Steam Controller announced!

Samdb

If it wasn't Valve releasing this I'd say...EPIC F***ING FAIL! But it's valve.Hard choice.

Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips Forums news section.

Welcome to the Linus Tech Tips news section,

Where the posts are rushed, and there's not a long article in sight.

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Do you always cry or just online?

Do you always bitch, Or just online?

IDGAF anmore about this. So I will try not to reply to any trolls.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Wow that looks horrible to play with... the A B X and Y buttons are on separate sides... That will literally make it impossible to play many games. What the fuck, Valve?

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Disappointed, but not unexpected. It would be a dumb move to move in on the living room without a controller, and expecting people to buy stuff from competitors to use what you're selling them isn't something any company would do, hence the 360 controller was out of the question.

I'm curious as to how well this will perform in stuff like racing games though, because of the lack of a self centering thumb stick. Also depending on how they've implemented the pads, I'll be interested in seeing how it performs in other stuff to, but I think racing games will be the hardest to do good in. 

I will use my Xbox 360 or Xbox One Controller... sorry to all but i need analog sticks... that's why i dont play games in my tablet... well the ones which emulate analog sticks

This looks wierd but nobody of us tried it so were not in the possition to say if its better then a normal Xbox/Ps controller.

RTX2070OC 

Aww its okay, i hope the big and mean people on the internet didnt hurt your fragile ego

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Woah chill Sam got it it's Samdb's 

btw Samdb did you use my sexy pictures?

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

To me, valve failed a lot of people. & In my eyes, unless the 'details' on the hardware and software, as well as some information on HL3 LFD3 P3 & CSS2 they ACTUALLY might fail at this.

Portal has no rush for a sequel considering how it ended. HL3 is still supposedly only in pieces with no real direction as fat as wet know. L4D3 will likely be L4D2 with a slight variation on story. CS:GO only just came out, so CSS2 is premature.

The announcement was about steam in the living room. No part of that implies a game being announced despite how anticipated any of them are.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

It is interesting with how there is rings to give you a bit more feedback on if you are on the pad.

This controller thing looks nothing like HL3.... whats going on here?  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

4BzRY.jpg

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 @ Stock, CPU cooler: Dark Rock 4, Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX, RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 @ 3000Mhz, GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 ACX 3.0, SSD: Crucial P1 1TB M.2 + 2x120GB SSDs, Case: Corsair 110R, PSU: Corsair TX650M, OS: Windows 10 64-bit.

oh... i expected more 

From Valve? are you fucking crazy? :D

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

This is bull. My thread was better but it got locked. I was probably only a milisecond late and this crap gets uploaded. All that was posted on my thread was: Repost froma bunch of dicks who wouldn't shup up about me being a second later than you

Your post was shit, you posted a placeholder with a link and a headline, nothing more, I checked. @Samdb actually had some thoughts of his own in his "placeholder" And yes, he was first too, so what? who cares? the forums isn't a place you should come to boost your ego with how much action your thread had, especially when you tried to ninja in a news thread about something we all knew would be there and to read for ourselves

I wont pass any judgment until i try the thing myself. I have a reservation about the button layout; ABXY being on opposite side can be an issue in some games unless those actions are mapped to another set of buttons. The lack of d pad can also be a problem in some games.

What is interesting about the controller are the trackpad, how well would they work, how do they compare to joysticks, are they better in games that requires some movement precision (platformers, racing games etc). The new rumble feature seems interesting and the amount of buttons/touchscreen capability can be a game changer. I said that because even if the controller is halfway successful or shows that this layout can be viable, we will start to see other people investigate in it and release better version of it, even on consoles. It would not be the first time that a console released a brand new version of its controller with new features during its lifetime.

Overall I would say we should all wait to see how it turns out before placing any judgment on it.

NZXT Phantom 410 Gunmetal | Asus Z87-A (don't ask why I have a Z mobo with a non k cpu, have my reasons)| Intel Core i7 4770 | XGIMATEK Dark Knight II| 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 120GB SKHynix | 2tb WD Green | Gigabyte GTX 770 OC | OCZ 750W ZT | Logitech DiNovo Edge | Logitech G602

That's amazing. And congrats Sam on the first post.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Aww its okay, i hope the big and mean people on the internet didnt hurt your fragile ego

pleasure my anus ;)

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

but I wanted source 2 :(

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Your post was shit, you posted a placeholder with a link and a headline, nothing more, I checked. @Samdb actually had some thoughts of his own in his "placeholder" And yes, he was first too, so what? who cares? the forums isn't a place you should come to boost your ego with how much action your thread had, especially when you tried to ninja in a news thread about something we all knew would be there and to read for ourselves

You havent seen it. It has pictures and some info. I was going to edit it further when I had access to the applications. He had less info than me. I actually had a link to the page. He did not.

Link: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60333-steams-final-announment/#entry819990

This is bull. My thread was better but it got locked. I was probably only a milisecond late and this crap gets uploaded. All that was posted on my thread was: Repost froma bunch of dicks who wouldn't shup up about me being a second later than you

If you have a problem, contact @Slick, @LinusTech, @MrWizard @Windspeed36, @Whaler_99, @Dave :), @airdeano or any other moderator/administrator.

Have a great day!

Also, your post was not very informative in my honest opinion.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

If you have a problem, contact @Slick, @LinusTech, @MrWizard @Windspeed36, @Whaler_99, @[member=Dave :)], @airdeano or any other moderator/administrator.\

Have a great day!

let me correct your links and yes TheRuke have a nice day

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

Trackpads....

Trackpads keep the same sensitivity.

Analogue sticks have rubber bands below them that flex, and will wear out over time and at first, are annoyingly stiff.

Kinda makes sense, the shape is a bit ridiculous, but I do like what they've made.