Radeon RX 480 Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

like committing to finishing several games in a row or something?

Or you mean seppuku? Or maybe a combination of both: suicide by giving yourself a stroke from trying to solve a really complex sudoku game.

If I have to explain the joke, it's not funny..

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Not so subtle for us knowledgeable nerd fans :)

Agreed on the marketing thing: the card that looks to have the better performance/Price point is overpriced and understocked and this looks like a bit of a meh option: I see no reason to get a 480 with a crap cooler over a 390 with an awesome Sapphire custom cooler even if it's 100 watts TDP more power I already have a PSU that can handle it.

Well atleast they dropped the prices a bit so people can buy older cards for cheap. But i'm pretty sure they were hoping to sell new ones haha.

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

That's still not great. Remember the reference 970 and 980 are 1178 and 1216mhz in the benchmarks. And those do 1500 easily aswell. Those are already 100mhz higher in comparison. My 980 even does 1570...

Tell me, do you see reference 970/980s doing those? No, only the really lucky people who got a near-perfect GPU.

Ye ole' train

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

If I have to explain the joke, it's not funny..

That's why I made another one, though maybe not very funny but oh well you can't win all the time right?

-------

Current Rig

-------

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

WTF!?!?!

untitled-1.png

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

2 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Tell me, do you see reference 970/980s doing those? No, only the really lucky people who got a near-perfect GPU.

He was talking about non-reference cards doing 1480-1600. Not sure why you're bringing up reference.

And 1570 no, but 1500 almost all of the non-reference models do.

1 minute ago, A/C said:

WTF!?!?!

untitled-1.png

Calculated = educated guess, wouldn't put too much stock on it. That's why you should prefer the overall system usage instead.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Remember why I hate video reviews now. These numbers are from the TechOfTomorrow video. Far easier to see how it performs when you put all the numbers in text text to each other.

1080p.png

1440p.png

These temps surprise me as well

untitled-2.png

untitled-3.png

Intel 4770k@4.6GHz, ASUS ROG Maximus VI Hero, Kingston HyperX Beast 2x8GB 2400MHz CL11, Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming, Kingston HyperX 3k 240GB - RAID0 (2x120Gb), 2xWD 1TB (Blue and Green), Corsair H100i, Corsair AX860, CoolerMaster HAF X, ASUS STRIX Tactic pro, Logitech G400S, HyperX Cloud II, Logitech X530, Acer Predator X34.

Okay, looking at Guru3D's review, this is definitely a driver issue. Somes games it's faster than a Fury and others it's slower than a 290. All hope is not lost. I'll go put my Sudoku board away.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

1 hour ago, LAwLz said:

Those are the exceptions rather than the norm though. Not what you should base the performance on. But not even in those games it manages to match the 970, which is cheaper (at least in Europe).

No... We got quite a few DX12 games right now, and the gap in Ashes is far bigger than in the other games. There have always been games that favors one manufacturer over the other, even in DX11. I am fairly sure some of the Batman games heavily favored Nvidia cards. Just because that Batman game used DX11 doesn't mean all DX11 games favors Nvidia. Do you understand? Can't believe I have to explain this...

Wow thanks for the info cpt. obvious.. reading this gave me the biggest cringe since in a long time. THINK and THEN type before making condescending comments about others, that only makes you look like a foolish kid - life lesson.

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

After roman numeral conversion, its the R10 480....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

gamespot says it perfectly: "Its performance won’t blow you away, but neither will its price"

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I mean, objectively, all in all to me it seems a good deal the 480, after reading the guru 3d review that is. It's gonna be a good card IMHO.

6 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Okay, looking at Guru3D's review, this is definitely a driver issue. Somes games it's faster than a Fury and others it's slower than a 290. All hope is not lost. I'll go put my Sudoku board away.

Aye, it looks to me like AMD knew or suspected the 1060 and wanted to jump ahead of it even if drivers aren't there yet, unwise.

-------

Current Rig

-------

12 minutes ago, RagnarokDel said:

It's funny how they said the hype was real on that LTT vid but they don't understand that the hype was 390+ performance not sub to equal 970 performance

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, FatalityDiablo said:

Wow thanks for the info cpt. obvious.. reading this gave me the biggest cringe since in a long time. THINK and THEN type before making condescending comments about others, that only makes you look like a foolish kid - life lesson.

I don't see how I could have responded to your post in any other way.

zMeul: "Ashes is AMD biased"

You: "Oh so I guess all DX12 games are AMD biased now? RIP logic!"

Me: "Just because one DX12 game is biased towards AMD doesn't mean all DX12 games are"

You: "Wow I cringed at your comment. Don't make yourself look like a fool!"

Who is the cringy one here?

Want a life lesson? Calling others kids only makes you sound like a 15 year old who is proud that he is older than 12 year olds.

Also, its definitely not worth getting if you have a GTX 970.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

4 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

It's funny how they said the hype was real on that LTT vid but they don't understand that the hype was 390+ performance not sub to equal 970 performance

funny thing about the english language, hype is real != hype is accurate. hype is real just means the hype is everywhere.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR