MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Hey guys!

I am so happy that everyone is so involved with the planning process, and the build log is already more popular than my TJ08-E build!

I apologize again for how long phase 1 (planning) has taken, but I cannot help it. I cannot start the physical modding until the end of December as I already have too many other things to. So, please bare with me through this! Small panels I can probably start earlier though, but nob major work.

Once again, thank you to all who read this build log and that had put in input on what you think is best and original. :)

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

What does red and black have to do with it? that wasn't even an option O.o

My bad, the night shot for the red and white build was where I got that one from

Hey guys :)

Just so you know, I am preparing I think something like 15 renders to show you. It will be of all angles... I am even trying to figure out how to have a fly around animation of the case ;)

MetallicAcid

Just so you know, I am preparing I think something like 15 renders to show you. It will be of all angles... I am even trying to figure out how to have a fly around animation of the case ;)

MetallicAcid

thumb.gif

One another note: How long do you reckon this thing will actually take to build

once you get started?

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

MetallicAcid

Can't wait B)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

thumb.gif

One another note: How long do you reckon this thing will actually take to build

once you get started?

I am hoping no more than just one month. I will take on more nights shifts at work to try and make it happen ;)

MetallicAcid

My bad, the night shot for the red and white build was where I got that one from

Sorry, my last comment may have come off a little rude. 

Update

Hello there! :)

I am very happy to present to everybody, a design that I am finally happy with, but is still subject to change. There are still a few things which I plan to do, very special things, but I want to keep these ideas as a surprise ;) I have composed 18 renders over the last few days for your viewing pleasure, so please enjoy. Please note that the colour scheme is not final, but I am liking the blue/white scheme, and a purple/white scheme the most right now. 

Please feel free to give me constructive criticism on how you think the design flows, and what you think are good and bad ideas. I know that I cannot please everybody, but I am always open for suggestion :D Physical work is planned to begin in December or even beginning of January, so there is enough time for me to buy parts and materials for this build. I will be taking on more night shifts at work in the coming months, so this means that I will have more dead time to get some small custom panel work completed at the workshop at work. You can expect some small updates ;) So, with all said, please sit back and enjoy the show!

Day time tour:

blue_zpsf3997d2b.jpg

blue1_zpsf3dc463a.jpg

blue2_zpsee26b54b.jpg

blue3_zps7e4901cf.jpg

blue7_zps84ed0ca2.jpg

blue6_zps6b064dd4.jpg

blue5_zps27dba1c1.jpg

blue4_zps75727a10.jpg

blue8_zps1ca99f69.jpg

blue10_zps84143dac.jpg

blue9_zps39797fe9.jpg

Night time tour:

blue7night_zpsebebeb59.jpg

blue8night_zpsbd8b57a8.jpg

blue5night_zpsbb861f06.jpg

blue1night_zps85e657d5.jpg

blue4night_zpsf9ac9d9c.jpg

blue10night_zpsc88d713b.jpg

blue9night_zps78b1cfce.jpg

With best regards,

MetallicAcid.

That is the best so far :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

nnnnnnnnnnnnice!

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamspeak.ltt-unofficial.net

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.com

- teamschnitzel.ltt-unofficial.net

cpu: Intel sandybridge-E 3930k @ 4.2Ghz

cooler: corsair h100 @ full speed push-pull

motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme

gpu: 2x EVGA GTX660's & 1x EVGA GTX980

ssd: 2x samsung 256GB 840 pro raid 0

ssd: 1x samsung 1TB 840 evo

hdd: WD green 3TB

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st1000dm003)

hdd: Seagate Barracuda 1TB (st31000520as)

psu: corsair ax1200i

ram: 8x 4GB corsair platinum @1866mhz

case: coolermaster cosmos II

monitors Main: 8x LG 22EA53 1080p 60hz

monitor Extra: 1xiiyama prolite G2773Hs 1080p 120hz 27"

keyboard: logitech g19

mouse: corsair m60

Lenovo T550

RaspBerry pi webserver:

Nas:

StatusOffline.

PC straight to the modem/router/switch/DHCP-Server/... with a 20cm (+-8inch) cat6a patch cable because same price as cat5.

ISP: Telenet (belgium)

Speed: 60Down-4Up (+- 45€/month)

ping to there servers: +-8ms

ping to other Belgians: +-12ms

- wheels for cosmos II

This design looks great! Are you going to do any cable lacing? Having white sleeving with blue lacing would look great.

Like, like, likedy-like-like. couch-jumping.gif

This design looks great! Are you going to do any cable lacing? Having white sleeving with blue lacing would look great.

Same opinion as above. Or just white lacing and make it really stealthy.

But yeah, as you might suspect, I am not opposed to lacing. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Best renders yet, I agree with the two people above me about the cable lacing.  

I hope you stick with blue and white and I think Bluejay0 would second that. 

Can't wait for this to start  :D

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

That is the best so far :)

:D thanks Rab!!

nnnnnnnnnnnnice!

Hehe! I have completed a light studio in SketchUp which is getting great results after rendering the TJ07 in it! I can't wait to show everyone it!

Cable lacing is a definite yes :) I like your idea, and will try the blue on white cable when the time comes to manage my cables.

Like, like, likedy-like-like. couch-jumping.gif

Same opinion as above. Or just white lacing and make it really stealthy.

But yeah, as you might suspect, I am not opposed to lacing. :D

I know you love lacing mate ;) I have read your build log :D :D

Best renders yet, I agree with the two people above me about the cable lacing.  

I hope you stick with blue and white and I think Bluejay0 would second that. 

Can't wait for this to start  :D

Thank you CJ :) Cable lacing is going to happen, believe it!

Thanks for reading guys! And thank you for all of the positive feedback you have given me over the last few weeks, it has been inspiring!

MetallicAcid

Update

Hey again.

I was killing some time yesterday and created a photo studio for better lighting when rendering. I have just one example for you though, but all future renders will feature this setup ;)

81_zps484237b7.jpg

With best regards,

MetallicAcid

I want that system,.

@MetallicAcid Where do you get all of your component models from? 3D warehouse or do you have other sources? :)

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

@MetallicAcid Where do you get all of your component models from? 3D warehouse or do you have other sources? :)

Some are from the warehouse, some are from this website http://scc.jezmckean.com/, some are custom made, and most are modified versions of those I have downloaded. 

MetallicAcid

Okay Thanks! :)

- Cool right?

Still looking for a tj11 model xD Yeah.. No luck, there's tons of 07s out there though :/ Might go with another case anyways, the tj11 is like 850$, so yeah...

Might actually also construct my own, I can get access to a laser and water cutter. Oh well :P

- Cool right?