The BBC analyse recent Donald Trump 'DOX' with a surprising outcome

Master Disaster

Recently hacktivism group Anonymous declared total war on Donald Trump. For those who missed it,

They claim this war will start on April 1st but as a precursor an Anon released a 'DOX' on the presidential candidate containing his business address, phone number, date of birth, parents names and social security number. Pretty impressive right? Wrong!

The BBC has done its own investigation into this information leak and the outcome might surprise some of you.

Two weeks ago Anonymous declared "total war" on Donald Trump, the frontrunner to get the Republican nomination in the presidential race.

Now an account claiming to represent the hacker group has released what it says is Trump's personal and "private" information.

The supposed leak includes private information including the 69-year-old's phone number, social security details and home address, plus his date of birth and parents' names.

We've put the group's "hacking" to the test - by searching the internet for an hour. This is what we found.

_88833227_trumpwiki3.jpg.b2d25469596e36c

That's Donald Trump's date of birth, parents, children, date (and location) of birth covered by his page on Wikipedia.

It also includes a link to the page for Mar-a-lago, Palm Beach in Florida - which is the address listed in the Anonymous "leak".

The GPS co-ordinates were also "leaked" but that can be found by typing the address into Google Maps.

GPS co-ordinates do make you feel like a spy, though.

Or we could just type 'Trump' and click the I'm Feeling Lucky' button

We can tell when Anonymous looked up Trump on Wikipedia - because they list the area of his estate as 7,400 sq metres. The wiki page was updated on 25 February to 10,000 sq metres.

Yep, they just looked up his Wikipedia page for most of the info in the leak. There's still a few missing bits of information though but the article continues

So far so good, but what about Trump's business headquarters? The secret location at the heart of the Trump empire? We might have to dig deeper for that.

Or we could just type "Trump" into Google and click the "I'm Feeling Lucky" button, which takes you to the top search result.

_88833229_trumpcom.jpg.647613c4c9b32753c

We've found out where they are... but what if we want to call before we turn up, to make sure Mr Trump is in?

There is no phone number listed on the website. These Anonymous hackers say they have company phone number. They've even got a fax number in case you want to send documents and find that easier than email.

I suppose we had better try Google again.

_88833231_trumpcontact_google.jpg.25c70a

Notice an emerging pattern here? Next onto his legal team, personal phone number and social security number.

Included in the leak was Trump's agent's contact details and address as well as his legal team. Newsbeat found both of these on one page after searching "Donald Trump contact details".

That just leaves the two pieces of information that should definitely be private: his mobile number and his social security number.

A social security number is a bit like the US version of a National Insurance number, except much more sensitive - every US citizen is issued one from birth and it's possible to steal someone's identity if you have it.

Trump's a bit more likely to give his number out, that's the point of a phone number.

www.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That leaves one potentially genuinely private piece of information, the social security number.

This number was actually released in November by a group who called themselves the Hydra Hacking Team, and said they were a subdivision of Anonymous.

We can't verify that it's Trump's actual social security number but it's the one thing we can't find just by searching the internet. The hackers could have just made up a number and it would be difficult to call them out. Either way it's not new information.

The real test of Anonymous's hacking credentials will come on 1 April, when the group says it will begin its "war" on Trump.

It's believed they will try to take down his website

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35841006/anonymous-trump-hack---we-found-the-same-info-using-google

Brilliant article, they found out everything in the Anon leak with just google and one hour. Just goes to show that you shouldn't believe everything you read on the internet :P

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, valdyrgramr said:

Yet, I get shit for telling everyone that anonymous doesn't have actual hackers.  They did have a few, originally, but they left.  Now, it's just random children putting on a disguise and using public information or the tools of others to do crap like packet flooding.  But, it's really just pushing buttons in hopes of success.  Yet, people still defend them as true hackers. xD  This just adds to their BS.

the thing is that "anonymous" isnt a "group" in the sense we know it.

both us and them have no way to confirm or deny this person is part of "anonymous" because that term means it is a hacker that operates without the necessity to take credit. theres sure as hell some dang good hackers operating under the "anonymous" banner, theres just also no way to stop the script kiddies from joining in as well.

i guess in the end its just that lizard derps' member list probably got full, so the idiots that want a bigger e-peen now have to look elsewhere.

Donald Trump is so popular in the US right now that unless they uncover 100% confirmed verified video of him saying he wants to kill all babies or something them hacking him is only going to help him by making his supporters even more energetic and pumped up, that's all those stupid Bernie supporters that made him cancel his Chicago rally did lol.

And...?

Seriously , and what?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Was it Hacktivism or just dirty politics? the sheep just follows where the grass seems greener

Details separate people.

4 hours ago, JAKEBAB said:

April 1st. Is that not April Fools?

Somethings telling me this was never suppose to be serious.

Or they chose April Fools Day to attack the USAs biggest fool?

3 hours ago, Nineshadow said:

And...?

Seriously , and what?

To me it just shows how much power these hacktivists actually have. They haven't hacked any of this data, some guy spent an hour on google then pushed it out as a symbol of what they can achieve, absolutely nothing.

I just thought it was funny, the BBC tearing Anonymous a new one.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

7 minutes ago, MonkeyFace said:

Donald Trump: "I know the best hackers. I'm very very good friends with the best hackers. In fact, I'm the best hacker."

...I can do tremendous things with a computer.  It will make your head spin.  I promise you that.  Let me tell you.

Anon hackers have formed their own groups at this point. 

Those that are left are simply script kiddies. It's sad, really. Doxing is just a time consuming process, not any actual hacking.

Generally, compromising someones account isn't even any form of hacking.

Anyway, Trump isn't going to be afraid of this. Nor are his supporters. It's a lose-lose situation.

I still don't understand why people like this take trump seriously. He's a joke. A moron, and a joke. So all the non-super-religious-right-wing (they went Cruz) morons went to him, but that isn't nearly enough to make a winning vote.. No republican stands a chance right now against both Hillary and Bernie. I understand why the media gives him attention; good money and doesn't draw attention to their candidate's (Hillary) crap. But why a group that used to be at least semi-intelligent and "with it" gives him attention I don't know.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

The Music in the video is from the movie Letters from Iwo Jima.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

I have one major problem with Anonymous. Due to the very nature of the group, literally anyone can claim to represent them. And quite frankly, because of the nature, they can have no defined values because they're a headless organization.

I can claim to be part of Anonymous, and then claim to support Nazi and Hitler.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

9 hours ago, Admiral Naismith said:

I still don't understand why people like this take trump seriously. He's a joke. A moron, and a joke. So all the non-super-religious-right-wing (they went Cruz) morons went to him, but that isn't nearly enough to make a winning vote.. No republican stands a chance right now against both Hillary and Bernie. I understand why the media gives him attention; good money and doesn't draw attention to their candidate's (Hillary) crap. But why a group that used to be at least semi-intelligent and "with it" gives him attention I don't know.

What do you mean both? No republican needs to fight against both, only one. And that one will be Hillary. And Hillary has a shit storm brewing over her head with the FBI investigations.

Actually, if you've been following the news, you would see that anonymous released a video saying this info has been available online for years, and it was an experiment to show how the government or "new America" would attempt to arrest someone for a crime that was never committed, or something along those lines. And they threw the word fascist around too.

Source: http://anonhq.com/anonymous-just-fooled-donald-trump-secret-service-fbi/

but this can also just be anon covering their ass and making excuses, who knows!

What else would you expect from a bunch of script kiddies

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

Amusing to me that they don't go after Hillary. She's just as egregious as Trump.

Neither of them should be voted for, sadly, one of them will win.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

According to an article at AnonHQ, the so called hack that released Trump's personal information online was not a hack after all. 

On Friday, Anonymous announced it had released Trump’s personal information online — including such details as his cell phone number and Social Security number. Backlash from the Trump front promptly followed, as well as an announcement from the Secret Service and FBI that an investigation had begun.

However, the information had not been hacked or leaked. In fact, everything Anonymous posted had been online — and available for anyone to see — for years.

Anonymous RedCult released a second video to explain the ruse, in which the narrator explains the information “was online since 2013.” Indeed, as the video states, “The government and law enforcement authorities are seeking the arrest of the people responsible for attempting to illegally hack Mr. Trump’s accounts and telephone information.”

Why law enforcement at every level was so quick to pounce on a non-crime and effect arrest of those behind it — without investigating whether a crime had even been committed — paints a telling portrait of exactly the fascist tendencies Anonymous wished to prove.

According to the "hackers", the information has been online for years, and the fact that Trump and the FBI pounced on the hackers and tried to incriminate them shows the fascist dictatorship Trump envisions.

“Thank you Trump and Trump campaign. Thank you police, FBI, and the Secret Service for being a part of our little experiment on how we should expect the so-called New America will be,” the narrator stated.

I think this is great that Anonymous is pushing against Trump using information that is already public knowledge. What do you guys think? Is Anonymous correct by saying this is an experiment on how the so called New America will be?

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

I think I'm not really qualified to express my opinion but I'm going to do it anyways. Anonymous, FBI and Trump sucks and you should side with none of them.

“Thank you Trump and Trump campaign. Thank you police, FBI, and the Secret Service for being a part of our little experiment on how we should expect the so-called New America will be,” the narrator stated.

7705721.jpg

-------

Current Rig

-------