Call me jealous, rude, ignorant, whatever. I don't thinks it's fair.

TommyTwommy
Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

Im just giving you shit man. ;)

So am I noob :D

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

I know of a member of the forum that has well over 3,000 posts and only has a post count of 6 so I would not do anything with post count its a useless number really.

15 hours ago, Kase said:

I've been watching LMG videos for years and never even knew there was a forum until now..

Same here, I'm watching LTT since 2012, and I found about the forums accidentally when I was googling some tech question last year.

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

I only have an account on the forums for the purpose of entering giveaways. Nevertheless, I am an active member of the LTT community. I just prefer Youtube comments over the forum.

1 minute ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

You prefer the youtube comments as opposed to this?...

Yeah, Youtube comments are just more convenient: You finish watching the video, scroll down and thats it. Discussing stuff on the forums requires you to sign in every time if you use Google.

You know what isn't fair? Getting a concussion at workbeing blamed for said concussion by family and work, them saying it's not a big deal, being out of work for two weeks unpaid and then having no recourse to get any compensation for that missed pay period &(we are talkinh 500-600 fillers here)

The only bright side is that I don't have any medical bills and I don't have many bills but man that puts me in the whole. 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

On 7/27/2016 at 5:51 PM, Elite14 said:

yeah I get it too, I mean I don't post much but I've been watching LMG videos for the last 4 years. It kind of suck when I see 600 pages of post from accounts with 1 post and that where created for that soul reason. But congratz to the winners. I just whish they would do a giveaway for the hardcore'er fans that DON'T have a twitter account so that way I could enter :)

I'm with you, but oh well.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

On 7/28/2016 at 3:02 AM, ShadowCaptain said:

Thats really the point though, its not a FORUM giveaway, its a giveaway from the YouTube channel, it just happens to be using the forum as its entering method

If they used an independent system for picking the winner, you would not feel the way you do

Just forget that its on the forum, its just a tool to allow people to enter - also maybe 10% of those people will stick around and grow the forum 

I think that maybe after the Feenix giveaway maybe they should use something like Gleam.io because I think that it kind of then removes the feeling of not being cared about by us long timers. My best guess is that another 1 post account will likely win the Feenix giveaway.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

On Friday, July 29, 2016 at 0:16 PM, berny22 said:

Same here, I'm watching LTT since 2012, and I found about the forums accidentally when I was googling some tech question last year.

So do you not watch to the end of every video? Because at the end of every freaking video they say to join the forum and then point in some direction

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

On 28/07/2016 at 0:01 AM, dalekphalm said:

I would look at it this way:

LinusTechTips channel has 2.8 million subscribers.

Videos often average well over 400,000 views. There are currently 330,050 members on the forums.

That means that there are literally hundreds of thousands of members of the overall LMG Community that don't use the forums.

Linus has always been very clear, since the first giveaways, from time yonder, that giveaways are for any member of the community. You don't need a certain post count, or a history with the forums, or anything.

I'm okay with that.

Yes, it's annoying when I don't win a contest. And yes, it stings a little when the winner has 1 post count, created a week ago. But those people who watch his videos but don't bother to use the forums are just as much part of the community as I am.

Just because someone is subscribed it doesnt make them part of the LMG community. I'm probably subscribed to over 200 channels but I can name less than 10 I actually watch.

On 31.7.2016 at 0:45 AM, ScootsMcgoots said:

You prefer the youtube comments as opposed to this?...

Also known as masochism.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

We all know Linus is quite famous when computing is the answer.

But most of his fans also don't sign up for the forum, because what If Linus videoes can provide them with the answer they need?

Sure I haven't posted a lot, because I just started getting active in the forum, looking around in the community as well.

But If Linus can get more activity on his site by annoucing they have to sign up, some of them will probably stick, some wont.

Bad luck for them who leaves.

Sorry for this bad englisg + grammar.

3 hours ago, Overkilled said:

Just because someone is subscribed it doesnt make them part of the LMG community. I'm probably subscribed to over 200 channels but I can name less than 10 I actually watch.

And being a member of this forum doesn't make you a part of the LMG community either.

I guarantee that there are plenty of people who came to this forum through Google (probably searching for an answer to a problem), and have never heard of Linus, or watched any of his videos.

As I specifically stated with empirical data to back it up, the forum has ~330,000 members (including inactive accounts). His videos regularly get average views of over 400,000 - some even as high as 850,000, but lets go with the 400,000 number.

That means there are at least 70,000 members of the LMG community that simply don't give a shit about the forums, or maybe simply have no need to join the forums (or the occasional one that somehow misses every LTT forum shoutout).

Now obviously not every one of those 70,000 views are going to be the same recurring person, but considering he REGULARLY gets more views on LTT than forum members exist, it's clear that there are more members of the community - more fans - then exist on the forums.

As for people who subscribe to "hundreds of channels" but only watch like 10, like yourself? What are you doing? Unsub those channels if you don't watch em. I used to subscribe to a ton as well, but it's super god damn annoying to have to sort through the Subscription Feed when I'm skipping 90% of the content there. My rule of thumb is that if I skip every video you put out, you get cut from my feed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

And being a member of this forum doesn't make you a part of the LMG community either.

I guarantee that there are plenty of people who came to this forum through Google (probably searching for an answer to a problem), and have never heard of Linus, or watched any of his videos.

As I specifically stated with empirical data to back it up, the forum has ~330,000 members (including inactive accounts). His videos regularly get average views of over 400,000 - some even as high as 850,000, but lets go with the 400,000 number.

That means there are at least 70,000 members of the LMG community that simply don't give a shit about the forums, or maybe simply have no need to join the forums (or the occasional one that somehow misses every LTT forum shoutout).

Now obviously not every one of those 70,000 views are going to be the same recurring person, but considering he REGULARLY gets more views on LTT than forum members exist, it's clear that there are more members of the community - more fans - then exist on the forums.

As for people who subscribe to "hundreds of channels" but only watch like 10, like yourself? What are you doing? Unsub those channels if you don't watch em. I used to subscribe to a ton as well, but it's super god damn annoying to have to sort through the Subscription Feed when I'm skipping 90% of the content there. My rule of thumb is that if I skip every video you put out, you get cut from my feed.

I had a shitton of channels that I was subscribed to as well, but then I removed them all and subscribed to like 20 that I really watch :D

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

supporting LTT isn't just about posting on the forum. I have been posting alot more the last 2 or 3 months, but I was watching their youtube videos for many months before I ever decided to give the forum a chance.

I see no issues with people who follow their channel to pop on the forums once in awhile for a chance to win something.

If someone isn't a dedicated LMG watcher/fan, I'd agree.

However, I don't think its fair that just because someone isnt active on the forum they therefor shouldn't be able to participate in the giveaways, even if they watch every single video from every channel from LMG that is released.

I'm apparently a lot like many of the people here: I watched the videos for months before coming here and registering - and I didn't just register to enter a competition. The problem with any public competition is that you're always going to have people registering just to enter that competition and never visiting the forum ever again (their loss). That will always happen, and the only way to stop it happening is to have closed competitions to people that have a minimum number of posts or only know a super-secret piece of information about Linus that only long-term forum users will know or be able to find.

Problem is that whoever is supplying the prizes will often stipulate that the competition has to be open to all comers, so you're back to square one. Even from LMG's point of view, open competitions are a good thing: if even 1% of new registrations turn into regular forum viewers, that's more advertising revenue, which means that Linus & Co can carry on doing what they do.

On 7/31/2016 at 8:48 AM, gooogus said:

Yeah, Youtube comments are just more convenient: You finish watching the video, scroll down and thats it. Discussing stuff on the forums requires you to sign in every time if you use Google.

lol you do know that 90% of the time its mostly bullshit talk taking out from their asses right?

lives on

BAKABT

Don't know what giveaway is going on but here's my 2 cents.

Giveaways are often not about rewarding active members but about attracting new ones. Looking at it from a business perspective, if Linus spends $300 on a GPU to give away but in turn receives $500 in newly added revenue (merch, ads, vessel or whatever it may be), that's a big win.

Spoiler

I've got the account here to get the giveaways, cause it would be fun to get some of this stuff :)

and i can't now afford such high end stuff for computers ^.^

But also i like reading the arguing here on the forum :D

(it's quite entertaining, cause the population of the trolls here is really low ^.^ and ppl manage to use arguments :D )

so now i'm just a leech ^.^ that is starting to get known this forum :)

(and 1 more thing, I'm still learning english, so I will be getting back to forum almost every day ^.^ )