Radeon RX 480 Benchmarks

HKZeroFive
1 hour ago, zMeul said:

they showed Polaris since fucking January .. it's end of June - what the fuck were they doing all this time?

I dunno. Probably clubbing with Nvidia when they didn't work on making sure the 1080 didn't throttle.

8 minutes ago, zMeul said:

will be quite hilarious in couple of weeks when nVidia will release (paper launch) their GTX1060 with the same bull crap MSRP / FE prices and still shoving a big steaming pile of turd all over AMD

"Polaris 10 will raise AMD's dGPU market share" they said ... no, it won't! -_-

---

don't quote me on it, but I totally expect the GTX1060 to be a 100-130W card with GTX970 perf for ~300$

I actually hope Nvidia scrambles to get the 1060 out of the door soon. All the A0 stepping GPU's flooding the market would actually make the 1060 a stupid alternative. But we just have to wait and see.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

2 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

I still have no idea how AMD fanboys were expecting a beast of a card out of this one.

It was never meant to be one, it replaces the old 380/X cards. People just got wrapped up in the pure BS WCCFT were posting of overclocks over 1400Mhz+

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

ok, but I expect a cigar if I'm right ;)

I'm not legally allowed to buy a Cigar. Would a you were right suffice?

6 minutes ago, Bojamijams said:

No, wait for a good review instead, a written one, where they list the driver version used, the fan profile, fan speeds, fan noise, OC vs no OC, etc.  HardwareCanucks, Anandtech, PCPer

I'm not looking for a doctorate thesis

1 hour ago, 3DOSH said:

it has 6 pin only, meaning it cant pass 150w. how did they get 170w ????!!!! thats just idiotic

a 6 ping is actually able to deliver more power then that, ask hardware overclockers. a 6 pin connector CAN provide something ridiculous in theory like 250W. The only difference between a 6 and a 8 pin is the 8 pin has 2 more grounds. My 7990 can draw over 400W with an overclock

2 minutes ago, Khvarrioiren said:

I actually hope Nvidia scrambles to get the 1060 out of the door soon. All the A0 stepping GPU's flooding the market would actually make the 1060 a stupid alternative. But we just have to wait and see.

scrambling!? RX480 is a steaming turd .. almost literally xD

All i know is that the RX 480 will be more future-proof than the 970 or 980 ever was.
And that is something everybody should put into consideration when buying a card or anything in that matter.

Have fun with a company that gimps it's own hardware.

They're right.....wine does taste better with age. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

W8. Could someone tell me when it NDA gonna end??? 

Tell me time zone too.... Gonna convert it to my local timezone.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

1 minute ago, mrchow19910319 said:

W8. Could someone tell me when it NDA gonna end??? 

Tell me time zone too.... Gonna convert it to my local timezone.

in 20 minutes (9am est)

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

3 minutes ago, zMeul said:

Did I stutter?

SCRAMBLING.

FX 6300 @4.8 Ghz - Club 3d R9 280x RoyalQueen @1200 core / 1700 memory - Asus M5A99X Evo R 2.0 - 8 Gb Kingston Hyper X Blu - Seasonic M12II Evo Bronze 620w - 1 Tb WD Blue, 1 Tb Seagate Barracuda - Custom water cooling

I wonder how much of your 3,736 posts are like this ?! just thought

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

8 minutes ago, Starelementpoke said:

So when the 1080 Clocks up, starts over heating, and throttles, everyone says wait for aftermarket cooler. When the 480 does it however, on a overclock, everyone loses their shit saying how bad it is?

I don't recall anyone NOT shitting on the FE for it's lacklustre thermals except for maybe Tom Petersen

I'm finding this video a little sketchy.... Why? Because assuming AMD made no ipc jumps whatsoever the 480 should perform a little better than a 390-less SPs but more clock speeds. I'd expect to be at least on par with a 390, if not higher.

I'm waiting until all the reviewers release their benchmarks (not sure when that will be though).

Make sure to quote me or tag me when responding to me, or I might not know you replied! Examples:

Do this:

And make sure you do it by hitting the quote button at the bottom left of my post, and not the one inside the editor!

Or this:

@DocSwag

Buy whatever product is best for you, not what product is "best" for the market.

Interested in computer architecture? Still in middle or high school? P.M. me!

I love computer hardware and feel free to ask me anything about that (or phones). I especially like SSDs. But please do not ask me anything about Networking, programming, command line stuff, or any relatively hard software stuff. I know next to nothing about that.

Compooters:

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 6700k, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Motherboard: MSI Z170a KRAIT GAMING, RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 4x4gb DDR4-2666 MHz, Storage: SanDisk SSD Plus 240gb + OCZ Vertex 180 480 GB + Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 7200 RPM, Video Card: EVGA GTX 970 SSC, Case: Fractal Design Define S, Power Supply: Seasonic Focus+ Gold 650w Yay, Keyboard: Logitech G710+, Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum, Headphones: B&O H9i, Monitor: LG 29um67 (2560x1080 75hz freesync)

Home Server:

Spoiler

CPU: Pentium G4400, CPU Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: MSI h110l Pro Mini AC, RAM: Hyper X Fury DDR4 1x8gb 2133 MHz, Storage: PNY CS1311 120gb SSD + two Segate 4tb HDDs in RAID 1, Video Card: Does Intel Integrated Graphics count?, Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Power Supply: Seasonic 360w 80+ Gold, Keyboard+Mouse+Monitor: Does it matter?

Laptop (I use it for school):

Spoiler

Surface book 2 13" with an i7 8650u, 8gb RAM, 256 GB storage, and a GTX 1050

And if you're curious (or a stalker) I have a Just Black Pixel 2 XL 64gb

1 hour ago, Misanthrope said:

And probably jet engine sound levels. 

Isn't that what the 1080 needed not to throttle?

I cant wait until 20 mins from now when other review coming up with the same result and people stop blaming the reviewer and start saying "wait for new driver", as in "wait for the eventually good driver that will come 2-3 years from now"

My rig: Intel Core i7 4790k | MSI Z97 PC Mate | GSKILL Ripjaws X 16GB 1866MHz | ADATA Premier SP550 480GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Seagate Barracuda 2TB  | MSI Gaming X GTX 1070 | Thermaltake Versa N21 | Corsair CX550M Semi Modular PSU | AOC G2460PF 144Hz | Logitech G502 | GSKILL Ripjaws KM780  | GAMDIAS HEPHAESTUS V2  PCPartPicker | Old Build Log | New Build Log

1 minute ago, Noolz said:

All i know is that the RX 480 will be more future-proof than the 970 or 980 ever was.
And that is something everybody should put into consideration when buying a card or anything in that matter.

Have fun with a company that gimps it's own hardware.

They're right.....wine does taste better with age. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Since everyone keeps saying that as soon as Nvidia ships new graphoc card series out, they start to make the old ones worse in their drivers. I don't see why anyone should get 970 anymore. 
I got to be honest tho. the RX480 did disappoint me abit, but then again. the price point is justified. 
but I was kinda hoping to replace my 290.. who knows.. remains to see what the other reviews say.

Main rig:
Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme3 | CPU: i7-5820k @ 4.3Ghz with Noctua NH-D14 | RAM: HyperX Fury DD4 2133MHz 16GB (4x4GB) | GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition | PSU: Corsair AX760i | Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (White) | Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Toshiba 3TB | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Displays: BenQ XL2410T (120Hz) + 1xBenQ G2420HD (60Hz) | Keyboard: CM Storm Rapid I (Brown switches) | Mouse: Roccat Kone XTD | Headset: Sennheiser PC 363D

1 minute ago, 3DOSH said:

I wonder how much of your 3,736 posts are like this ?! just thought

I wonder how many of your 97 posts consists of pointlessly quoting people

2 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I don't recall anyone NOT shitting on the FE for it's lacklustre thermals except for maybe Tom Petersen

I'm making a point where a good chunk of people are freaking on about it on this thread, while that fiasco has seemingly not been remembered. 

2 hours ago, LAwLz said:

.. And AMD still manages to limbo like Hermes Conrad under it.

10/10 for this reference

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'm going to wait an hour after the NDA to see if the RX 480 is going to be part of my first PC. Do you guys think I think should wait for the 1060 (which even if it is released soon, I will get in November) ?

I wonder how many of your 97 posts consists of pointlessly quoting people

97 post in 4 years gives you idea of how less full of shit I am than you.

Slowly...In the hollows of the trees, In the shadow of the leaves, In the space between the waves, In the whispers of the wind,In the bottom of the well, In the darkness of the eaves...

Slowly places that had been silent for who knows how long... Stopped being Silent.

1 minute ago, 3DOSH said:

97 post in 3 years gives you idea of how less full of shit I am than you.

I spent much of ~1y not posting but reading; I'd suggest you search back to my st posts on these forums

Something doesnt seem to add up, certain games it kills 390/x others it is close to in performance.