's an EA thing and not a bioware thing?  I thought all the DLC monies from the previous mass effect and dragon age games went through bioware (and bioware points), and not to EA.

EA is the publisher so i assume that this as more to do with EA than Bioware 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

4 hours ago, AlexGoesHigh said:

The best part is that dlc makes most of their money. Dunno which report was but it was less that 2 years old, the breakdown was that dlc made something like 45%-50% of the revenue and games sales did like around 27% and everything else was mobile games, while insane pre orders are getting more common the true cash maker is dlc.

are you sure it was DLCs? iirc microtransaction were the large share of EA's profits now 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

maxresdefault.jpg

(this psa bought to you by Total Biscuit) 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

8 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

are you sure it was DLCs? iirc microtransaction were the large share of EA's profits now 

Maybe, or it could be both, memory is flaky of that report, but it was either dlc or micro or EA flags both in the same category.

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Here in Denmark they also have a "Super Deluxe Edition", which costs about 20$ more than the "Deluxe Edition". What do you get for that money? 20 weekly multiplayer booster packs, for all your pay to win needs.

These prices are getting retarded. Not only did ME3 destroy the entire franchise with it's incomprehensibly moronic ending, but they try to restart it with overpriced crap? Your games are not worth that much EA. Fire your 1 billion middle management idiots, if your "game development" costs too much. Greedy frackers.

Comparatively, the collector's edition of ME3 (or ME2 for that matter), with steelbook, artbook, and all pre order bonuses, was a lot cheaper than this digital only crap. 

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

Mirror's Edge Catalyst collector's was sold without the game, and Gears of War 4 did the same thing. Pretty scummy, but not new. o:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |