MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Update

Hello again! The updates are getting fast and furious here! My wife is being really nice in letting me play around more and more in Sketchup and Indigo Render :) I have made progress on the front panel area, and would like to share with you the results.

Front closed - Daytime.

Front closed - Night.

Front open - Day.

Front open with lights - Day.
Front open with lights - Night.

Well, I hope you have liked this update.
MetallicAcid

The nerd pr0n is strong in this post

Start building it already!! :P It looks really awesome :)

This.

16 pages of renders is a bit much.....

SR-2-2x X5650 Xeons-3x 670 FTW-1x 120Gb Force GT-1x 240Gb Force GT-1tb WD Green-12Gb Dom GT 1866-Platimax 1500w-2x HK3-2xD5-24v controller-3x RX 480's-3x NiBlk HK GPU blocks-Koolance tops-BP res-15x SP120's-Little Devil V8.

This "build" <-- not really a build yet is it? xD
Anyways..

This "build" is reaaallllyyy freakin' tasty. Although, I do not quite see the point of an actuall door on the front panel? If you need access to clean, it'll be alot easier to make the panel snap in place, much like the same way corsair does it with the front panel filters and panels, ones, that you can just click in and out. ? :)

Would save you for alot of work. Instead of doing the hinges.!

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Anyways..

This "build" is reaaallllyyy freakin' tasty. Although, I do not quite see the point of an actuall door on the front panel? If you need access to clean, it'll be alot easier to make the panel snap in place, much like the same way corsair does it with the front panel filters and panels, ones, that you can just click in and out. ? :)

More like an outline, but either way it's amazing!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

This is so sick, can't wait for the finished product.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Anyways..

He also looks to be using a 5.25 fan controller so that would call for the door and besides he could have pure airflow or silence with the door

He also looks to be using a 5.25 fan controller so that would call for the door and besides he could have pure airflow or silence with the door

Ohh right! Thats cool! Didn't see the fan controller. Still think its alot of work for not so much tbh. I bet you could think of something more practical still unique for that purpose. 

- Cool right?

FINISH THE DAMN THING! I LOVE THIS RENDER SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

The nerd pr0n is strong in this post

Start building it already!! :P It looks really awesome :)

This.

16 pages of renders is a bit much.....

Anyways..

More like an outline, but either way it's amazing!

This is so sick, can't wait for the finished product.

Ohh right! Thats cool! Didn't see the fan controller. Still think its alot of work for not so much tbh. I bet you could think of something more practical still unique for that purpose. 

Amazing... And that front panel tho!!!

Wow, what an overwhelming response! I am sorry that this log has already dragged out as long as it has. On other forums though, the log has almost no comments, so the number of pages is just 3 or so, with basically only me updating. Have a look at the rog.asus.com builg log for example. The reason why I am able to put so much time into the rendering is because I cannot start building just yet. I had planned to start building soon though with the easier/smaller parts.

I have also been playing with the idea of having the panel attach with magnets, which is removed similar to a Corsair case panel. I guess I just wanted to try and do that little extra and have an opening panel. I agree with some people in that it may go against the simple design idea that I had in the beginning of the design process, and may drop this opening door idea altogether. There are also a few people who has the opinion that the panel sticking out the way it does ruins the outside look of the TJ07. What do you guys think? I can always move the 240mm rad down below and relocate the pumps where the reservoirs are. I am going to try and quickly mock up something to show what I am thinking. If I move the 240mm rad, then I will have the fan controller without any door but instead just built into the front panel. The front panel will sit flush with the original case.

As soon as I have a design I am 100% happy with. I will get started on some metal fabrication. Once again, I am sorry this log has already been this long, but I feel that the planning process is just as much a part of the modding as the actual cutting and filing. :)

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

Thanks, I've got a massive case of the blue balls.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I'm new on the forum and the whole casemods concept is sorta new to me, but surely, this has to be the casemod? Completely blew me away.

I've only got a few questions. When modifying the case so extensively, do you buy aluminium sheets yourself and cut them, or do you try to modify the original parts of the case? Also, do you need industry grade powertools for that? Lastly, when considering a mod of this proportion, how much do you estimate the modding itself will wind up costing (as opposed to the components of the computer)?

would it be possible to upload the file so people can look at every single millimeter of your case mod?

I would understand if you don't wanted to do it you putted allot of time in your project.

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

Personally i think the door is over the top, but I really like how the front panel looks. I don't mind the TJ07 getting a bit of a makeover.. Afterall.. There's quite a few builds in this case out there sooo yeah :)

- Cool right?

Love the door idea.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

So yeah, this has been my notification tab for the last couple of weeks, thought I'd share :PnOV5Sfl.png

Keep up the good work.! :D

- Cool right?

So yeah, this has been my notification tab for the last couple of weeks, thought I'd share :PnOV5Sfl.png

LOL my name is at the top.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

LOL my name is Raboo

I am not there, damnit! 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

i'm off the forum for 2 days and i got 50 notifications! this topic and Project Nstalgic!

You guys are insane!

I like the front without the doors! but i understand why you did it!

Waiting for the next render with the 240 on the bottom to see the diference! :)

Still impressing everyone after so many updates! GG man GG!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

i'm off the forum for 2 days and i got 50 notifications! this topic and Project Nstalgic!

After I got back from the hospital I had about 1000 notifications (about a week

of off time). And I did actually go through all of them. :lol:

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

After I got back from the hospital I had about 1000 notifications (about a week

of off time). And I did actually go through all of them. :lol:

You sir, have too much time on your hands xD

- Cool right?

You sir, have too much time on your hands xD

Well, what else was I going to do, one gets easily bored when rather

strict bed rest has been ordered. I had to pass the time somehow. ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Well, what else was I going to do, one gets easily bored when rather

strict bed rest has been ordered. I had to pass the time somehow. ;)

It was the entire Dirty Harry and Death Wish films when I had nearly half of my teeth removed lol.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

HEY LOOK THERE I AM! :D

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER