Call me jealous, rude, ignorant, whatever. I don't thinks it's fair.

TommyTwommy

I'm not any of those in the title. I have a decent gpu, and I'll get my own money if I want a new one. I just wanted to say I think it is stupid that anyone could participate in the giveaway. So some random people just signed up on the forums to enter the giveaway & they will probably never use those accounts again unless there's another giveaway. I'd be much happier if someone who is here for a long time and really posts stuff around here to be able to participate in the giveaway. Lets say at least here for a month, or at least has 100 posts. But you just filled up your database with tons of account that are probably dead from this moment when the winners were announced. Please don't get this wrong. If you do whatever. I just think it's wrong. Am I sorry I didn't win of course I am lol. But I'm not sad because someone else won it or that he didn't deserve it. I'm fine with that. Congratz to the winners. And pls pls pls don't take it wrong I just hope you get what I'm saying here.

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

17 minutes ago, berny22 said:

-snip-

yeah I get it too, I mean I don't post much but I've been watching LMG videos for the last 4 years. It kind of suck when I see 600 pages of post from accounts with 1 post and that where created for that soul reason. But congratz to the winners. I just whish they would do a giveaway for the hardcore'er fans that DON'T have a twitter account so that way I could enter :)

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

OLD Laptop: Dell Latitude E6410 with i5 520m and Nvidia NVS 310

Laptop's: Dell precision m2800 i7 4610m with amd firepro w4170m

other laptop Asus.

26 minutes ago, berny22 said:

I'm not any of those in the title. I have a decent gpu, and I'll get my own money if I want a new one. I just wanted to say I think it is stupid that anyone could participate in the giveaway. So some random people just signed up on the forums to enter the giveaway & they will probably never use those accounts again unless there's another giveaway. I'd be much happier if someone who is here for a long time and really posts stuff around here to be able to participate in the giveaway. Lets say at least here for a month, or at least has 100 posts. But you just filled up your database with tons of account that are probably dead from this moment when the winners were announced. Please don't get this wrong. If you do whatever. I just think it's wrong. Am I sorry I didn't win of course I am lol. But I'm not sad because someone else won it or that he didn't deserve it. I'm fine with that. Congratz to the winners. And pls pls pls don't take it wrong I just hope you get what I'm saying here.

I watched Linus' videos for a long time, and he has done giveaways right on his channel videos. I think that would be better as it wouldn't fill the forums up with dead accounts but it also helps with bots not winning the prize.

Y'all are newbies. 

Their giveaway, their rules. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, GreenAsteroid said:

I watched Linus' videos for a long time, and he has done giveaways right on his channel videos. I think that would be better as it wouldn't fill the forums up with dead accounts but it also helps with bots not winning the prize.

yea but then you have those people that search on youtube for giveaway videos

[NEW System] (CPU) i7-4790k (mobo) ASUS maximins V (GPU) AMD R9 380x (CPU cooling) Corsair h100 (PSU) EVGA 800w (Monitor's) LG 32" ultrawide @ 75hz and a Asus 27" IPS logitech g602 mouse

[OLD System] (CPU) amd athlon x4 760k@ 4.4ghz/ (mobo) MSI FM2-A55M-E33/ (GPU) Gigabyte windforce 7870 / (CPU cooling) Corsair h100/ (PSU) Corsair CX 430w/ (monitor) dell 1980x1080@60hz 21"/ a logitech keyboard and mouse. Phone: Samsung S5  Galaxy s10e .

other laptop Asus.

You think giveaways aren't fair, wait until you try to buy a house here in Vancouver, where LMG resides. Money laundering from China and greedy developers have turned this place into an out of control market.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

The community isn't just who happens to be active on LTT. Everyone who watches the videos, follows on any of the social media, anything contributes to the success of LMG. They have just as much right to it as you or anyone else does.

Plus if even 1% of those who signed up end up being permanent members that's some nice extra activity.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

5 minutes ago, Elite14 said:

yea but then you have those people that search on youtube for giveaway videos

Okay, then why did they make the giveaway public on YouTube then? They could just as easily announced the giveaway on the forum. 

4 minutes ago, GreenAsteroid said:

Okay, then why did they make the giveaway public on YouTube then?

Because they wanted to.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

3 minutes ago, Centurius said:

The community isn't just who happens to be active on LTT. Everyone who watches the videos, follows on any of the social media, anything contributes to the success of LMG. They have just as much right to it as you or anyone else does.

Plus if even 1% of those who signed up end up being permanent members that's some nice extra activity.

2 minutes ago, GreenAsteroid said:

Okay, then why did they make the giveaway public on YouTube then? They could just as easily announced the giveaway on the forum. 

Yeah...... I didn't think of that, you both make good points, I retract my statement. This is why I don't post much on this form, I'll wined up not thinking through it and post something I shouldn't have.

other laptop Asus.

Last person that won was a 1 time poster who just signed up for a account and disappeared.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

3 minutes ago, Elite14 said:

Yeah...... I didn't think of that, you both make good points, I retract my statement. This is why I don't post much on this form, I'll wined up not thinking through it and post something I shouldn't have.

It happens to everyone. I just think and read over what I say before I press the submit reply button. This works well in school too. :)

12 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

I've got almost a year on you newbie :P 

Geezer fight! Geezer fight! Geezer fight! Geezer fight! :D

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

1 hour ago, berny22 said:

I would look at it this way:

LinusTechTips channel has 2.8 million subscribers.

Videos often average well over 400,000 views. There are currently 330,050 members on the forums.

That means that there are literally hundreds of thousands of members of the overall LMG Community that don't use the forums.

Linus has always been very clear, since the first giveaways, from time yonder, that giveaways are for any member of the community. You don't need a certain post count, or a history with the forums, or anything.

I'm okay with that.

Yes, it's annoying when I don't win a contest. And yes, it stings a little when the winner has 1 post count, created a week ago. But those people who watch his videos but don't bother to use the forums are just as much part of the community as I am.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

I would look at it this way:

LinusTechTips channel has 2.8 million subscribers.

Videos often average well over 400,000 views. There are currently 330,050 members on the forums.

That means that there are literally hundreds of thousands of members of the overall LMG Community that don't use the forums.

Linus has always been very clear, since the first giveaways, from time yonder, that giveaways are for any member of the community. You don't need a certain post count, or a history with the forums, or anything.

I'm okay with that.

Yes, it's annoying when I don't win a contest. And yes, it stings a little when the winner has 1 post count, created a week ago. But those people who watch his videos but don't bother to use the forums are just as much part of the community as I am.

Huh, I envy you for being able to look at it that way :D

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

8 hours ago, berny22 said:

Huh, I envy you for being able to look at it that way :D

Thats really the point though, its not a FORUM giveaway, its a giveaway from the YouTube channel, it just happens to be using the forum as its entering method

If they used an independent system for picking the winner, you would not feel the way you do

Just forget that its on the forum, its just a tool to allow people to enter - also maybe 10% of those people will stick around and grow the forum 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

10 hours ago, Elite14 said:

Nah. You didn't post anything like that. At least this thread is nothing like that. 

I think that in life we are allowed to have such feeling as jealous, or thinking that life is unfair. 

It is just that you dun let it control you. You can get upset for a while. Then move on. I get it when you said the more contributing member should get the giveaway. At least they earned it. I get it.  In life same things is happening everyday. Sometimes you worked really hard for a long time, then your friends are the one who get a huge rewards. I think we all have the right to be upset, but don't forget to work harder after that. Just think that how many people are born with disease, and couldn't even get up from bed. Your mind will be blown away if you go to hospital to do a social research. Did they do anything wrong? Nope. Do they have friends like we do? I am afraid not. You get the point I am saying?  

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

Theres a few problems with doing giveaways like that.

If you first off try to make it so only people with 500 posts or more can enter, then you just get flooded biblically with people trying to wrack up that post count, posting nothing of real value. That would just make the forum hell, and the lives of the mods who have to deal with it all even worse.

If you then implement a rule that only people who've been on the forums for a specific amount of time can enter, then you aren't bringing in new people. These giveaways are so solid, because they give a MASSIVE amount of traffic to the pages, and the handles of the guys involved, boosting their stats and basically giving out massive marketing space for almost no significant cost.

The only way these kinds of giveaways would work would be if they had regular, like monthly giveaways for people on the forums who've been on the forums for a specific amount of time. That at least would mean that people can join, and have the prospect of winning since its done on a regular basis. However, that in and of itself would only bring in tiny numbers when compared to the sometimes overwhelming crowds that the standard giveaways bring in.

I get where you're coming from, I'd love to see something like monthly forum veteran giveaways; but the cost and work that would go into that, and the return from it, just doesn't make it worth their time as a business; and at the end of the day, that's what LMG is.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

14 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Y'all are newbies. 

Their giveaway, their rules. 

I'm kind of disappointed this didn't come from someone with 2 posts xD

A lot of people are fans and don't care about the forums.  They're still fans.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

5 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

A lot of people are fans and don't care about the forums.  They're still fans.

Maybe some of them are not and are people who just saw the video "GIVEAWAY"

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

I'm sure that once the amount of inactive accounts rises to a level where it affects the cost or difficulty of running the forum, then the problem will be addressed.

ENCRYPTION IS NOT A CRIME