Logitech G502

The Logitech G502 is a well reviewed mouse and at the time it came out last year, I wasn't in the market. I started looking for mice about a month ago. I decided to take the plunge and order.

The unboxing was pretty easy. It looked really small in the box and I felt kind of mehhh about it. I put it around my hand and it felt great! I love the textured feel on the side where your ring and pinky finger rest. I like how lightweight the mouse is and played around with several configurations with the weights. I didn't leave any on, but will add one bar every couple of days just to see how it feels. I set up the DPI and it glides very easy over my mouse mat.

The pros of this mouse to me are the braided cables. I love the look and love the fact that it came with velcro so I can tied up most of the cable, since I have a USB pass-through from my Logitech G710+. I love having a lot of buttons to press and most of them aren't within reach, however that is also a con for me. Another pro would be the scroll wheel. I like how you can release it and scroll extremely fast.

The con of this mouse to me are the numerous buttons. I tend to automatically press the sniper button a lot. Maybe that means I need to add more weights, so that might take some getting use to. It's just there and it's huge. The Previous/Next buttons which rest above your thumb, I don't really like the placement of, but almost all mice have that configuration where if you want to go back, your move your thumb back. Again, it will take some getting use to. The generic Asus mouse I had, had the NEXT button on top and the PREVIOUS button on the bottom to it was very easy to browse the internet with.

All in all, the mouse feels very nice in my hand. I haven't really gamed with it yet, and plan to do so soon. It will take some time getting use to the mouse as with all peripherals. I would recommend this mouse to someone who is in the market for a new mouse. It's made by Logitech and I've never had a problem with any of their products. Apparently it comes with a good sensor, even though I know nothing about sensor. 

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

Proud owner of a BlackBerry Q10.

Good review 

Thanks. The only question I have for everyone that has this mouse is, if they tend to hit the sniper button a lot, if no, how did they remedy this.

CPU i5 3570k MOBO Asus Maximus Gene V GPU Asus DCUII 670 CASE Corsair 350D (windowless) SSD Crucial M550 256GB msata CPU COOLER Noctua NH-D14 RAM Corsair XMS3 8GB 1600mhz PSU Corsair AX750 Display Asus PB287Q 4K (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/380533-journey-into-4k-goodness-asus-pb287q-review/) & Asus VH236H 1080P

Keyboard Logitech G710+ MX Brown Mouse Logitech G502 (my review on it http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/299464-logitech-g502/ )

I have one and it has long since replaced my G500s I find it alot more comfortable + it lack a braided cable ,I wish companies would rubber coat the cables, braiding just makes the cable heavier

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

I can barely reach the sniper button but I do have smallish hands, so I guess the issue doesn't effect everyone 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Just rebind the sniper button. ;)

And good review. I actually wish I had picked this mouse up instead of the G402 in some cases. From what I have heard, the left and right clicks aren't as light and they wont be clicked from me just dropping the mouse back onto my pad, which irritates me to no end. And it's a little bigger, perfect for my stupid sized hands, even the G402's mouse buttons aren't quite long enough for me to properly palm the mouse. Maybe I should invest in one and keep my G402 as a back up. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I have one and it has long since replaced my G500s I find it alot more comfortable + it lack a braided cable ,I wish companies would rubber coat the cables, braiding just makes the cable heavier

I can barely reach the sniper button but I do have smallish hands, so I guess the issue doesn't effect everyone 

Thank you all for your input.

Just rebind the sniper button. ;)

And good review. I actually wish I had picked this mouse up instead of the G402 in some cases. From what I have heard, the left and right clicks aren't as light and they wont be clicked from me just dropping the mouse back onto my pad, which irritates me to no end. And it's a little bigger, perfect for my stupid sized hands, even the G402's mouse buttons aren't quite long enough for me to properly palm the mouse. Maybe I should invest in one and keep my G402 as a back up. 

I play CS:GO very casually, and apparently, you can't bind the sniper button in the settings.

I kind of want a G502 seeing it is a mouse I drool over, and its last day for being $66.99 on Massdrop is today. I doubt I'd have problems reaching the sniper button as I have a hard time reaching the side buttons on my G500S because my fingers are so long... If I do a full palm grip, the tips of my fingers are just off of the end of it.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Thank you all for your input.

I play CS:GO very casually, and apparently, you can't bind the sniper button in the settings.

On the G402, there is are three DPI cycle buttons, one that sets your DPI to the lowest and the other two that change your DPI up or down. I just unbound them in the Logitech software. Now I have play/pause and stop on my mouse. :D And as I don't have any DPI higher or lower than 480, the DPI shifter is useless and whenever I hit it, the thing just flashes at me. :P

yIRYIXr.jpg

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I kind of want a G502 seeing it is a mouse I drool over, and its last day for being $66.99 on Massdrop is today. I doubt I'd have problems reaching the sniper button as I have a hard time reaching the side buttons on my G500S because my fingers are so long... If I do a full palm grip, the tips of my fingers are just off of the end of it.

Oh right, yeah I have no problems reaching it, but my thumb does not naturally rest ON the button it rests with on the side before the button, I have to actively reach for it 

I use a palm grip, my fingers end just after the scroll wheel and before the end of the buttons (yes I have small hands

I do love it though, I have been more accurate with it than with my g500 (which is now my work mouse)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh right, yeah I have no problems reaching it, but my thumb does not naturally rest ON the button it rests with on the side before the button, I have to actively reach for it 

I use a palm grip, my fingers end just after the scroll wheel and before the end of the buttons (yes I have small hands

I do love it though, I have been more accurate with it than with my g500 (which is now my work mouse)

Ah, I had a heavily used G500 for a year before it finally died and stopped working, then I purchased the G500S since I loved the design... Then I saw the G502 and now I kind of want one...

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Ah, I had a heavily used G500 for a year before it finally died and stopped working, then I purchased the G500S since I loved the design... Then I saw the G502 and now I kind of want one...

Yeah its really nice, i LOVE the g500 design, but I think I actually prefer the 502, its just a bit sleeker and fits in the hand better, the 502 is comfy but its fat ass gets in the way a little

On the G402, there is are three DPI cycle buttons, one that sets your DPI to the lowest and the other two that change your DPI up or down. I just unbound them in the Logitech software. Now I have play/pause and stop on my mouse. :D And as I don't have any DPI higher or lower than 480, the DPI shifter is useless and whenever I hit it, the thing just flashes at me. :P

That's cool. I thought about changing the sniper button in the LGS, but I actually like the sniper button, because I like to browse and play with high DPI. It's nice if I want precision to make my DPI extremely low. I just wish I could bind that button into "DUCK" in CS:GO.

I was temped to buy it on Massdrop, but knowing that it would take almost a month to get to me, I bought it on Amazon for 70 bucks. I have a hybrid pam/claw grip. My thumb can reach past the sniper button, and my pointer and middle finger are resting past the scroll wheel.

After shipping it's more expensive to purchase it from massdrop in comparison to Amazon lol

Workstation i7-3930k | GTX 980 SLI | 2 x P2715Q (2160p) | AX1200i | H100i

Server E3-1245v3 | 24GB RAM | Be Quiet! 600W PSU | Be Quiet! Rock Pro 3

I was temped to buy it on Massdrop, but knowing that it would take almost a month to get to me, I bought it on Amazon for 70 bucks. I have a hybrid pam/claw grip. My thumb can reach past the sniper button, and my pointer and middle finger are resting past the scroll wheel.

Yeah... I got a year subscription of Amazon Prime from the sale... The day after I ordered a HDD and it shipped... Eh, it's just a folding rig that needs the HDD... :P

Yeah its really nice, i LOVE the g500 design, but I think I actually prefer the 502, its just a bit sleeker and fits in the hand better, the 502 is comfy but its fat ass gets in the way a little

Same... I bought a nice Steelseries QcK instead of using this like 80+ year old hand me down desk with it. (You can see a pic of it on my profile) But currently, I don't have much of the mouse pad I can use since... Second keyboard on desk and other shit out for when a HDD arrives so I can get a retired Dell (built my brother a new rig) and get that running... If your wondering, it has a Athlon II x4 630 on its stock paste from almost 7 years ago... Oh, and I got a free 650ti from it that is filled with coil whine IDLING... But I threw my HD7770 in it because folding.

After shipping it's more expensive to purchase it from massdrop in comparison to Amazon lol

Look in this post. (Amazon Prime)

Spoiler

Spoiler

That's cool. I thought about changing the sniper button in the LGS, but I actually like the sniper button, because I like to browse and play with high DPI. It's nice if I want precision to make my DPI extremely low. I just wish I could bind that button into "DUCK" in CS:GO.

Yeah, I'd love to be able to bind the DPI cycle button on the G402 to flash bang in CS:GO so I didn't have to use the space bar. Maybe it's time to make a profile. :D