Steam now lets you *permanently* delete games from your Steam account/library

TopWargamer

Obviously they would be able to reverse it on the steam support side. There would be records of purchased and deleted games. What games you own are just values in a database.

True but think of it this way: what if your account is 500+ titles? I don't even remember half of what I've got at any one time. If someone were foolish enough to not use SteamGuard properly; or even if someone bypassed it, would you notice a title here and a title there disappearing over time?

That's the scary part to me; because obviously yes, Steam would be able to backtrack but at the same time if there's a long enough span of time between it disappearing and you noticing, they probably won't do anything at all.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

Yeah! I can finally delete the old deprecated MMO versions like Age of Conan: Collector's Edition and Rift that aren't linked to the real games on Steam anymore because they went F2P and suck at kompootors.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

So what if someone hacks into your account and deletes thousands of dollars of games?

If you are able to get hacked into your account you deserve to loose your games. Dumb password, no steam guard, no mobile steam guard.

Awful choice. Hackers will have fun with this. Hiding games is a great idea, not permanently deleting them. Awful, awful idea.

@Enderman

The real question is why aren't you using two-factor. 

how will this effect VAC banned games ? rebuy ?

it wont, its your account thats banned not the game key

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

@Enderman

this isnt about me...

i barely ever use steam

this is about the other thousands of people who regularly get accounts hacked into

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

FINALLY i can remove this *****ing junk from my library

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

Makes sense, I guess if you knew you were never going to play the game again why have it there at all.

Or if you get so pissed at the Dev that you don't want any of their shit related to you whatsoever...

Also, parental control. If your kid buys a game with a gift card that you don't want them to have. Sure, not foolproof, but they'd have wasted their likely limited income.

y tho

If a parent wants to delete a game because their kid isn't studying in school might be one scenario.

Or if you want to never see that game again.

Or if you hate clutter, and just want it gone.

So what if someone hacks into your account and deletes thousands of dollars of games?

That would really suck, but they have numerous safeguards.

Does hacking Steam accounts happen that often?

Why would you ever want to literally throw money away

If you're never going to use it again...why keep it?

By that logic you should never throw anything away.

Awful choice. Hackers will have fun with this. Hiding games is a great idea, not permanently deleting them. Awful, awful idea.

It's already been mentioned a few times, but there are numerous ways to protect yourself from this.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Obviously they would be able to reverse it on the steam support side. There would be records of purchased and deleted games. What games you own are just values in a database.

You'd think they would've been able to do this with fraudulent trades...

Not the case apparently.

@Enderman

Really doesn't matter anyway unless the game is multiplayer focused/only as any lost game can be recovered on the high seas

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

this isnt about me...

i barely ever use steam

this is about the other thousands of people who regularly get accounts hacked into

And that is why you don't use the same password for things, a lot of people who get hacked are just lazy and think everything will be fine. 

Really doesn't matter anyway unless the game is multiplayer focused/only as any lost game can be recovered on the high seas

High seas, (I hope it's not what I'm thinking) If so.. find yourself a hole... crawl in and... 

If you're never going to use it again...why keep it?

By that logic you should never throw anything away.

Except this takes no space..

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

So long 'Infestation: Survivor Stories', and good fucking riddance. I've wanted that garbage off my account for years, today is a glorious day.

Ignis (Primary rig)
CPU
 i7-4770K                               Displays Dell U2312HM + 2x Asus VH236H
MB ASRock Z87M Extreme4      Keyboard Rosewill K85 RGB BR
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X 16GB      Mouse Razer DeathAdder
GPU XFX RX 5700XT                    Headset V-Moda Crossfade LP2
PSU Lepa G1600
Case Corsair 350D
Cooling Corsair H90             
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS) + WD Blue 1TB

Server 01Alpha                                       Server 01Beta                            Chaos Box (Loaner Rig)                Router (pfSense)
CPU
 Xeon X5650                                      CPU 2x Xeon E5520                    CPU Xeon E3-1240V2                     CPU Xeon E3-1246V3
MB Asus P6T WS Pro                               MB EVGA SR-2                             MB ASRock H61MV-ITX                 MB ASRock H81 Pro BTC
RAM Kingston unbuffered ECC 24GB  RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB         RAM Random Ebay RAM 12GB    RAM G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB
GPU XFX R5 220                                       GPU EVGA GTX 580 SC               GPU Gigabyte R9 295x2                GPU integrated
PSU Corsair CX430M                               PSU Corsair AX1200                   PSU Corsair GS700                         PSU Antec EA-380D
Case Norco RPC-450B 4U                      Case Rosewill  RSV-L4000C        Case Modified Bitfenix Prodigy   Case Norco RPC-250 2U
Cooling Noctua NH-U9S                        Cooling 2x CM Hyper 212 Evo  Cooling EVGA CLC 120mm           Cooling stock
Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)           Storage null                                 Storage PNY CS900 120GB (OS)  Storage Fujitsu 150GB HDD
               8x WD Red 1TB in Raid 6                                                                                WD Black 1TB    
               WD Green 2TB

High seas, (I hope it's not what I'm thinking) If so.. find yourself a hole... crawl in and... 

If you already bought the game why does it matter, the point of copyright law isn't to screw over consumers (though it can) it's to make sure creators get compensation, which you already did with the initial purchase. Either way this doesn't affect me really as I make my games work regardless and keep backups, both off site and on HDDs

Dual authentication can help a lot, but who asked for this feature?

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

it wont, its your account thats banned not the game key

according to steam the key its self is banned

other games arnt effected with in the account

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

according to steam the key its self is banned

other games arnt effected with in the account

There is still an account tie, or else I couldn't see peoples van bans publicly, which anyone can.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Except this takes no space..

Some people just really hate clutter, even if you can hide it, you'll still know it's there.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

There is still an account tie, or else I couldn't see peoples van bans publicly, which anyone can.

oh yeah but what i meant was that if i bought two games lets say CS and L4D and i got banned on CS i wouldnt be banned on L4D

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Interesting that there are so many people opposed to giving the consumer complete control of their owned products?

If you guys are suggesting that YOU OWN IT, by purchasing it, then why can you not have it deleted so you essentially so not own it anymore?

You can do this with physical copies of old games. Toss them out. You aren't going to buy a game that just came out for $60, and then delete it from your account. You will be deleting games that were either cheap, or that you haven't ever played and won't.

Interesting that there are so many people opposed to giving the consumer complete control of their owned products?

If you guys are suggesting that YOU OWN IT, by purchasing it, then why can you not have it deleted so you essentially so not own it anymore?

You can do this with physical copies of old games. Toss them out. You aren't going to buy a game that just came out for $60, and then delete it from your account. You will be deleting games that were either cheap, or that you haven't ever played and won't.

I think you misunderstood the point? It's not that people don't want full control, it's that people don't want there accounts hacked and there games deleted.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2