Most popular stolen passwords in 2015: Are you kidding me?!

Techno Buffalo: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/01/21/most-popular-stolen-passwords-in-2015-are-you-kidding-me/

Opinion: You've got to be hard pressed to find a password to have used one of these passwords; but then again many of us have..  ;)

Below is the full list:

25. starwars (New)

1. 123456 (Unchanged)

2. password (Unchanged)

3. 12345678 (Up 1)

4. qwerty (Up 1)

5. 12345 (Down 2)

6. 123456789 (Unchanged)

7. football (Up 3)

8. 1234 (Down 1)

9. 1234567 (Up 2)

10. baseball (Down 2)

11. welcome (New)

12. 1234567890 (New)

13. abc123 (Up 1)

14. 111111 (Up 1)

15. 1qaz2wsx (New)

16. dragon (Down 7)

17. master (Up 2)

18. monkey (Down 6)

19. letmein (Down 6)

20. login (New)

21. princess (New)

22. qwertyuiop (New)

23. solo (New)

24. passw0rd (New)

oh that one was hilarious xD

EDIT:
HOW IS INCORRECT NOT UP THERE

solo I thought that password died... 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

i used one of them when i was 7 xD Quickly learned my lesson when i lost all dat mad club penguin shizzle...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Be honest, who's actually used at least one of these passwords? 

People are retarded. What can I say? xD

My passwords are huge and I use 2 factor authentication where I can.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

My password is 1a2b3c4d

Of course I jest. This topic made me chuckle though.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

People are retarded. What can I say? xD

My passwords are huge and I use 2 factor authentication where I can.

I try to do the same, the only downside is that I need to have my phone with me most of the time

I have never used any of these ever.... just wow

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

I try to do the same, the only downside is that I need to have my phone with me most of the time

Yeah. :/

I was thinking of getting one of those USB keys. They last for ages from a single charge.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I am happy to report that I've never had any of my passwords appear on these lists.

1qaz2wsx is especially pitiful. At least that shows an effort, and yet it's so far, far away from clever I got to feel bad for the people who made them.

It shows they've been paying attention to advice about passwords, yet not truly understood the message and completely brainfarting when it comes to the end product.

Lmfao! "1qaz2wsx" that person must have felt so clever haha. xD

More like those hundreds of thousands of people.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It took me way longer than I feel comfortably admitting to figure out the system behind 1qaz2wsx and now I feel dumb.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

It took me way longer than I feel comfortably admitting to figure out the system behind 1qaz2wsx and now I feel dumb.

Can you explain it to me because I'm lost on its meaning?

Mine is a car... but to hell will you actually find it because not many people think about it... 

CONSOLE KILLER: Pentium III 700mhz . 512MB RAM . 3DFX VOODOO 3 SLi

Can you explain it to me because I'm lost on its meaning?

Look how to type it on the keyboard.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I thought the most popular password was the enter key :P

Seriously though you can pick a combo of things that only makes sense to you instead of you know running your hand across they keys in a line, man people are derp

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Look how to type it on the keyboard.

Thanks. I feel stupid for not seeing something so simple.

What's funny is that I honestly don't know which service even allow for passwords shorter than 6 digits... So the 4 and 5 digits passwords on this list are surprising to me.

I know that phone unlock codes can be 4 digits.. but what terrible service could possibly allow their users to set such an insecure, short password that would be cracked in less than a second...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro