Gigabyte mother cpu light flashes when my pc turns off

Go to solution Solved by DanteCoal,

I've got a Gigabyte board too, swapped to it from an MSI.  I've noticed the Gigabyte board hold some capacitance that it needs to discharge before / after booting as well.  When I turn on my PSU, I'll get a brief flicker from the MoBo and my GPU's onboard LED, same as when I shut down.  Doesn't affect performance, and seems to just be a quirk of the board.  I was a little puzzled at first and ran a few tests connected to the PSU leads (I'm an electrician, I've got the tools, so why not? lol), and it seems to all be operating within spec and not causing issues.

I have a gigabyte b660 and I just recently swapped this motherboard into a new case I also got a new psu cooler and fans and today 2 days after the swap I checked my cable management so I unplugged the computer and made sure to discharge it as well and now when it turns off the cpu light flashes red briefly before turning off. There is also a click that accompanies the turn off but the same click can be heard when you turn on the pc as well so I would really like some help. Especially because I just tested the pc and temps are good and performance is good I had like a 2 hour session in cyberpunk 2077 and there really seemed to be nothing wrong but I’m still concerned and confused. The specific psu I got is a seasonic focus gx-1000 80+ gold

Reseat your CPU and check to see if it turns on before putting on your cooler. If so, put the cooler on and try again.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, Levent said:

Reseat your CPU and check to see if it turns on before putting on your cooler. If so, put the cooler on and try again.

Alright I’ll try that tomorrow morning then 

17 minutes ago, Levent said:

Wait I just remembered I don’t have any more thermal paste do you think it could be anything else before I go buy some 

4 minutes ago, Berries said:

Wait I just remembered I don’t have any more thermal paste do you think it could be anything else before I go buy some 

Nah its fine you dont have replace the thermal paste.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

33 minutes ago, Berries said:

I have a gigabyte b660 and I just recently swapped this motherboard into a new case I also got a new psu cooler and fans and today 2 days after the swap I checked my cable management so I unplugged the computer and made sure to discharge it as well and now when it turns off the cpu light flashes red briefly before turning off. There is also a click that accompanies the turn off but the same click can be heard when you turn on the pc as well so I would really like some help. Especially because I just tested the pc and temps are good and performance is good I had like a 2 hour session in cyberpunk 2077 and there really seemed to be nothing wrong but I’m still concerned and confused. The specific psu I got is a seasonic focus gx-1000 80+ gold

I have the same click on my current system (off and on), and I've had it before on another power supply/case as well,  it's nothing to worry about, I had the previous system for 5 years nothing happened, and my current system is 4 years old, both did it, nothing has happened.

The CPU Light going red could just be discharging itself when you turn off the power, but I'm not sure, never encountered it just a guess.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

25 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I have the same click on my current system (off and on), and I've had it before on another power supply/case as well,  it's nothing to worry about, I had the previous system for 5 years nothing happened, and my current system is 4 years old, both did it, nothing has happened.

The CPU Light going red could just be discharging itself when you turn off the power, but I'm not sure, never encountered it just a guess.

So you’re saying it’s basically nothing?

18 minutes ago, Berries said:

So you’re saying it’s basically nothing?

I'm saying I've had that for many years and nothing has happened across two systems with the same tiny click.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

4 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

I'm saying I've had that for many years and nothing has happened across two systems with the same tiny click.

Ah alright 

I've got a Gigabyte board too, swapped to it from an MSI.  I've noticed the Gigabyte board hold some capacitance that it needs to discharge before / after booting as well.  When I turn on my PSU, I'll get a brief flicker from the MoBo and my GPU's onboard LED, same as when I shut down.  Doesn't affect performance, and seems to just be a quirk of the board.  I was a little puzzled at first and ran a few tests connected to the PSU leads (I'm an electrician, I've got the tools, so why not? lol), and it seems to all be operating within spec and not causing issues.

35 minutes ago, DanteCoal said:

Oh thanks so much so it’s just a weird quirk of the board. I guess my only confusion is it just started happening but if it means nothing I’ll take it lol.