It could finally be happening, Valve leaked HL3 & LFD3 data in the VR Performance Test

Master Disaster
11 minutes ago, cptavim said:

People are excited because this might finally be the year it's announced. All the (main) Half Life games were released with a new engine. Half life 1 with the goldsrc engine and half life 2 with the source engine. Since Valve is releasing the source 2 engine this year, it might finally be the year that Half life 3 is announced. What's so hard to understand?

How Gordon Freeman manages to cope in a universe where the cheeseburger is seemingly no more.  But then I am intrigued by weird things.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

49 minutes ago, cptavim said:

People are excited because this might finally be the year it's announced. All the (main) Half Life games were released with a new engine. Half life 1 with the goldsrc engine and half life 2 with the source engine. Since Valve is releasing the source 2 engine this year, it might finally be the year that Half life 3 is announced. What's so hard to understand?

Exactly, its not like they spent the last 3 years making Source 2 to just release a MOBA on it.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They're waiting for VR to make the next Half Life game. Anyone who say "it won't live up to the hype" just lacks imagination.

Imagine Half Life 3, in VR, with a portal gun and a gravity gun. How does that not sound fucking amazing?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Something interesting to note;

The phone dial has the #3 scratched out. The other numbers are in fine condition. F*cking valve...

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Considering they only started development of HL2, then stopped it, its probably just a test scene based of the work they did do on it.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I propose that some rich dude should ensure that Bellevue's side road poster adverts are all just a black background, with the number 3 centered in Half Life Orange, with Gabens face with a question mark on it in the lower right.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Everyone was making fun of Leo not getting oscar but he eventualy got it. I believe that we will eventualy get HL3. (fingers crossed)

At this point I feel like valve are just as committed to the no 3's joke as the community is.
I think it will be Left 4 dead or Left 4 dead 4.
And Half-life 3D VR.

One Steam to rule them all, One Sale to find them, One Sale to bring them all and with their wallets, bind them! - r/pcmasterrace 17/01/2014

Spoiler
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k
  • CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212+ 
  • RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2400Mhz (2x8GB)
  • GPU: Gigabyte G1 R9 390 
  • Mobo: Asus Z170-AR
  • PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 900W 
  • Storage: 240GB intel 520 SSD (OS), Sandisk 128GB SSD(Other OS) 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 
  • Case: Fractal Design R4

14 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And people better give up soon - I'm tired of seeing posts about HL3. I understand that a lot of people enjoyed the Half Life series, but to me, this has been going on for too long.

I Completely agree.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

15 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

And people better give up soon - I'm tired of seeing posts about HL3. I understand that a lot of people enjoyed the Half Life series, but to me, this has been going on for too long.

PREEECH IT BROTHHARRAH.

AMEN.

(⌐■_■) 

12 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

They're waiting for VR to make the next Half Life game. Anyone who say "it won't live up to the hype" just lacks imagination.

Imagine Half Life 3, in VR, with a portal gun and a gravity gun. How does that not sound fucking amazing?

It still won't live up to the hype. There's no fucking way a game can live up to an entire decade of hype. Just look at Duke Nukem Forever.

14 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Half Life 2 was kinda boring. VR is kinda boring. None of it sounds particularly amazing to me.

I'm pretty hyped for Left 4 Dead 3 though, if that really is coming. I fucking love those games.

2 hours ago, Daring said:

It still won't live up to the hype. There's no fucking way a game can live up to an entire decade of hype. Just look at Duke Nukem Forever.

Have you considered that some of us just want an ending to the story?

Or that peoples expectations are just insane? I don't give a damn about hype, I give a damn about whether or not it's fun to play, which, Half Life 2 already was, so unless they go full retard so will Half Life 3, and I care about the atmosphere that Half Life 2 created, which again, they can't really fuck that up. Unless they try to.

Duke Nukem Forever sucked because it tried too hard, and tried to do things that just aren't what people want in a Duke Nukem game.

Not every game has to be ground breaking. It can just be fun instead.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 hours ago, mikat said:

more csgo updates, no hl3 pls

ಠ_ಠ

- snip-

17 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

As I said before: HL3 will be a disappointed since it could never live up to the impossible standards everyone is expecting due to decades of hype.

I think your forgetting that this is Valve here.

The guys who were expected to screw up their first major project (Half Life 1) because they'd promised so much and no one believed a couple of ex microsoft employees with no experience in making games could pull it off. When they announced they had scrapped of most of the project just months before release to start again they were ridiculed by everyone. Half Life released over a year late and it turned out to be a revolution in gaming, nothing like it ad been seen before.

They guys who were expected to release Half Life 2 and have it flop because it couldn't possibly live up to the expectations that people had set for it. Again, it released and went down as one of the greatest games ever created.

The guys who bought a Narbacula Drop rip off from a bunch of college students and turned it into one of the greatest puzzles games ever created.

The guys who announced they were making a zombie game despite having no experience in that area, again it was expected to flop, it didn't.

In fact just about the only mistake Valve ever made when it comes to game development was to release L4D2 a year after L4D1 despite promising L4D1 players additional content.

IF Valve ever release HL3 I fully expect everyone to be hating on it and saying how it could never meet their expectations and I believe that is actually part of their genius. They make us wait so long that the hype tain dies down and the hate train moves in then BAM, they go and drop a masterpiece on the world and blow every body away.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

I think your forgetting that this is Valve here.

The guys who were expected to screw up their first major project (Half Life 1) because they'd promised so much and no one believed a couple of ex microsoft employees with no experience in making games could pull it off. When they announced they had scrapped of most of the project just months before release to start again they were ridiculed by everyone. Half Life released over a year late and it turned out to be a revolution in gaming, nothing like it ad been seen before.

They guys who were expected to release Half Life 2 and have it flop because it couldn't possibly live up to the expectations that people had set for it. Again, it released and went down as one of the greatest games ever created.

You just proved his point imo, and few other guys in this thread.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

it's worth noting that only some of the HL3 hype is genuine hype. A lot of it is just stupid memes and internet jokes and hl3 confirmed rhetoric. It just happened to become something the Internet got a hold of made viral ( despite zero hype from valve). That's mostly what is, rather than people genuinely expecting some saviour of gaming.

I don't really get why people are so obsessed with Half Life 3.

I mean HL/HL2 were good games but I really don't care if there's going to be a 

continuation or not, I mean usually games that stretch on for too long start to become shit,

so I'd rather see a faithful hd remake than a sequel (especially since as the others pointed out, they couldn't get the story right which is one of the most important factors)

They should make another portal. Not portal "3" because idk how they would continue from portal 2. However, similar to the VR demo and portal 2 multiplayer, they could make another story out of it. I love the lore and humor and just about everything in portal. I'd love a full fledged VR portal game that does more than just portals. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

2 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

You just proved his point imo, and few other guys in this thread.

You took that out of context. He didn't prove them right, it was a rebuddle stating people expected valve to not meet the hype of HL2, but they did. In comparison, it's possible they will meet the hype for HL3.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

20 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

As I said before: HL3 will be a disappointed since it could never live up to the impossible standards everyone is expecting due to decades of hype.

What impossible standards? People just want the Damn story to be finished. They left of episode 2 with a huge cliffhanger ending.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

5 hours ago, Trik'Stari said:

Have you considered that some of us just want an ending to the story?

Or that peoples expectations are just insane? I don't give a damn about hype, I give a damn about whether or not it's fun to play, which, Half Life 2 already was, so unless they go full retard so will Half Life 3, and I care about the atmosphere that Half Life 2 created, which again, they can't really fuck that up. Unless they try to.

Duke Nukem Forever sucked because it tried too hard, and tried to do things that just aren't what people want in a Duke Nukem game.

Not every game has to be ground breaking. It can just be fun instead.

I know, I'm looking forward to Half-Life 3 too and want the story to be concluded too. I'm just trying to keep my expectations from getting too high so I won't be disappointed when it finally comes out.