Rose Gold Beats Headphones are now available

1526227122118008496.png

Neither pair of headphones is being changed in any other appreciable way, save for the new color option. That's fine — they're both great as far as Beats products go, even if the $299 sticker price of the Solo 2s still feels a bit high.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/19/9761480/beats-rose-gold-solo-2-urbeats

This is truly something new to consumers who are looking for a pair of headphones, but I don't think that a color change justifies the higher price tag

I'm wondering whether or not this will sell considering the fact that it's Beats and well....rose gold (still looks pink to me)

It would definitely look great if you had a phone to match  it with (iPhone 6S)

I mean... I would never buy Beats anyway. A bunch of students on my local college campus have beats because of the get a pair free with a macbook thing, and if I ever did that I would just sell them and buy something worthy.

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

What happened to Solo's being $189?

$299? Kinda steep :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

So Sennheiser isn't the only company charging 1.5x the cost of a product because it's a different color. Cool!

- snip

Beats is in the same business that Apple is: fashionable tech. They will sell.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

What happened to Solo's being $189?

$299? Kinda steep :/

These are the Solo2 wireless. They have blueteeth.

Main Rig: CPU i7-4790k / MOBO Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) / RAM 16GB HyperX Fury 1866 MHz / CPU COOLER Dark Rock 3 / GPU Asus GTX 1070 Strix  / CASE Evolv ATX Tempered Glass / SSD Crucial MX200 250GB / HDD  WD Black 1TB + WD Blue 3TB / PSU EVGA 750G2 / DISPLAYS 2x Dell U2414h / KEYBOARD Corsair K70 RGB Cherry MX Brown / MOUSE Logitech G602 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 / i7-6700HQ, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GTX 960m, 1080P Display

Cheap Windows/Office Keys

So Sennheiser isn't the only company charging 1.5x the cost of a product because it's a different color. Cool!

I mean... this is more like 8x the value of a product but ok

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

Beats is in the same business that Apple is: fashionable tech. They will sell.

Apple actually has a value in some of their products, though.

I mean... this is more like 8x the value of a product but ok

Gen 2 beats are generally not terrible, just overpriced.

I adore amber rose, but it's only sold on crappy products...

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

These are the Solo2 wireless. They have blueteeth.

Oh, makes more sense... I guess :/

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

i didnt mean it to have a negative connotation. I think its a smart business plan.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

wasnt there a teardown of Beats headphone and how the production cost only 30USD and the retail price is like 10 times :/

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

wasnt there a teardown of Beats headphone and how the production cost only 30USD and the retail price is like 10 times :/

The price is mostly because of the Advertising 

The price is mostly because of the Advertising 

that is what turns ppl off

the cans used cheap materials and it marketed as a studio grade headphone when everything is MADE IN CHINA

my Creative headphone is also made in china and it sound way better than the Beats for 70 bucks during their Creative Crazy techshow sale

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

who-cares-lady-.gif

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down. - Adam Savage

PHOΞNIX Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.75GHz | Corsair LPX 16Gb DDR4 @ 2933 | MSI B350 Tomahawk | Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ 8Gb | Intel 535 120Gb | Western Digital WD5000AAKS x2 | Cooler Master HAF XB Evo | Corsair H80 + Corsair SP120 | Cooler Master 120mm AF | Corsair SP120 | Icy Box IB-172SK-B | OCZ CX500W | Acer GF246 24" + AOC <some model> 21.5" | Steelseries Apex 350 | Steelseries Diablo 3 | Steelseries Syberia RAW Prism | Corsair HS-1 | Akai AM-A1

D.VA coming soon™ xoxo

Sapphire Acer Aspire 1410 Celeron 743 | 3Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Home x32

Vault Tec Celeron 420 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | Storage pending | Open Media Vault

gh0st Asus K50IJ T3100 | 2Gb DDR2-667 | 40Gb HDD | Ubuntu 17.04

Diskord Apple MacBook A1181 Mid-2007 Core2Duo T7400 @2.16GHz | 4Gb DDR2-667 | 120Gb HDD | Windows 10 Pro x32

Firebird//Phoeniix FX-4320 | Gigabyte 990X-Gaming SLI | Asus GTS 450 | 16Gb DDR3-1600 | 2x Intel 535 250Gb | 4x 10Tb Western Digital Red | 600W Segotep custom refurb unit | Windows 10 Pro x64 // offisite backup and dad's PC

Saint Olms Apple iPhone 6 16Gb Gold

Archon Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Gulliver Nokia Lumia 1320

Werkfern Nokia Lumia 520

Hydromancer Acer Liquid Z220

I just reread your quote and a understand what you mean now. All i can say is value is in the eye of the beholder. Theyre priced at what the market can bear.

*shudders in horror at mention of beats*

Some people buy into the marketing too much... I met someone who had their beats arrive with the left ear not working at all, but they keep them and praise them as great headphones.

Meanwhile the Samson SR850's I got on Massdrop for $20 including shipping are amazing. 

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

And then there's this: http://www.monsterproducts.com/collections/headphones/diamondz

Dafuq is with Monster?

monster used to be with beats, they are competing

I used to have DNA's and people said they were copies of beats when I was like, bruh monster made beats you dumbass

monster used to be with beats, they are competing

I used to have DNA's and people said they were copies of beats when I was like, bruh monster made beats you dumbass

I am aware of that... I am just criticizing monster as a whole (including the pre-Apple acquisition of the Beats brand)...

The best headphones ever just got better.  :ph34r:

Sennheiser Orpheus has nothing on Beats. Everyone knows that...

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd