President Donald J Trump

GBELILREESE
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

While we do occasionally allow threads about contentious things regarding politics and religion (reminder, LTT is a technology forum), they are solely allowed on the basis that they do not degrade into a mud slinging contest. This thread has become exceedingly off topic and toxic, and as a result it is now locked. 

3 minutes ago, Prysin said:

Gun's dont kill people.
Gun regulations doesnt kill people.

PEOPLE KILL PEOPLE.

I live in a country which has an extremely high gun density.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

i live in Norway

BUT, gun deaths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

^

The reason norway is so high on the list is because of Anders Behring Breivik's mass murder with a AK-47 in 2011... thus skewing the numbers wildly due to his sudden 60+ gun murders.

FYI, here is a list of gun murders for a few years

2014: 516
2013: 3
2012: 51619
2011: 7116
2010: 2
2009: 9
2008: 3
2007: 21624
2006: 1016
2005: 5
2004: 12
2003: 12
2002: 16
2001: 6
2000: 17
1999: 14
1998: 12
1997: 10
1996: 12
1995: 1130
1994: 7
1993: 14
1992: 12

DESPITE THIS. DESPITE BEING 10th in the world in terms of gun density.

we still have one of the lowest gun murder rates.

WHY IS THAT?

It is PURELY due to CULTURE AND MINDSET. In america, a gun is a empowerment, it is there to empower you. Its is your right to use it, it is your right to wield it. It is a constitutional entitlement. Without a gun, you aren't cool, you are weak and pathetic. Whilst here in norway, everyone CAN get a gun if you want to. Not hard. But it is a tool. A tool for hunting, a tool for sports. It is not a tool for empowerment. Thus, the number of gun related deaths are much lower.

Tl:DR we outlaw 'murica? I'm down. 

- snip-

6 minutes ago, Prysin said:

The issue with the US government - thus far - is that it does not fear its people. The people fear the federal government. Which is why the risk of religion having a huge impact on the gov. Because nobody in their right mind is willing to go up against the military might of the government in order to force the gov to correct themselves.

We have mostly the same issue here in Mexico. Though in fairness to our side, we have had government massacres as recently as 1968 and we strongly suspect of other government ordered killings very recently.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you guys have had recent massacres too but since it happened within the context of the American Indian Movement they're not as widely recognized as such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

We have mostly the same issue here in Mexico. Though in fairness to our side, we have had government massacres as recently as 1968 and we strongly suspect of other government ordered killings very recently.

EDIT: Come to think of it, you guys have had recent massacres too but since it happened within the context of the American Indian Movement they're not as widely recognized as such.

think you're confusing me with a murican. i live in Norway. the last massacre we had was ABB in 2011. As for gov sponsored massacres -> mostly affects wolves and bears, oh and the working class economy.

1 minute ago, Prysin said:

think you're confusing me with a murican. i live in Norway. the last massacre we had was ABB in 2011. As for gov sponsored massacres -> mostly affects wolves and bears, oh and the working class economy.

Yes I overlooked that since we were talking America, carry on.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 11/11/2016 at 1:55 PM, Misanthrope said:

snip

Oh yeah medicare needs to be factored predict costs, any way I gave up on this since I can't even find liberal sources that agree on price, regardless I just want to reduce money spent not add to it (both parties generally fail at this) and fyi if we ban for profit healthcare we'll likely crash our economy.

@SurvivorNVL Actually unless we are talking domestic economic policy I am not right wing, the only thing I believe that is on the far right spectrum is anti spending to balance the budget/remove dept and my push for state rights to outweigh federal rights in most non constitutional mandated areas. A good person to compare my views on is Rand Paul.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Oh yeah medicare needs to be factored predict costs, any way I gave up on this since I can't even find liberal sources that agree on price, anyway I just want to reduce money spent not add to it (both parties generally fail at this) and fyi if we ban for profit healthcare we'll likely crash our economy.

To clarify I didn't mean to suggest quit "cold turkey" on profit health care, I'm no Hugo Chavez after all things need to happen gradually and organically.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Come on guys. Don't get the thread locked by misbehaving like children. You can be better than that. Can we please go back to discussing this able-minded adults?

You have problems against Islam? Okay, present it better so that you are not immediately accused of being a bigot which in the end causes a huge shitstorm that gets the thread shut down. Don't like guns or do like guns? Same thing.

Anyways...

All of you people who think Trump is a bigot are just products of fearmongering and contextual manipulation. You are the same people who turn an eye and ear to Hillary outright calling black people "super predators" or less than 17 years ago, in 2000, that marriage was "between man and woman only" and who admitted several times that she has "Hillary's opinion" and "an opinion that aligns with the majority of her voters" (she says what she has to!). You are the same people who turn an eye and ear to Hillary Clinton lying over and over again from Benghazi to her email scandal, to corruption from spending millions of charity funds on personal trips, marriages, campaigns etc.

The fact is that Trump has fought for the little guy, the minority and women for decades. And before running for president that same media channels that twisted, lied and attacked Trump praised him highly for the amazing and thoughtful things he did and the "direct honesty" he possessed. The fact that their message changed in less than a year (2008 was when it happened) through the word of media should tell all of you on the left against Trump just how manipulated you were.  We now have those very news channels admitting to the bias and manipulation on live tv.

You only prove how ignorant you are of Trump the more you speak too, because the only thing you can say about him is a repeat directly from anti-Trump media sites. Someone who has campaigned for minorities rights, employed women etc just doesn't flip over into a racist etc in a year! Open your eyes!

There are Muslims, blacks, Hispanics and women who all voted for Trump because they believed in his vision (check out twitter and r/the_donald for proof). He and his supporters are not "racists, sexists, homophobic" or the like. We're not violent. We didn't protest against Obama winning twice, did we (though I voted for him in 2012 the message is the same)? The most anyone talked about (Texas) was seceding. And that was half baked. We didn't go out onto the streets and beat the living hell out of hundreds of people in waves of thousands upon thousands because democracy didn't go our way. We shrugged and said "next election".

So please educate yourself (for once away from the media!) and stop lying to yourself and others.

Instead though and through the DNC and Hillary Clinton, they encourage violence, data manipulation, fraudulent voting, lies etc etc. They have leaked emails talked about how to disrupt Trump rallies to cause problems. They have leaked footage of their employees talking about how to get mentally ill people to "fuck up shit" at his rallies. You have leaked emails discussing how best to twist Donald's words and spread it through their mouthpieces. Leaked emails! It isn't fake, it is authentic.

And most Americans, of all colors, religions, gender etc decided Hillary Clinton and her corruption was not what they wanted. Illegal immigrant voting or not. That's the decision the voters made.

And proof that at the time of winning Donald Trump had EV and PV.

(tell me if the link doesn't work please.)

The corruption is real and you logically cannot deny it any longer.

dbf.jpg

4 hours ago, Canada EH said:

Its your gun laws that made that happen.

Our gun laws are plenty fine. First of all criminals don't follow laws and if you think they do, you need a reality check. Second and lastly, the problem is that no one is enforcing the laws. If they did, mentally ill people or criminals would not be able to walk into a gun shop, walmart etc and buy a weapon. Our laws are fine.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Just now, Misanthrope said:

To clarify I didn't mean to suggest quit "cold turkey" on profit health care, I'm no Hugo Chavez after all things need to happen gradually and organically.

Yeah I should have guessed that but I often take things literal no biggie, trying to find out the affects of these potential changes is next to impossible until hindsight but I can say for sure Obama care failed so it does need to be replaced

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1 hour ago, Prysin said:

snip

Yep, the vast majority of gun related deaths in the US have to do with gang violence and gang violence is arguably the reason for numerous other issues in our country

2 hours ago, Prysin said:

Religion should be a way of life, not a way of governing.

In my opinion, it should be neither, but I'm not gonna oppose that onto other people. 

- snip-

1 hour ago, Albatross said:

Come on guys. Don't get the thread locked by misbehaving like children. You can be better than that. Can we please go back to discussing this able-minded adults?

Or if we're gonna be childish, let's do so in a more light hearted, shit posting way, like CC:

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Or if we're gonna be childish, let's do so in a more light hearted, shit posting way, like CC:

Loved it! That's the kind of stuff r/the_donald likes to post. hehe

How about this one? I love it so much. xD

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

My prediction for the next 4 years:

- US debt sky rockets due to his tax reductions.
- US foreign relations will reach an all time low.
- Military expenses even more bloated and useless than ever before.
- Veterans will not get better care. (Republicans have been blocking VA bills for                 decades.)
- Social programs will get even more cut.
- Middle class will shrink more and more.
- Healthcare will stay shitty.
- No fix for college debt and prices will rise even more.
- No TTIP/TTP (That can be a good thing depending on your industry.)
- War on drugs will become worse.
- Police force will not get even more militarized.
- Campaign finance will not be fix.
- Climate will get worse.
- Discrimination against minorities will rise be it religious, racial, or sexual orientation         related. 

Trump won't fix anything, half of his policies will wreck the middle class just based on the math and the few positive policies he does have go against GOP policy so they'll never make it through congress.
Trump is just George W. Bush on steroids I'm expecting another recession by the time he leaves office.

RTX2070OC 

Trump is not the typical Republican, so I don't know why you are comparing him to them? He's not a Fox conservative. His past shows he cares deeply for the police, the military and the minority. Basically all you are doing is promoting fear, baseless fear even.

Everyone thought Ronald Reagan would absolutely destroy the country. He didn't, even when the Liberals stomped their feet and destroyed property because things didn't go their way. Y'all could at least wait until he gives you a reason to think he isn't a good president. Damn.

3 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

This is my favorite @Albatross

I spit out my soda when he was announcing the states that voted for Trump. OH MY GOD THAT WAS GREAT! xD They thought they could speak for us and they all were wrong. I'm so proud, for the first time ever, to be Kentuckian. We were the first state that went red (almost entirely) for Mr. Trump. We were almost entirely unanimous. lol

People were pushing him to run for President for a very long time, even other celebrities and media outlets. Funny how quickly that changed when Hillary Clinton began to be groomed by Obama and Soros to run for POTUS. Then he was the bad guy.  And now media is sucking up to him. Pathetic.

Here's more:

8 hours ago, SurvivorNVL said:

Jews interbred with Europeans for generations and could live in European, modern society.  They're also one of the highest IQ-ethnic groups.  Apples to Potatoes.

Euuurhm.... Buuuuh Whaaaa...?  Who brought Jewish people into this...? o.O  Where did I say I'm descended from Jews...  Why would you think all European WWII refugees were Jewish?  Do you even understand how many European nations were occupied by the Germans in WWII?  ...Do you just think that everyone in Europe is Jewish? o.O

7 hours ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Go away little SJW.

When someone doesn't agree with your racist blanket statements of entire groups of people, call them an 'SJW' and then go back to saying 'Beheading' as many times as you canT!

That is the key word right there, could. Could be a lot of things.

Very rare, has there ever been a time?

On a few occasions, not all Republican Representatives are happy with Trump.

Not fond of Fox News, but this explains it a bit.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/voters-targeted-electoral-college-members-to-switch-their-trump-ballots-elect-clinton.html

Plus, another source on it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/03/17/if-no-one-else-stops-trump-the-electoral-college-still-can-its-in-the-constitution/

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Proud of my country. Hillary belongs in prison and is just another corrupt establishment politician. Trump was our best option. The fact that the U.S. electorate saw right through the flat-out false accusations of sexism, racism etc, is just fantastic. The media lost. The establishment lost. Freedom won.

Just now, valdyrgramr said:

Both are terrible options, imo.  Hillary clearly can't be trusted, and Trump isn't even taken the presidency seriously.  He doesn't even want to be in the White House full time and lot of his wants won't happen.  I saw no good option this election.

I can definitely see and even partly sympathize with your position; however I voted for Trump and at this point I have no regrets. That may change during his term, but for now I am hopeful.

I'd also like to add that I am baffled by people who use 'SJW' as some kind of 'Prime Insult'.  Every time I hear someone on the internet cry 'SJW' all I can visualize is an angry 13yo kid typing angrily from their parents basement.  It's an insult with no real effect but it's become such a 'go to' if only because it's 'trendy'. o.O

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

I'd also like to add that I am baffled by people who use 'SJW' as some kind of 'Prime Insult'.  Every time I hear someone on the internet cry 'SJW' all I can visualize is an angry 13yo kid typing angrily from their parents basement.  It's an insult with no real effect but it's become such a 'go to' if only because it's 'trendy'. o.O

I haven't seen you make a point yet, just play tennis with words. Do you actually have any value to add to the discussion?

26 minutes ago, CantThinkOfAUserName said:

Has nothing to do with their race and everything to do with their culture. SJW's love to scream racism at people with differing views. Why you libtards would let anyone in who's culture is to kill people of different sexualities is beyond me. Never mind the human violations these people commit in their own countries. Fact they marry and fuck kids in their culture, hence why kids were also being raped and molested in the EU by them. These are facts you tell me how we can vette out the rapists and pedophiles and gay killers. Yeah it's kinda hard to do that when they swarm in. Also someone said earlier "if they want to assimilate" see their culture and religion is built off of dominating others (just ask their women). These people don't like Western ideas they will never assimilate. Stop trying to comparing them to Hispanic people coming into our country. Hispanics love America and it's people and assimilate Muslims have a culture of hate for anyone who isn't Muslim. Not only that but we don't need their uneducated masses storming our gates looking for handouts we have enough poor uneducated people we need to take care of in this country before we take in more. Please find the RACISM in my words you SJW

It's amazing how it's only other cultures that do things like that, though, right?  Rape and molest people, or be pedophiles or kill homosexuals.  Americans would never do those things, right?  It's just those nasty Muslims that do things like that.

3 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

Both are terrible options, imo.  Hillary clearly can't be trusted, and Trump isn't even taken the presidency seriously.  He doesn't even want to be in the White House full time and lot of his wants won't happen.  I saw no good option this election.

climate change denial will follow through quite easily