It could finally be happening, Valve leaked HL3 & LFD3 data in the VR Performance Test

Master Disaster

Yep, in much the same way as Source 2 was leaked in the Source Movie Maker it seems Valve have done it again with the VR Performance Test.

Users have delved into the included files and have even been looking through DLL files and they've uncovered multiple strings referencing HL3 & LFD3 as well as weapon names, infected names and even models which are supposed to be characters from HL3.

For a better explanation and the full lowdown watch the following...

Holy shit, ITS HAPPENING GUYS, ITS HAPPENING. Unfortunately there was a 2 year gap between the S2 leak and the thing actually coming out but hey, this at least (apparently) shows they are making HL3.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Probably some leftover from HL3 project and didn't bother to remove when they canceled it. Probably...

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

They've been leaking assets for years.

And btw we have known for a long time that both Half Life 3 and a few other games exist in some form.

But that doesn't mean it's far along in development.

Also Valve does more R&D than game development so a lot of the stuff they make internally for experimental purposes but they don't push for any release schedule.

As much as it sucks and annoys us the problem is that they don't need the money. So they will release more games at some point but don't hold your breath...

1 minute ago, xAcid9 said:

Probably some leftover from HL3 project and didn't bother to remove when they canceled it. Probably...

I'd like to believe the people who found these files (especially the models) would have done a basic "last edit" check.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I'd like to believe the people who found these files (especially the models) would have done a basic "last edit" check.

When it was packaged, metadata like will have been removed.

HTTP/2 203

This has been happening for years now with HL3 teases. Maybe GabeN is trolling us and we will believe him. And when we give up he will probably release HL3

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

I agree. If we dont set high expectations for HL3 then Valve wont have as much stress about how good the game will be and hopefully a sooner release.

We all know there were parts for HL3 created, but because there wasn't a good story, they are just random pieces...

Why doesn't everyone know this and stop hyping these things?

There are pieces developed, but the issue is that the lack of a good story is holding the game back.

And tbh i can imagine why valve doesn't want to release HL3, because the risk of not meeting the gamers expectations is just waaaay to big.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

15 minutes ago, asim1999 said:

This has been happening for years now with HL3 teases. Maybe GabeN is trolling us and we will believe him. And when we give up he will probably release HL3

And people better give up soon - I'm tired of seeing posts about HL3. I understand that a lot of people enjoyed the Half Life series, but to me, this has been going on for too long.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I will believe it when I see it.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

I'm conviced they are doing these things on purpose to mess with everyone.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

I liked HL2, but for myself personally, I will get fun out of LFD3. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

36 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I will believe it when I see it.

This.

if I were Valve I would just create random assets with the name of HL3, just to keep people occupied

Every time HL3 is mentioned Gabe delays its release by 6 months ;)

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

2 hours ago, samcool55 said:

There are pieces developed, but the issue is that the lack of a good story is holding the game back.

Story has nothing to do with it. 

It's just that Valve is loaded with money. They have no financial incentive to release new games.

Creating big AAA games is hard; it requires coordination of hundreds of people working towards a common goal over a period of years.

Valve does do a lot of good work behind the scenes and in the developer community, I don't deny that. They have done a lot with steam, with virtual reality, with Vulkan, with developer tools, and with updating content on their existing multiplayer games etc.... I don't deny that. 

But they have slacked off in new game development. It's been 2.5 years since they released Dota2 and they still haven't announced their next game.

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And people better give up soon - I'm tired of seeing posts about HL3. I understand that a lot of people enjoyed the Half Life series, but to me, this has been going on for too long.

agreed, the whole HL series are way overhyped and overglorified.

just like that Whooper my dad ate in Texas back in 1975

5 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Story has nothing to do with it. 

It's just that Valve is loaded with money. They have no financial incentive to release new games.

Creating big AAA games is hard; it requires coordination of hundreds of people working towards a common goal over a period of years.

Valve does do a lot of good work behind the scenes and in the developer community, I don't deny that. They have done a lot with steam, with virtual reality, with Vulkan, with developer tools, and with updating content on their existing multiplayer games etc.... I don't deny that. 

But they have slacked off in new game development. It's been 2.5 years since they released Dota2 and they still haven't announced their next game.

That's because they realised Source wasn't sufficient for what they needed so they took some time to develop Source 2 so they could do it properly.

Ricochet 2 PLZ

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

As I said before: HL3 will be a disappointed since it could never live up to the impossible standards everyone is expecting due to decades of hype.

-------

Current Rig

-------

null