Tracer victory pose to be removed from Overwatch

DragonTamer1

Like someone else pointed out in the original thread, the ONLY reason why that pose is "sexy" is because of her tracksuit. Put on a different costume and there you go, that "sexy" pose all of a sudden just became sassy and fits the character perfectly.

Here is a picture of her wearing the regular outfit:

Spoiler

Regular.jpg.79c7525000d5684dd9cacc368dc4

and this is the same pose with a different outfit:

Spoiler

Alternative.jpg.357737663e8427ffd2934423

The "problem" isn't the pose, it's the tracksuit if anything... Or maybe the bigger issue is that the mom is letting her little daughter play a game for teens or older. But you know...

Killing people = fine

Showing a little butt = bad

Why is the western world so fucked up with our priorities?

Also, I lol'd that Fipps being completely fine with letting her daughter look at Widowmaker, which is far more sexualized than Tracer (and the Widowmaker actually has the exact same pose).

Can we PLEASE stop equating sexuality with negativity?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Can we PLEASE stop equating sexuality with negativity?

This video could be used as a digital definition of the word "REKT".

4 hours ago, Pintend said:

If Blizzard keeps going down this path to try and appease the easily offended, they'll end up as the latest member of the BioWare club.

At least BioWare can make good games still. 

"I have a young daughter..."

Its rated T. And it doesn't even sound like the little girl is even 13 yet. She shouldn't even be anywhere near the game.  

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

3 hours ago, Notional said:

I'm getting so sick of sex negative social marxists and American puritanism. 

Girls have butt's, are you now body shaming women?

Ffs. America is turning into poe's law.

CesK6cfWwAARFOA.jpg

I know. That's sad right? So what's to say that characters can't be sexualized to some degree? My SCII OC is sexualized to a certain degree, and this one is a dude! xD. I know another male character that's noted for his sexualization, and that's Voldo.

Voldo.png

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Just now, raphidy said:

Come on murica, always censoring little stuff makes me angry. It not even an imported game.

Yeah! Sometimes I don't even understand why Americans takes little things like this (including Blizzard which I love) so seriously. I mean the Frenchies take this better.

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

Lots of people still have a moral code that they want to follow and it's getting more and more difficult to do so as more and more types of media become sexualized. Believe it or not this sort of thing changes the behavior of young women...I see my sister struggling with her daughters being exposed at every corner to a level of sexualization she's not comfortable for them to see yet. People who still care are being forced to either conform, complain (and be ridiculed), or seclude themselves from everything.

Just now, Yog said:

Lots of people still have a moral code that they want to follow and it's getting more and more difficult to do so as more and more types of media become sexualized. Believe it or not this sort of thing changes the behavior of young women...I see my sister struggling with her daughters being exposed at every corner to a level of sexualization she's not comfortable for them to see yet. People who still care are being forced to either conform, complain (and be ridiculed), or seclude themselves from everything.

but even in the scope of the game they have skins that are a million times worse, take a look at the video I posted above.

4 hours ago, Johners said:

There basically there anyway, this is just the icing on the cake. As someone who has played World of Warcraft, and other Blizzard titles, for many years, I can tell you that this isn't the beginning of this crap. Everything that made World of Warcraft fun and unique has pretty much been destroyed and it is getting worse. The game isn't an MMO anymore, it is a single player game with optional multiplayer elements. You cna play the game entirely on your own and "complete" the entire game. What makes this worse is that the game doesn't even require any effort anymore. You can craft all the good items and obtain pretty powerful gear just by turning up, a participation trophy if you would like to call it that. I still enjoy the game personally but I probably won't even buy the next expansion pack or Overwatch for that matter.

I still think WoW is pretty fun. 

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

30 minutes ago, raphidy said:

Come on murica, always censoring little stuff makes me angry. It not even an imported game.

I don't know anymore, maybe I'll just buy some land in a remote area and become an amish farmer with some goats, sheep, chickens and rabbits.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

So Widowmaker and D.va can be sexy... but tracer isn't allowed?

seems reasonable.

/s

26 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

but even in the scope of the game they have skins that are a million times worse, take a look at the video I posted above.

You make a good point. At least from the perspective of a morality issue it would need all characters to be relatively modest. I guess from a feminist perspective they don't mind the sexualization so much but the notion that EVERY female HAS to be sexualized is an issue for them. I can see that as a concern. It's essentially saying women aren't valid unless they are in this specific form.

I have a solution to complaints about women being too sexy in video games. Dont put any female characters in video games.

These days , sneezing and blowing air is considered sexist.

If i walk outside with my dog who happens to be a female , Im sexist.

If i didn't tip a waiter who happens to be a female becasue the customer isnt supposed to pay for her job , Im sexist.

If i step on a used pad instead of a condom and i trip and call down,

IM SEXIST.

Please end me.

(⌐■_■) 

6 hours ago, Yog said:

I guess from a feminist perspective they don't mind the sexualization so much but the notion that EVERY female HAS to be sexualized is an issue for them. I can see that as a concern. It's essentially saying women aren't valid unless they are in this specific form.

Ehh... Maybe that is how you interpret it but I certainly did not look at the Tracer pose and went "hell yeah! Sexualize all the women! That's all they are good for!". I thought the pose looked sassy. Sorry buddy but women have butts, and if you look at them from behind then you will see that. Maybe we should give all women a cape so that we can't see their butts? Personally, I think that would be more sexist since it is essentially saying "women aren't valid unless they cover a specific part of their body".

By the way, not all women in Overwatch are sexualized. There are at least three women whom you would barely even be able to tell were women if they put on helmets. Zarya, Pharah and Mei. So maybe you should look into the characters before making generalized statements about how all women are sexualized?

7 hours ago, Yog said:

so the world is changing but you want it to stay the same to accommodate your moral code? ever considered that maybe the problem is that sex is demonized to such extremes that it is considered more offensive than killing people? action movie where a guy murders an entire city? to night at 6 enjoy. a girl and a guy share a passionate kiss? ramp that thing to 11PM. don't want the kiddies to see that.

you think people start having orgies on nudist beaches? a lot of eastern countries have very big problems with rapes and sex is basically a taboo subject and you have seen how the women dress there. what does your moral code say about that?

will come the day in murica where people will have kids not by having sex like nature wants us to do it cause sex is bad, sex is wrong thinking of sex is immoral, but they'll have it by in lab artificial fecundation like explained in that one scene in demolition man:

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Oh, for God's sake...

Do people not have other, more important real world issues to be caring about right now than the rear end of some video game character?!

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I can't help myself,... lol america. So many real issues around the world and you guys choose a butt to get mad about haha.

But hey, who cares about all the people that the same women kills on a daily basis. She needs to be covered up while doing so! Noone may see that she has a butt like every other person on the planet. 

12 hours ago, Xorbot said:

This video could be used as a digital definition of the word "REKT".

If you liked that, then watch this.

Feminists need to be in countries in the middle east complaining about womens rights. Not in countries where women are already equal.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs