President Donald J Trump

GBELILREESE
Go to solution Solved by Blade of Grass,

While we do occasionally allow threads about contentious things regarding politics and religion (reminder, LTT is a technology forum), they are solely allowed on the basis that they do not degrade into a mud slinging contest. This thread has become exceedingly off topic and toxic, and as a result it is now locked. 

17 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

$619 billion- defense budget 2013 (bigger than 2014)

$3.0 trillion-Healthcare cost given 2014 pricing  <<<gimme a fucking break

And that was caused by increased cost due to Obamacare as pricing spiked following its implementation and continues to increase more rapidly than prior to it.

Let's try this:

The ACA is like the crew on The Walking Dead.  The private healthcare insurance companies, and supporting government, are like Negan's crew.  The ACA tried to make progress to a better system that did not reward the middleman but failed.  The private insurance companies then took a fucking bat to your heads.  Some of those that survive blame Rick's crew for trying to stop Negan.

I did not realize how willing a portion of population to get/stay on their knees... oh wait... I did.

Just now, stconquest said:

snip

I know nothing about the walking dead

But I'll concede to 1.2 trillion if we use Canada's cost per citizen or ~ to a trillion if we use more middle cost approaches (though we like canada have large spread in population)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

1) I corrected my math

2) Where do you factor in the 600 billion you already spend on medicare?

I can concede that 2 has nothing to do with the military budget but if you get some of that back by banning for profit healthcare and you control your miltiary spending, it does at up to up to a trillion that you need.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 09/11/2016 at 9:34 AM, Atmos said:

Now if only brexit was actually destructive and not actually have already allowed the UK to make strives towards a more successful state.

It heavily damaged the value of the pound, caused many companies to contemplate moving their base of operations to outside of the UK, already having an impact on the influx of foreign students studying in the UK, already having an impact on science funding confidence if not actual levels quite yet.

And all of that before Article 50 has even been invoked.

How has it allowed us to make strides towards being a more successful state? We've traded a position of relative power and authority within a strong union of allied countries for having a tiny bit more control over our own countries - most of the power we sought to get from leaving the EU is power we already have, it's just that our Government haven't wielded it properly. At the very least Brexit has divided the United Kingdom into two very clear sides - Scotland and Northern Ireland who strongly want to remain in the EU, and Wales and England who want to leave.

I see no positives having come from Brexit yet, and I doubt we'll be seeing any soon.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

10 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

I know nothing about the walking dead

But I'll concede to 1.2 trillion if we use Canada's cost per citizen or ~ to a trillion if we use more middle cost approaches (though we like canada have large spread in population)

1 Trillion for nationwide coverage, is that reasonable to you?  

Why is needlessly handing billions upon billions of dollars to private corporations such an easy pill to swallow?

15 minutes ago, Whiskers said:

We've traded a position of relative power and authority within a strong union of allied countries

No the EU consistently voted against British decisions and had the ability to overrule and impose laws against the will of the British population. In fact the opposite of what you're claiming here was truth: you where at the mercy of other EU members.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I hope all this speculation about possible cabinet members doesn't turn out to be a reality. Just one of many that worries me is Ben Carson as Secretary of Education, same person who believes the earth is ~6,000 years old and evolution is fake. It's speculation for now but let's hope at least smart people are picked.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Misanthrope said:

No the EU consistently voted against British decisions and had the ability to overrule and impose laws against the will of the British population. In fact the opposite of what you're claiming here was truth: you where at the mercy of other EU members.

Could you provide examples of this? I've heard this accusation multiple times and have yet to see an example of it.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

I have come to a conclusion.

This is all useless.

Arguments back and forth.

Your voices are not being heard.

So its a puff out your chest and look at me syndrome.

On 11/10/2016 at 6:33 PM, Canada EH said:

How many of the so called protestors are only there for some action in their life?

I bet quite a few. The are lemmings and follow the crowd, with the few instigators mixed in to keep the flow going.

Has this ever happened before in the history of the USA? Not that I can recall.

I hope they all have dispersed and everyday the crowds will get smaller and smaller, until they realize nothing they do will change things and they have to go back to work flipping burgers, making sandwiches, mopping floors, driving uber taxi, eating their gluton free & non GMO food, driving their EV's (Oh wait they still driving gas gusslers).

America has become a joke. I bet Putin and Kim Jung ill and leaders of Pakistan and India are laughing.

Genuine question: is it okay that the now-president-elect tried to incite protests after Obama won by suggesting people "march on Washington"? He thought that losing the popular vote should be reason for a revolution. Also, I doubt anyone would think that the Boston Tea Party protest was a group of people with nothing better to do with their time.

Cw_ZAyKWQAAQ94O.jpg

7 minutes ago, Quinnbeast said:

Genuine question: is it okay that the now-president-elect tried to incite protests after Obama won by suggesting people "march on Washington"? He thought that losing the popular vote should be reason for a revolution. Also, I doubt anyone would think that the Boston Tea Party protest was a group of people with nothing better to do with their time.

He is just trolling.  Republicans are some of the worst losers in the modern world; stompin' their feet and holding their breath when people won't accept their ideologies.

Trump is a massive "SJW"  =D  <<<I am not fucking kidding whackos.

Everything's painted black and white in this country. That's why we are so divided. It's hilarious, like a wrestling match.

the liberals are Hulk Hogan in his yellow and red panties, charging down the aisle to the tune of 'Real American', with a message of training, vitamins, and prayers (before those were deemed offensive)

conservatives are Andre the Giant. 7' tall, unbeatable, pure evil.

A Hillary win means Hogan defied all the odds and slammed the giant. A Trump win means the world title changed hands over a chair shot while the referee was knocked unconscious.

You can't make an assumption about someone as a person based on a point of view about 1 topic.. lol

2 hours ago, stconquest said:

worst losers in the modern world

Looks to me like the Democraps are.

(No I did not misspell that) :)

If Hillary won the election, Trump supporters would have done the exact same thing as the Democraps are doing now.

2 hours ago, Canada EH said:

I have come to a conclusion.

This is all useless.

Arguments back and forth.

Your voices are not being heard.

So its a puff out your chest and look at me syndrome.

Stick to this please.  You are projecting.  Your posts are useless, so everyone's now are.  Save us from some of your artistic cancer and stop posting here.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

12 hours ago, Praesi said:

The Handjob Dance is killing me ?

drugs and EDM a powerful concoction

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

On 11/9/2016 at 1:33 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

People are really blowing out of proportion how bad Trump is.

Pretty amusing.

We have nothing to go off of yet on how bad he is, for all we know he could end up being a great president that really does all the things he says he wants to do with ending corruption in washington etc, and for all we know he could do jack shit.

He's already said he's going to turn down the presidential salary, which is a start. He also talked about giving congress "term limits" which should of happened 230141234 years ago.

I think the media and Hillary's campaign really did a great job smashing his character to bits, making him seem like he's the anti-christ lol.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

On 11/10/2016 at 4:24 PM, samcool55 said:

Ooh it's the one from the triggered meme! :D

And oh my god it's 12 minutes long, i can't handle that good god...

Anyway if the average SJW is like that, i'm not that surprised anymore so many people are protesting.

Also, flippin hilarious! At least she isn't the new president :P

A lot of blabla but that's about it. Also, is she still alive? Not a troll question btw, i can't imagine something like that surviving long in an area where people have guns.

I really don't know anything about her, I think she may be referred to as Chanty Binx or something like that.

Lol, I think the worst that happens to SJW's in America is internet ridicule, so I think it's a safe assumption that she hasn't been murdered.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

I'm a little despot short and stout.

As long as he doesn't die. As bad as Trump is, Mike Pence's version of Sharia Law is terrifying.

1 hour ago, Lays said:

I think the media and Hillary's campaign really did a great job smashing his character to bits, making him seem like he's the anti-christ lol.

All they did was show videos of him talking... It's not their fault that what he said was pure horse-shit 100% of the time.

It's certainly an irony that the man who was complaining about having the system rigged against him won the election despite having a minority of the votes..

Side note: in the last hour I have seen both Donald Trump and George W Bush unironically referred to as "SJWs". It's pretty clear that the term doesn't fucking mean anything any more.

7 minutes ago, othertomperson said:

I'm a little despot short and stout.

As long as he doesn't die. As bad as Trump is, Mike Pence's version of Sharia Law is terrifying.

All they did was show videos of him talking... It's not their fault that what he said was pure horse-shit 100% of the time.

It's certainly an irony that the man who was complaining about having the system rigged against him won the election despite having a minority of the votes.

I wouldn't call it a "minority" they practically tied, she barely had more popular votes in the grand scheme of things.  The reason the electoral college even exists is so that a few cities & states don't decide the ENTIRE election.  I was referring to the "racist, bigot, sexist" crap that people seem to be throwing around, despite not having much actual sustenance behind it.  The only "sexist" thing I heard was his "locker room talk" with another guy when they were talking about women behind closed doors.  I don't know many men that haven't talked like that at least once in their lives.  

Not sure where the racist thing came from, the only thing I can think of is that he wants to get rid of a lot of illegal immigrants, which I'm not sure how that's racist. 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

22 minutes ago, Lays said:

I wouldn't call it a "minority" they practically tied, she barely had more popular votes in the grand scheme of things.  The reason the electoral college even exists is so that a few cities & states don't decide the ENTIRE election.  I was referring to the "racist, bigot, sexist" crap that people seem to be throwing around, despite not having much actual sustenance behind it.  The only "sexist" thing I heard was his "locker room talk" with another guy when they were talking about women behind closed doors.  I don't know many men that haven't talked like that at least once in their lives.  

Not sure where the racist thing came from, the only thing I can think of is that he wants to get rid of a lot of illegal immigrants, which I'm not sure how that's racist. 

Bigotry

:  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

There is so much footage... uhmmm...

I'm wishing everyday now that his win was a dream.

My Current Rig:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO GPU: ASUS STRIX OC 1070 Motherboard: MSI Z170-A Gaming M5 Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 8GB DDR4-2400 Storage: A-Data Premier 240GB SSD/Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM Case: NZXT S340 PSU: Corsair RM750i Monitors: Acer R240HY/ Dell S2716DG

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xwcjLD

2 minutes ago, stconquest said:

Bigotry

:  a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially :  one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot

There is so much footage... uhmmm...

>Trump incites violence

"We're not allowed to punch back anymore" seems pretty true IMO.  So many people get away with things nowadays that probably shouldn't.

Sorry nothing in that video seems like he's going out and telling people to go beat the shit out of people or something like that lol.