Mafia 3 appears to be locked to 30 fps on PC

SteveGrabowski0

Too bad, i was thinking about getting it since i was a huge fan of Mafia and Mafia 2. Guess i'll go grab 50% off Dying Light instead.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

But I'm not paying $60 for 30 fps. I didn't build a $1000+ pc to be running games at XBox One level framerates. What a joke, fuck this game.

Because of 1 game you're being such a little bitch. I bet your "1000$" PC wasn't made because you felt like you had to spend that much to play Mafia 3 alone.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

2 minutes ago, Arokhantos said:

I just got a 165 hz monitor and 60 hz 60 fps already feels like the new 30 fps and now this, oke then another game that i will never buy then :D

Yeah. I went to a LAN party a little while back, was playing some Rocket League, and my friend wanted to try my 100Hz Ultrawide... So I went to play on his system for a minute and was like.. "Dude. Your game is running really choppy." 

Turns out it was pinned at 60fps.

18 minutes ago, xAcid9 said:

Too bad, i was thinking about getting it since i was a huge fan of Mafia and Mafia 2. Guess i'll go grab 50% off Dying Light instead.

Dying Light is an amazing game, but you gotta get the full version with The Following. The Following has the true ending for the game.

45 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

*retard gif snipped*

Because of 1 game you're being such a little bitch. I bet your "1000$" PC wasn't made because you felt like you had to spend that much to play Mafia 3 alone.

no one wants to play games at 30 fps if they don't buy cheap shit for their system.

15 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Dying Light is an amazing game, but you gotta get the full version with The Following. The Following has the true ending for the game.

Yes, that's what i'm getting, Dying Light : The Following Enhanced Edition. -50%
There is no vanilla Dying Light on Steam anymore. xD

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Just now, xAcid9 said:

Yes, that's what i'm getting, Dying Light : The Following Enhanced Edition. -50%
There is no vanilla Dying Light on Steam anymore. xD

It was my favorite game of 2015. It starts off really slowly but once you level up a bit it's a lot of fun slicing zombies' heads off with sickles and swords and such or throwing them into spike traps with moves straight out of Mexican wrestling.

6 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The 50% off is for Dying Light Enhanced Edition, includes all expansions. Didn't realize it was on sale, just picked it up myself.

CPU i5-4690K(OC to 4.4Ghz) CPU Cooler NZXT Kraken x41 Motherboard MSI Z97 Gaming 5 Memory G.Skillz Ripjaws X 16gb 2133 Video Card MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X           Case NZXT H440 Power Supply XFX XTR 750W Modular Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250gb/Seagate Barracuda 2TB Monitor Acer XB270HU G-Sync http://pcpartpicker.com/b/3CkTwP

1 hour ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Looks like it might be another POS port like Arkham Knight was at launch. This is so disappointing, as I was a huge fan of the first game and was really looking forward to this. But I'm not paying $60 for 30 fps. I didn't build a $1000+ pc to be running games at XBox One level framerates. What a joke, fuck this game.

yeah, kinda sucks knowing you could build a 500$ AMD FX systems to "max out" games like these....

when will those fucking devs learn that PC is about "freedom". Im all for capped FPS in consoles to guarantee a butter smooth experience. 30 FPS isnt bad if everyone else plays at 30 FPS too. But its not cool on PC.

1 minute ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

It was my favorite game of 2015. It starts off really slowly but once you level up a bit it's a lot of fun slicing zombies' heads off with sickles and swords and such or throwing them into spike traps with moves straight out of Mexican wrestling.

All I did was missile drop kick all day....

vipwgfmxpxn5jfyyhoae.gif

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

LOL recommending an i7-3770 and a GTX 1060 for this bullshit

Indicative of just how well optimized it is. lol

3 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

LOL at Joker's rant on this piece of shit

~snip~

Wow. This really shows how un-professional Joker is...

Releases a whole video losing his mind over something that isn't even confirmed yet...

It came from ONE source... who wasn't even supposed to be able to play/review it yet.. and before Nvidia had actually released the drivers...

Joker, how about we calm down a little bit and wait the couple hours for release to see if it's true?

3 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Releases a whole video losing his mind over something that isn't even confirmed yet...

It came from ONE source... who wasn't even supposed to be able to play/review it yet.. and before Nvidia had actually released the drivers...

Joker, how about we calm down a little bit and wait the couple hours for release to see if it's true?

The game has already released elsewhere though, like in New Zealand, Australia, and so on where it's already October 7th, and people who have been playing it on Steam are reporting a hard 30 fps cap. If you look at the Steam reviews they're from people who have been playing it already.

1 hour ago, dragosudeki said:

Also, you can't really compare 30fps lock to the Batman AK port. Arkham Knight was just broken without effort. An 30fps lock is ruining the game intentionally.

I never noticed a framerate lock on AK at release, because it never got over 2 fps.

2 minutes ago, -BirdiE- said:

Perhaps you should stop acting so calm, and rage out a little more like any self respecting PC gamer.

Nvidia's latest game ready driver is out now. But even after updating the frame rate is still stuck at 30. I've also been searching for any files to tweak to uncap the FPS, but no luck so far. 

http://www.pcgamer.com/mafia-3-appears-to-be-locked-to-30fps-on-pc/

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The game has already released elsewhere though, like in New Zealand, Australia, and so on where it's already October 7th, and people who have been playing it on Steam are reporting a hard 30 fps cap. If you look at the Steam reviews they're from people who have been playing it already.

According to this, it's releasing at the same time for everyone... not a rolling release..

http://www.gamepur.com/news/24486-mafia-iii-exact-unlock-time-all-regions.html

I wonder if soon means before launch or sometime after. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up as sometime after.

3 minutes ago, Derangel said:

I wonder if soon means before launch or sometime after. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it ended up as sometime after.

I feel like a 60fps lock is still pretty annoying...

15 hours ago, -BirdiE- said:

It is confirmed. Both Nvidia and AMD already release driver for Mafia 3 which i don't know why since it's 30FPS locked.

15 hours ago, -BirdiE- said:

According to this, it's releasing at the same time for everyone... not a rolling release..

http://www.gamepur.com/news/24486-mafia-iii-exact-unlock-time-all-regions.html

Apparently it's rolling release. I can play the game instead of preload. Many reviews on Steam also came from Chinese/Korean gamers.

13 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

LOL recommending an i7-3770 and a GTX 1060 for this bullshit

Minimum and recommend specs are mostly made of BS and unicorn farts anyway.

I ran Doom on a single core. It was happy. I ran CoD:AW when it told me "your processor isn't good enough, do you still want to run it?" just fine at 60FPS.

As much as I loved the story in Mafia 2... so glad I've stopped preordering things...

Just now, xAcid9 said:

It is confirmed. Both Nvidia and AMD already release driver for Mafia 3 which i don't know why since it's 30FPS locked.

The drivers are out now. They weren't the PC Gamer review was done.

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

pparently it's rolling release. I can play the game instead or preload. Many reviews on Steam also came from Chinese/Korean.

If we can confirm people are playing it, and that it's locked to 30fps, then that changes my stance.

30 fps lock at launch confirmed by the publisher. But they're claiming they'll release a patch later on to overcome the 30 fps lock.

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/

A message to our PC players
10/6/2016

We know how important having options that best suit your PC’s performance capabilities are. The team has been hard at work ensuring that Mafia III’s performance is consistent across all platforms, and right now the game runs at a solid 30 frames-per-second. We are currently working on an update for PC that will give players the option to play Mafia III at higher framerates. We’ll share more details about the update, and when you can expect it to arrive, very soon. In the meantime, the team welcomes feedback and would like to hear from you about what performance adjustment options are important to you. We’re actively considering a number of additional post-launch improvements on PC that would give players more control over how they can tailor the game’s experience to suit their rig’s performance. It’s been an incredible journey developing Mafia III and we couldn’t be more excited to get the game in your hands and hear what you think!

Hopefully this means a decent patch within a week or two and not months later like with Arkham Knight.