What is happening to Xbox?

What once started out as a powerhouse of console gaming and home entertainment, now there are rumours that Microsoft is planning on scrapping the Xbox line all together? After spending $69(nice)BILLION on Activision/Blizard, and being the parent of Bethesda, how have they not used this to their advantage and blown the PS5 and other consoles out the water?

image.png

I doubt it’s getting canceled. The guy running Microsoft loves to rename shit. Every single Microsoft product has been getting renamed. AAD is Entra. Intune is Endpoint Management.

Makes no fucking sense whatsoever

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Actually it makes a lot of sense from a business point of view. Think of it, your're stuck playing WindowsSucks 12 on your old XBox 2023 model and your friends are playing the same game on their bright new YBox 2024, wouldn't you be jealous over their bright new toy and want one too?

It's called marketing.

I seem to recall Spencer going on record that Xbox's plans involve focusing on the Game Pass.

So that could be interpreted as a transition to a digital platform provider for PC games and stop doing hardware.

A whole lot of layoffs and restructuring but it's far from dead. It does seem like they're going to lean a lot more heavily into Gamepass though. I doubt anyone's gonna be happy about price increases but i think we all know they're coming. Especially now that they want to put CoD there on Day1. Still a lot of revenue to be had from the platform and even just the hardware. Although the storage thing is really just bizarre.

Bad news in Microsoft generates clicks. I wouldn't expect Xbox to go anywhere.