The BBC analyse recent Donald Trump 'DOX' with a surprising outcome

Master Disaster
1 minute ago, Prysin said:

then again, it wouldnt be that unlikely that they would do this just to troll someone.

Anon comes from 4Chan after all. The biggest cesspit of spiteful trolls, well, right after tumbler and twitter nowdays i guess. So for one of them to do this just to get a ruse out of it wouldn't be that unlikely.

That is my problem with the whole concept of "trolling". You can never know if someone was being genuine, because it's become so watered down as a defense mechanism for being caught in a lie. There are people that troll simply to get a reaction from someone, and then there are liars that get caught, and try to protect their egos by simply claiming the lie was done to troll people. 

Either way, I am chalking this up as another non-news story that the media ran away with. It only shows how out of touch the media is with the internet, as they still believe Anonymous to be some sort of organized supergroup of hackers, when it's basically just a bunch of random hackers using the same banner, lol.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Just now, minimoose said:

Well that's like saying the communism is only the system Lenin set up in 1917 Russia. We could become fascist, nothing prevents that.

Except communism was independently established in China, Cuba and others. And their intellectual authors are german dudes.

But I see your point. Especially since we've changed the definition of fascism just by using it to mean something else than just the Italian regime for quite some time.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

I would actually argue that a text including the writer's opinion is actually not a piece of news. But if those are the guidelines, they're to be followed. Cheers.

Thats what point I was getting at but hey not a big deal just slap a quick opinion on to follow the guidelines and oh well :P

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

Trump is the political jesus christ of the United States of America! He is gonna make this country great again! OP joined 1 day ago, probably paid by the kochbrothers to spread more hatred because they do not own mister Trump! The question is... Do you want the United States of Koch or .... do you want a rollback to the United States of America!

Welp. This is it. Time to move to Canada with my dad.

Anyone know a good location to move to?

But seriously, I really want to restart the election with good canidates. Emphasis on good. I don't want an oompa loopa running our country

The smartest idiot you will ever find

9 minutes ago, Potato_King said:

Welp. This is it. Time to move to Canada with my dad.

Anyone know a good location to move to?

But seriously, I really want to restart the election with good canidates. Emphasis on good. I don't want an oompa loopa running our country

I feel like an Oompa Loopa would do a better job than what the current candidates look like.

Could someone explain why Social Security numbers are something you don't want public in the US?

It may be like that in other countries too but in Sweden, (although some people do like to keep it secret here too) everyone's social security numbers are publicly indexed on certain sites (it's possible that you have to pay like a members fee for the sites, but it's still there. I've never tried it myself, just seen that the websites offer the service).

So I don't get why they are so private? What are they made up of? In Sweden we've got Year-Month-Day-XXXX (where the x's are unique to the person born on that particular day). So there isn't a whole lot you can do with that information (except ordering stuff online, but you won't be able to retrieve them from the post office since you need an ID with that SSN).

So does the US SSN's contain something else too or can you do more stuff just by knowing someones SSN (Like ordering stuff without the need of an ID where you pick the package up)? Or like identity theft or similar, and is that why it's important to keep it secret?

I'm often seeing with these hacks that SSN's are released but I've never really gotten why it's such a huge deal (since it's not a big deal here. So why is it in the US?)

(Unless I've missed something that applies in Sweden too that could be bad if someone knew my SSN, in that case, you swedes out there, please tell me!)

Spoiler

System:

i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz, MSI Z77A-G43, Dominator Platinum 1600MHz 16GB (2x8GB), EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB, CM HAF XM, Samsung 850 Pro 256GB + Some WD Red HDD, Corsair RM850 80+ Gold, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Windows 10 Pro 64bit

PCPP:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/znZqcf

3 hours ago, Paralectic said:

Anonymous aren't good people, but Trump is worse.

Anonymous may not be nice people but they do good things and try to improve the world.

Please be nice to the people who fight for rights,

MLGTurnip

• CPU AMD FX 8320E  Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P  RAM 8 GB Hyper X Fury 1866 mhz  GPU GTX 970 Strix 4gb OC  Case Antryx Verom  Storage 120 GB Kingston v300 and 1Tb Hard Drive  PSU Cooler Master GX750 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus  Mouse Logitech G602 and Roccat Kova  Operating System Windows 10

1 hour ago, diapersarefullofshit said:

Trump is the political jesus christ of the United States of America! He is gonna make this country great again! OP joined 1 day ago, probably paid by the kochbrothers to spread more hatred because they do not own mister Trump! The question is... Do you want the United States of Koch or .... do you want a rollback to the United States of America!

Are you being serious. If yes than WOW.

I am sorry for America and Canada because there will be a herd of Americans coming to Canada.

• CPU AMD FX 8320E  Motherboard Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P  RAM 8 GB Hyper X Fury 1866 mhz  GPU GTX 970 Strix 4gb OC  Case Antryx Verom  Storage 120 GB Kingston v300 and 1Tb Hard Drive  PSU Cooler Master GX750 80 Plus Bronze  Cooling Cooler Master Seidon 120v Plus  Mouse Logitech G602 and Roccat Kova  Operating System Windows 10

1 hour ago, diapersarefullofshit said:

And OP has over 700 posts. You can't do that in one day.

Yeah! "Experiment"

Like Jesus is 'experimenting' with his second coming to see who are the true believers before he unleshes judgement on the 'sinners'

Details separate people.

Great Article.... Wut?

Yes great demolishing of the so-called 'hackers'

But really?, from the BBC. Lets remember they're a news station, not Keemstar or Boogie (not comparing the 2, but the focus around Online news/gossip) . Dont they have better things in the technology sphere to report on. Imagine them doing an article on how much crap online 'pranksters' are full of. They pretty much ignored any of the AlphaGo happenings yet decide to do an indepth reveal of '1337 Haxors'.

Respectfully, they're full of shit.

This is just pathetic.  This whole anonymous thing is beyond belief.  It's just a bunch of 12yr olds that know how to use google. 

The media continuing to cover their 'attacks' is absurd.   

1 hour ago, lubblig said:

Could someone explain why Social Security numbers are something you don't want public in the US?

It may be like that in other countries too but in Sweden, (although some people do like to keep it secret here too) everyone's social security numbers are publicly indexed on certain sites (it's possible that you have to pay like a members fee for the sites, but it's still there. I've never tried it myself, just seen that the websites offer the service).

So I don't get why they are so private? What are they made up of? In Sweden we've got Year-Month-Day-XXXX (where the x's are unique to the person born on that particular day). So there isn't a whole lot you can do with that information (except ordering stuff online, but you won't be able to retrieve them from the post office since you need an ID with that SSN).

So does the US SSN's contain something else too or can you do more stuff just by knowing someones SSN (Like ordering stuff without the need of an ID where you pick the package up)? Or like identity theft or similar, and is that why it's important to keep it secret?

I'm often seeing with these hacks that SSN's are released but I've never really gotten why it's such a huge deal (since it's not a big deal here. So why is it in the US?)

(Unless I've missed something that applies in Sweden too that could be bad if someone knew my SSN, in that case, you swedes out there, please tell me!)

In the U.S., your social security number is the main verification for any sort of credit or banking application.  With your ssn, full name, birth date and address, Identity theft isn't even a challenge, its already done..  

Just now, kwongger said:

This is just pathetic.  This whole anonymous thing is beyond belief.  It's just a bunch of 12yr olds that know how to use google. 

The media continuing to cover their 'attacks' is absurd.   

Media is even worse , they are at a point where it's just business & they need to keep the wheel spinning by any means to keep it profitable, it's not just truth anymore, churn up anything or everything that an make people overstimulated like a stock market, just to keep things in  ,  reporting just the things as they are, those days are gone , it's just dirty politics

Details separate people.

I've read from a different post about Anon troll hacking Trump. I think Anon were proving a point what Trump supporters were in support fascist regime, where in fact the info is well available publicly.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero