Steam Controller announced!

Samdb

4Bzbb.png

There isn't too much to report for a controller, it allows you to play games comfortably on the sofa. The odd thing is it looks a little bit like a holdable speaker, which could be different as it incorporates mouse controls without having any mouse connected to it. The shape of the controller is very peculiar, however looks quite comfortable and is extremely different from other controllers on the market. The controller also features a small touch screen, allowing various actions to be performed, integrating various key presses normally found on a keyboard in a small, compact design. Valve will provide an API in order for developers to integrate it in to their game and can act as a scroll wheel and as a large button as the screen itself can be pressed down, giving the user another function to use in the afore mentioned compact design. The controller uses haptic feedback instead of the more traditional rumble type feedback, allowing for a more precise, directional and sharp feedback. The buttons have been ergonomically designed to be comfortable while still being extremely useful, being placed in places where hands would normally rest, allowing for faster responses and more comfortable actuation.

4Bzlv.png

The most attractive part of the controller is the "hackability" of it, allowing users to easily customise their controller in a way that would suit them better in circumstances that many games have to offer. This would also add a unique touch to users controllers, a feature that has not previously been available from other manufacturers.

4BzuW.png

http://store.steampowered.com/livingroom/SteamController/

It's ugly as fuck!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

and Sam was the winner!

but I was unimpressed with the controller but someone else might be interested.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I knew that was coming, god damn it why not half life 3, you win Sam god damnit ew look at that

controller.jpg

controller_bindings.jpg

controller_parts.jpg

# -_-     [Planned RIg AKA Project ARES    -_-#

| AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core | Be Quiet DARK ROCK 2 57.9 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z  |G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM |Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" SSD | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB  |Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower|Gelid Solutions Silent 14 PWM 74.5 CFM 140mm x3 |Corsair RM Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS 80PLUS Gold-Certified Power Supply|

|Rosewill RNX-N250PCe | Windows 8  | Acer H236HLbid 23.0" |Corsair Vengeance K70 
Corsair Vengeance M65 Wired Laser | STEELSERIES QCK Black|Sennheiser HD 558Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer         

One hell of a wierd controlled...btw no article from me cba with doing it and making it harder for mods as people spam them in :P

EDIT: am I the only one that thinks it looks like an owl O.o

ill stick to a ms notroller with bc off the joysticks

Specs cpu:  i7 4770k  mobo: z87-pro RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB GPU: EVGA GTX 770 HDD: WD blue 1TB psu: TX750M case: 550D cooling: H100i monitor: Dell U2410/Samsung sa350

I <3 senheiser, ASUS, Corsair, Intel

oh... i expected more 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Lol 5 seconds before it released I said wouldn't it be so troll worthy if valve made it a controller instead of HL3 ahahah :D

I'm instantly judging this thingto be useless :( the one part i prefer about controllers for fighting and racing games on my pc are the sticks..

Not sure how this'll play out.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Finally a gamepad with triggers that feel like triggers like the N64.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

I guess we have to wait Half Life 3 for eternity. :(

Intel i7 4770k | Corsair H100i | Asus Maximus VI Extreme | 16Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz | Asus GTX 780 SLI | Samsung 830 Pro 256GB + 6TB WD Red | Asus Xonar Phoebus | Corsair AX860i | Corsair 900D | Win 8 Pro 64-bit | 2 x Dell U2412M | Logitech G710+ | Logitech G602

All the hate! I like the way it looks. Looks comfy as shit!

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

Speaker (boombox) controller

2500k 4.0ghz,GTX 1070 oc,MSI Z77A-GD55,G.SKILL Ripjaws(4 x 2GB)DDR3 1333,OCZ Arc 100 240gb,Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB,Corsair TX 750w v1,CoolerMaster HAF 912,Hyper 212 EVO

This controller is good.

Visit back here in 2 years, quote this post, and apologize for how wrong you haters will become.

tumblr_mlqovo2KEN1rg0stvo1_400.gif

That has to be the most hideous controller I've ever seen. I don't want stupid touchpads as my joysticks. The button layout is just...why? Why would you make such a bad button layout? This whole controller just looks awful.

COMIC SANS

Weird and interesting... I don't think I'd like it though. Sure it can be way more accurate than regular controllers but it definitely doesn't look as practical or ergonomic.

I want a physical stick and not a touchpad as the stick. Honestly, this looks like shit.

That has to be the most hideous controller I've ever seen. I don't want stupid touchpads as my joysticks. The button layout is just...why? Why would you make such a bad button layout? This whole controller just looks awful.

Agreed. I would rather sacrifice response time for actual thumbsticks. Most of the time I use my controller for single player and the keyboard for multiplayer, so my controller can be a few milliseconds off without it hurting my experience.

I get 60 frames at 1080p on a dual core APU. Ask me how.

AMD FX 8350 CPU / R9 280X GPU / Asus M5A97 LE R 2.0 motherboard / 8GB Kingston HyperX Blue 1600 RAM / 128G OCZ Vertex 4 SSD / 256G Crucial SSD / 2T WD Black HDD / 1T Seagate Barracude HDD / Antec Earthwatts 650W PSU / Coolermaster HAF 922 Case

At first I though that that was the back of the controller with touchpads, but then it tuned out it was the front..

It looks strange but might actually work well, the touchpads look very big and comfy to use, but I'm not sure how well they will work since they don't move..

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE