NVIDIA Will Unveil Pascal GeForce GTX 1080 and GTX 1070 Graphics Cards at a Special Livestream Event May 6 – Cooler Shrouds Confirmed

Aytex

NVIDIA has officially confirmed a special event to be held tomorrow where they unveil their next generation GeForce graphics cards. The special event will be put focus on consumer grade Pascal products that will be aimed at gamers and enthusiasts to drive upcoming AAA block buster titles. The new cards will power next generation of games build upon DirectX 12 and Vulkan API while providing the best experiences in Virtual Reality experiences.

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NVIDIA-GeForce-Pascal-Cooler-Shroud_1-635x356.jpg

NVIDIA teases the latest GeForce Pascal coolers design for the cards that will be unveiled tomorrow!

Looks like the leaks for the pascal coolers are legit, seeing it has been confirmed by nvidia, and the tease picture. What do you guys think, do you still hate it or think its cool? I myself think its pretty sweet

Chsq9MZUkAESIeU.jpg

After show: 

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Graphics

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU efficiency and leakage

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Performance Versus 980 SLI

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

time conversion for my muricans :)

CST: 8:00PM

EST: 9:00PM

Mountain: 7:00PM

source

I am so excited for this :D So much cool stuff coming out tomorrow. I can see you're a BF fan from your sig so we have that to look forward to too!

Current PC: Origin Millennium- i7 5820K @4.0GHz | GTX 980Ti SLI | X99 Deluxe 

Just now, afyeung said:

I am so excited for this :D So much cool stuff coming out tomorrow. I can see you're a BF fan from your sig so we have that to look forward to too!

oh my god i just noticed that, fuck im so hyped

So that batmobile cooler leak was real?

picard-facepalm.jpg?1240934151

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, Aytex said:

http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NVIDIA-GeForce-Pascal-Cooler-Shroud_1-635x356.jpg

NVIDIA teases the latest GeForce Pascal coolers design for the cards that will be unveiled tomorrow!

Looks like the leaks for the pascal coolers are legit, seeing it has been confirmed by nvidia, and the tease picture. What do you guys think, do you still hate it or think its cool? I myself think its pretty sweet

source

Where is this livestream? I want to seeeee!!!

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

am i the only person that thinks the new cooler is pretty cool.

pun 100% intended, but i do think it looks good

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

So that batmobile cooler leak was real?

If they clean if up and make it look more industrial it could look good. But I agree the pics we saw looked terrible. 

1 minute ago, 226477_1454181668 said:

This is the one time amd might have the better looking cards

I think the AMD 300 series reference cards were quite nice :P

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Everybody is freaking out about the cooler design. The solution for that is simple....

Watercooling!! :PxD

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I think they look pretty cool. But I'm also not staring at my card so it doesn't really matter to me all that much. 

[CPU: 4.7ghz I5 6600k] [MBAsus Z170 Pro G] [RAM: G.Skill 2400 16GB(2x8)]

[GPU: MSI Twin Frozr GTX 970] [PSU: XFX Pro 850W] [Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo]
[Storage: 500GB WD HDD / 128GB SanDisk SSD ] [Case: DeepCool Tessaract]

[Keyboard: AZIO MGK1] [Mouse: Logitech G303] [Monitor: 2 x Acer 23" 1080p IPS]

2 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Everybody is freaking out about the cooler design. The solution for that is simple....

Watercooling!! :PxD

YEAH! THAT SHIT IS COMING OFF WHEN EK RELEASES A BLOCK!

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

Personally I don't mind it that much. I think if you were to pair it with the right case and CPU air cooler it could look pretty sick. What I giggle over is how everyone was complaining about how Nvidia hadn't changed their reference cooler design for a number of years (aside form slight color variations) and then once they finally give the people what they want all everyone does is bitch about their design choice.

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

2 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

If I pick up the 1080 it's probably gonna be the EVGA gtx hybrid. Their shroud design is superb. It's like it came straight from Nvidia. 

1 minute ago, DevilishBooster said:

Personally I don't mind it that much. I think if you were to pair it with the right case and CPU air cooler it could look pretty sick. What I giggle over is how everyone was complaining about how Nvidia hadn't changed their reference cooler design for a number of years (aside form slight color variations) and then once they finally give the people what they want all everyone does is bitch about their design choice.

Don't forget about aftermarket watercoolers instead of just blocks, im sure corsair/MSI/EVGA/Gigabyte will have different designs

(i still like the design if they can get a case to look like the poly design that would be great)

I hope they have some info on the 1080ti and a release date that's pretty close.

I need to upgrade, like it's a medical condition, I might die if I stick with my current GPU for much longer. Then I can also get a Vive and it's finally full on party time.

Fingers crossed that EVGA, MSI and others don't screw up their good designs, because I surely don't wanna put a Lamborghini in my case.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

5 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Don't forget about aftermarket watercoolers instead of just blocks, im sure corsair/MSI/EVGA/Gigabyte will have different designs

(i still like the design if they can get a case to look like the poly design that would be great)

The instant I saw the first leaks I immediately thought of putting a couple in the NZXT Noctis 450.

END OF LINE

1 minute ago, DevilishBooster said:

The instant I saw the first leaks I immediately thought of putting a couple in the NZXT Noctis 450.

Oh yea, that would be a really nice case for this!

custom paint it red/white and change the logo color and it will be amazing

3 minutes ago, afyeung said:

If I pick up the 1080 it's probably gonna be the EVGA gtx hybrid. Their shroud design is superb. It's like it came straight from Nvidia. 

If I didn't already have my R5 littered with radiators I'd go for that one too, I like EVGA a lot.  That new laptop they have is the best looking laptop I've seen and I'm waiting on that full tower case they had at CES to release.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

2 minutes ago, DevilishBooster said:

Perfect match.

Athlon X2 for only 27.31$   Best part lists at different price points   Windows 1.01 running natively on an Eee PC

My rig:

Spoiler

Celeronator (new main rig)

CPU: Intel Celeron (duh) N2840 2.16GHz Dual Core

RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz

HDD: Seagate 500GB

GPU: Intel HD Graphics 3000 Series

Spoiler

Frankenhertz (ex main rig)

CPU: Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz Dual Core

RAM: 1GB DDR3-800

HDD: HGST 320GB

GPU: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

I'm pretty sure this has been posted before, no?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Aytex said:

Oh yea, that would be a really nice case for this!

1 minute ago, Djole123 said:

Perfect match.

I just added that build idea/theme to my case mod project tracker. xD Hopefully by the time the 1080Ti's are out I'll have some sponsors for projects.

END OF LINE