Mafia 3 appears to be locked to 30 fps on PC

SteveGrabowski0
6 hours ago, Dabombinable said:

That's an example of a lazy/shitty demo. Which never happened with Diablo 1&2, and quake ii. And it should actually be easier for devs to make demos than it used to be, since they have had plenty of practice with DLC (they just need to cut the majority of the game out).

a solid demo woudl stop alot of piracy. being able to test multiplayer would be awsome. how many people will buy BF1 because of the beta?

id love to see some figures on games like doom after it got cracked.

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

2 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

a solid demo woudl stop alot of piracy. being able to test multiplayer would be awsome. how many people will buy BF1 because of the beta?

id love to see some figures on games like doom after it got cracked.

One game like that was BF1942, with the demo being only for multiplayer because that's all the campaign was-multiplayer maps.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

22 hours ago, Syfes said:

The only reason left for pirating software in my opinion, is plain and simple theft.

want to know why i pirate games still...today i purchased gears of war 4. loved the others and was really looking forward to playing this one......so i looked at all the reviews and vidoes.....like you said, came to the conclusion that it was worth dropping the money on given that there was early access to the game for several days now. paid for the game, installed it and guess what, i dosnt run on insider versions of windows 10. wont even start.........money down the drain. that is why i pirate still to avoid bullshit like this!

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

24 minutes ago, jaggysnake57 said:

want to know why i pirate games still...today i purchased gears of war 4. loved the others and was really looking forward to playing this one......so i looked at all the reviews and vidoes.....like you said, came to the conclusion that it was worth dropping the money on given that there was early access to the game for several days now. paid for the game, installed it and guess what, i dosnt run on insider versions of windows 10. wont even start.........money down the drain. that is why i pirate still to avoid bullshit like this!

Refund it then. It's not down the drain because you have refunding.

To anyone here who is pro pirating for testing a game I say refunding is a thing now.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

25 minutes ago, cesrai said:

Refund it then. It's not down the drain because you have refunding.

To anyone here who is pro pirating for testing a game I say refunding is a thing now.

true its not down the drain but lets see, spend all morning talking to ms support jumping through hoops for 4 hours to get the refund then wait a week for the money to go back into my account or dl try it find its not working unistall walk away .......yeah ok then

I saw Joker's video on it, seems to need a 1070 and dropping reflection quality to achieve solid 60 FPS at 1080p, but it's playable even on the 480 and 1060. Also CPU intensive even more than other open world games like GTA V

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Also CPU intensive even more than other open world games like GTA V

RIP.

My Athlon, as usual, will bottleneck my 280X so much that it will hurt...

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

RIP.

Yeah what Joker showed is that a 6600k was not that much of a bottleneck but pegged at 100% or near it most of the time so an Athlon is not gonna cut it most likely.

-------

Current Rig

-------

42 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

RIP.

So now it's ok to complain about performance?

2 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

So now it's ok to complain about performance?

IDK What you want, but I don't feel triggering you once again.

8 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

IDK What you want, but I don't feel triggering you once again.

You got butthurt when I complained about performance and now you are son.

28 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You got butthurt when I complained about performance and now you are son.

lmao

I think you got it all wrong xD

I WISH OP WOULD UPDATE THIS WITH THE PATCH NEWS THAT FIXED THE 30FPS CAP!!!!!

7 minutes ago, corsairian said:

I WISH OP WOULD UPDATE THIS WITH THE PATCH NEWS THAT FIXED THE 30FPS CAP!!!!!

I updated the original post

2 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I updated the original post

Thank you kind sir. My 1070 averages right around ~50 at stock.

Just now, corsairian said:

Thank you kind sir. My 1070 averages right around ~50 usually mid 50s.

Fucking horrible, though I guess now we have some ammo when people say the GTX 1070 isn't a 1080p gpu lol.

5 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Fucking horrible, though I guess now we have some ammo when people say the GTX 1070 isn't a 1080p gpu lol.

Lol, yeah. I don't get all the hate with Mafia 3. I have ~30hours sunk into it and I have not had any performance issues, or any of the bugs people are talking about. All I've had is 1 crash and that's it. Great game btw.

8 minutes ago, corsairian said:

Lol, yeah. I don't get all the hate with Mafia 3. I have ~30hours sunk into it and I have not had any performance issues, or any of the bugs people are talking about. All I've had is 1 crash and that's it. Great game btw.

I think the game is ugly AF. I can't believe having to drop to 1080p low with a gpu that cost $330 only six months ago to get a good framerate. I get that my 970 isn't going to do 1080p ultra at 60 fps in every game anymore but having it perform like a GTX 660 is too far. I was fine turning a couple of settings to medium while leaving most at high in Rise of the Tomb Raider because that is an unbelievable beautiful game and I'm glad they made it so people with R9 Fury, 980 Ti, 1070, 1080, etc can get graphics that are even more spectacular. But Mafia III almost looks like an XBox 360 game to me. I hope it ends up like Arkham Knight which ended up being a really solid port a year later, then I'll buy the game and play it (as I have read the storyline is top notch).

14 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I think the game is ugly AF. I can't believe having to drop to 1080p low with a gpu that cost $330 only six months ago to get a good framerate. I get that my 970 isn't going to do 1080p ultra at 60 fps in every game anymore but having it perform like a GTX 660 is too far. I was fine turning a couple of settings to medium while leaving most at high in Rise of the Tomb Raider because that is an unbelievable beautiful game and I'm glad they made it so people with R9 Fury, 980 Ti, 1070, 1080, etc can get graphics that are even more spectacular. But Mafia III almost looks like an XBox 360 game to me. I hope it ends up like Arkham Knight which ended up being a really solid port a year later, then I'll buy the game and play it (as I have read the storyline is top notch).

I agree with you on the graphics. I don't find them that bad, compared to Mafia 2 the graphics are way better, but compared to other games now (Battlefield 1 and others) I would agree. It could be polished quite a bit more.

The story is great so far and the game feels like a more complete version of Mafia 2 (more things to do, map feels larger, more control). 

I lied, I did have one other issue with Mafia 3. It would NOT run after the launcher, the game would just close after I hit play. I reinstalled and installed new graphic drivers and nothing helped. I fixed it by uninstalling all of the 'Microsoft  Visual C++ redistributable' and reinstalling it with version '14.0.23026' Worked fine afterwards.