Call me jealous, rude, ignorant, whatever. I don't thinks it's fair.

TommyTwommy
3 hours ago, berny22 said:

Maybe some of them are not and are people who just saw the video "GIVEAWAY"

I'm sure many are.  Some will stay though, and be new fans, and some will be new forum members too.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 minutes ago, RazerZ said:

That's life, this post will change nothing.

I didn't make this post to change anything. I just wanted to see what people think about it :)

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

Loads of people who watch the videos dont use these forums. No need to exclude them.

And what giveaway? Where do I sign up?

Linus is my fetish.

1 hour ago, Bhav said:

Loads of people who watch the videos dont use these forums. No need to exclude them.

And what giveaway? Where do I sign up?

It is over now, it was an AMD GPU giveaway, rx 460 & rx 470

CPU & COOLER - INTEL i9 12900K | NZXT KRAKEN X62

MBO - MSI Z690 EDGE

GPU - ASUS GEFORCE RTX 3080 TUF

RAM - 2x16GB KINGSTON FURY 3200MHZ

PSU - PHANTEKS REVOLT PRO 1000W 80 PLUS GOLD

SSD #1 - CORSAIR SN850 1TB

SSD #2 - CORSAIR SN850X 4TB

SSD #3 - INTEL 660p 2TB

CASE - PHANTEKS ECLIPSE P500A D-RGB

MOUSE #1 - LOGITECH G502 X Wireless

KEYBOARD - AKKO 5108B PLUS

SPEAKERS - SVS PB-1000 + 2x ADAM A3X

HEADSET #1 - SENNHEISER IE-300

HEADSET #2 - FOSTEX TR-X00 PURPLEHREART

AMP/DAC - MAYFLOWER ARC

OS - WINDOWS 10 PRO

DISPLAY 1 - LG OLED42C2

DISPLAY 2 - XIAOMI 2K GAMING

PHONE - SAMSUNG GALAXY S23+ 

More accounts=More activity=More ads being shown=More money for LMG

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

The giveaway benefits LMG a lot more than it benefits whoever wins.

-KuJoe

On 7/27/2016 at 6:00 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

Y'all are newbies. 

Their giveaway, their rules. 

Agreed.

That being said, I think there ought to be a rule for the forum, that applies even to user giveaways. Users should have at least 250 post or have been here for a month or more. Just enough to show that they're a real account and not just someone who's been here for a while, making an account to get more chances at winning.

There isn't a rule like that, so it doesn't matter. Just saying that there should be.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

On 7/27/2016 at 3:00 PM, Real_PhillBert said:

Y'all are newbies. 

Their giveaway, their rules. 

Who is talking?

anyway OP giveaway is for their viewer base not their forum user base

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

6 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Agreed.

That being said, I think there ought to be a rule for the forum, that applies even to user giveaways. Users should have at least 250 post or have been here for a month or more. Just enough to show that they're a real account and not just someone who's been here for a while, making an account to get more chances at winning.

There isn't a rule like that, so it doesn't matter. Just saying that there should be.

That rule would massively dis-incentivize new users from signing up. They would be discouraged, especially with big giveaways, since that says to them "We don't want you. We don't want new people."

FYI, duplicate accounts are probably already against the rules. If they suspect a new user account is actually another forum user attempting to get higher chances of winning, I'm sure both new and old accounts will be perma-banned.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

3 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

That rule would massively dis-incentivize new users from signing up. They would be discouraged, especially with big giveaways, since that says to them "We don't want you. We don't want new people."

FYI, duplicate accounts are probably already against the rules. If they suspect a new user account is actually another forum user attempting to get higher chances of winning, I'm sure both new and old accounts will be perma-banned.

Multiple accounts are against the rules. Doesn't stop them from happening (not even a little bit).

250 posts, or at least a month of activity, are not at all difficult to do. Although it could incentivise shitposting/spamming.

I just don't think it's right when you see an account with zero posts, made the same day as a giveaway, win a giveaway.

2 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Multiple accounts are against the rules. Doesn't stop them from happening (not even a little bit).

250 posts, or at least a month of activity, are not at all difficult to do. Although it could incentivise shitposting/spamming.

It will 100% incentivize shitposting, so people will reach the 250 post count in time for the giveaway.

The problem with having these prerequisites, is that any user who is not already a forum member (Eg: A die hard YT Fan), will either be unable to participate in the Giveaway (Because, lets say the draw will happen less than a month away), or they will be forced to spam a shit ton of stupid posts just to make the 250 post count.

In theory it sounds good, but it will bring way more issues then it solves. It will make the Mod Teams lives a living hell to deal with.

The point of Giveaways, is that they ARE NOT "Forum" giveaways, they are YouTube giveaways. Someone can be a part of the LTT community and a fan of LMG without being a forum member.

As I already calculated above, LTT has 2.8 Million Subs, and on average, gets well over 400,000 views on most videos. The forum only has 330,000 accounts (and that's counting all the inactives too). That means there are AT LEAST 70,000 active LMG fans who actively watch LTT content, who don't use the forums at all.

Who are we to not include them?

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 7/27/2016 at 4:29 PM, berny22 said:

I'm not any of those in the title. I have a decent gpu, and I'll get my own money if I want a new one. I just wanted to say I think it is stupid that anyone could participate in the giveaway. So some random people just signed up on the forums to enter the giveaway & they will probably never use those accounts again unless there's another giveaway. I'd be much happier if someone who is here for a long time and really posts stuff around here to be able to participate in the giveaway. Lets say at least here for a month, or at least has 100 posts. But you just filled up your database with tons of account that are probably dead from this moment when the winners were announced. Please don't get this wrong. If you do whatever. I just think it's wrong. Am I sorry I didn't win of course I am lol. But I'm not sad because someone else won it or that he didn't deserve it. I'm fine with that. Congratz to the winners. And pls pls pls don't take it wrong I just hope you get what I'm saying here.

So...not you anyway then.

/thread.

-------

Current Rig

-------

13 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

It will 100% incentivize shitposting, so people will reach the 250 post count in time for the giveaway.

The problem with having these prerequisites, is that any user who is not already a forum member (Eg: A die hard YT Fan), will either be unable to participate in the Giveaway (Because, lets say the draw will happen less than a month away), or they will be forced to spam a shit ton of stupid posts just to make the 250 post count.

In theory it sounds good, but it will bring way more issues then it solves. It will make the Mod Teams lives a living hell to deal with.

The point of Giveaways, is that they ARE NOT "Forum" giveaways, they are YouTube giveaways. Someone can be a part of the LTT community and a fan of LMG without being a forum member.

As I already calculated above, LTT has 2.8 Million Subs, and on average, gets well over 400,000 views on most videos. The forum only has 330,000 accounts (and that's counting all the inactives too). That means there are AT LEAST 70,000 active LMG fans who actively watch LTT content, who don't use the forums at all.

Who are we to not include them?

I was saying that there should be a prerequisite for forum giveaways. I should have specified user giveaways (not LMG giveaways)

There should be SOME kind of prerequisite. It's kind of unfair to long time forum members, and it's too easy for people to just make additional accounts to increase their chance of winning.

Anyone seeing an allegory here to voter ID laws? Maybe it's just me because I've been focusing so much on politics lately. I really need to stop paying attention to that shit as it just infuriates me lol

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

I was saying that there should be a prerequisite for forum giveaways. I should have specified user giveaways (not LMG giveaways)

There should be SOME kind of prerequisite. It's kind of unfair to long time forum members, and it's too easy for people to just make additional accounts to increase their chance of winning.

Anyone seeing an allegory here to voter ID laws? Maybe it's just me because I've been focusing so much on politics lately. I really need to stop paying attention to that shit as it just infuriates me lol

Oh, you mean a user decides to hold a private giveaway on the forums?

Well, as far as I'm aware, there are no rules in the Community Standards preventing the host of the giveaway from forming their own rules, such as post count, etc. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

But I know when I did Steam Key giveaways, I had a strict set of rules (Eg: Posting more than once would disqualify you, etc), and no one gave me any shit for making rules. Granted, I didn't have a minimum post count, but I don't see why you couldn't add that as your own personal rule.

I believe it is up to the host of the giveaway to make the rules. I strongly disagree with forcing rules upon them that they might not necessarily agree with.

5 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Oh, you mean a user decides to hold a private giveaway on the forums?

Well, as far as I'm aware, there are no rules in the Community Standards preventing the host of the giveaway from forming their own rules, such as post count, etc. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

But I know when I did Steam Key giveaways, I had a strict set of rules (Eg: Posting more than once would disqualify you, etc), and no one gave me any shit for making rules. Granted, I didn't have a minimum post count, but I don't see why you couldn't add that as your own personal rule.

I believe it is up to the host of the giveaway to make the rules. I strongly disagree with forcing rules upon them that they might not necessarily agree with.

You are correct, there are no requirements for user hosted giveaways. I'm saying that their should be. Although I haven't seen any users who've done hardware giveaways, that didn't have strict rules.

I actually think I won one of your steam giveaways. I know I've won one or two.

I need to do a hardware giveaway some time, but I'm saving what's currently in my rig, because a very good friend of mine is considering moving back from kommiefornia, and he asked me about building his own PC (specifically for web browsing), and I plan on trying to convert him to PC gaming. Considering giving him my 970 and a few good games.

99% of the people on here wouldn't want my 970 anyways. It's a STRIX (terrible at overclocking, although it is an early model with the super overclockable Samsung memory modules), and I smoke around it. So if you're a non smoker, it's going to fucking REEK. Despite it barely having any dust in it (EVER) because the fans almost never turn on.

Need to get me a 4790k and a new GPU lol (After I buy some high end headphones, and a high end portable music player this weekend.)

On 7/27/2016 at 3:05 PM, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

You think giveaways aren't fair, wait until you try to buy a house here in Vancouver, where LMG resides. Money laundering from China and greedy developers have turned this place into an out of control market.

Lol it is seriously out of control.

On 7/27/2016 at 2:29 PM, berny22 said:

I'm not any of those in the title. I have a decent gpu, and I'll get my own money if I want a new one. I just wanted to say I think it is stupid that anyone could participate in the giveaway. So some random people just signed up on the forums to enter the giveaway & they will probably never use those accounts again unless there's another giveaway. I'd be much happier if someone who is here for a long time and really posts stuff around here to be able to participate in the giveaway. Lets say at least here for a month, or at least has 100 posts. But you just filled up your database with tons of account that are probably dead from this moment when the winners were announced. Please don't get this wrong. If you do whatever. I just think it's wrong. Am I sorry I didn't win of course I am lol. But I'm not sad because someone else won it or that he didn't deserve it. I'm fine with that. Congratz to the winners. And pls pls pls don't take it wrong I just hope you get what I'm saying here.

I get it, trying to think how we'd even structure something like this though.

I've been watching LMG videos for years and never even knew there was a forum until now..

9 minutes ago, CPotter said:

I get it, trying to think how we'd even structure something like this though.

Good to see you guys are sitting up and taking notice.

At minimum, I would think that having a moderator "inspect" the account of a giveaway winner, would be enough to tell whether or not it's a duplicate account. Or like I said, "any account made the same day as the giveaway being announced" or "any account made, that has only ever posted in giveaways" etc.

Enough of an "inspection" to ensure that it's a real, authentic user and not just someone trying to get free shit, or increase their chance of getting free shit. Enough to ensure that it's someone who is actually apart of the community.

Specifically for forum giveaways. Youtube giveaways not included.

1 hour ago, thekeemo said:

Who is talking?

anyway OP giveaway is for their viewer base not their forum user base

I've been a member longer than you :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

I've been a member longer than you :P

all that matters is the post count hurr durr

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

1 minute ago, thekeemo said:

all that matters is the post count hurr durr

Quality > quantity :P

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

Quality > quantity :P

But quality is subjective so you cant compare it that way

Just now, thekeemo said:

But quality is subjective so you cant compare it that way

Im just giving you shit man. ;)