MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

TJ07midplatelines_zps82c9cde1.jpg

Man i love the 2 res close to the tray with the channels  of water going to the CPU , looks so "engineerish"

A combinations of this and the first picture in yellow, would look amazing!

Great ideas man! Where the heck do you get so much inspiration ?

Eyegasm. If it was green: ULTRAMEGASUPERSAIYANEYEGASM

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Vertical looks best in my opinion it keeps it cleaner 

yeap vertical for sure

i still love this idea of the "water channels" in the bottom plate:

TJ07midplatelines_zps82c9cde1.jpg

Yes, with indeed those "water channels" is pretty clean and smexy!

Eyegasm. If it was green: ULTRAMEGASUPERSAIYANEYEGASM

Love it!

OK guys, your voices have been heard! I will work on a vertical tubing solution for my watercooling setup right away. But I am still a little sceptical about the water channels in the midplate. I will have to do some more research on this first before I can make a decision on investing my time in it :)

Thanks for your advice and support!

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

I'm a bit confused about the water channels.  Will liquid be going through them? 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

I'm a bit confused about the water channels.  Will liquid be going through them? 

We call them "water channels" with the "" because its not really water going in there... the water is in the tubes that are going inside of that gap/channel in the plate

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Well if all things go well, then I will have an actual water channel which the water enters into the middle layer of 3 layers of plexiglass. I do think that this type of panel though would be difficult to manufacture though, and due to the time constraint I will have to get the project finished once I start it, I will not have the time to make a prototype and test it. But, we will see what happens :)

I have also received a suggestion from another member on another forum to run the CPU in parallel including the graphic cards... What do you guys think?

MetallicAcid

Awww I can't wait ^_^ 

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

You could proberly play around with some PCI-E Extenders and move the graphic cards over somewhere else?

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

You could proberly play around with some PCI-E Extenders and move the graphic cards over somewhere else?

I'll take this into consideration if I am going to use just one GPU ;)

Oh an by the way everyone, I have made a major breakthrough with the water cooling, and you guys are going to need a change of underwear once it is finished and rendered!!

MetallicAcid

Oh an by the way everyone, I have made a major breakthrough with the water cooling, and you guys are going to need a change of underwear once it is finished and rendered!!

You know, I'll just remove my underwear preemptively and will be looking

at this thread through my shower window... :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for the warning though... ;)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

You know, I'll just remove my underwear preemptively and will be looking

at this thread through my shower window... :lol:

EDIT: Thanks for the warning though... ;)

Hehe, I was maybe a too excited when I typed last night :P

How hard is it to paint those platinums.

It would be dead easy. You would have to remove 4 screws to take off the silver bar, then it would be ready to prime and paint :)

MetallicAcid

Lol u been asking on OCN how to make a plate for ur water channel. Someone else did a build called,"Aurora". Copy his method, it should be what you seek :)

Thanks for the heads up mate! ;)

When do you think you will start the build? I really can't wait for it!

I am hoping around Christmas if life permits! I cant wait either :D

MetallicAcid

Update (of sorts)

I am reworking the plumbing for the watercooling. This is a much more streamlined, super-tidy approach, and I am super excited about it! The following render is taken from looking at the back panel. The GPU pipes will be lit up from the sides, and visible through a plexiglass window.

water1_zps0fd7a7cc.jpg

What are your initial thoughts? Does this picture even make sense?

MetallicAcid

Thanks for the heads up mate! ;)

I am hoping around Christmas if life permits! I cant wait either :D

MetallicAcid

Christmas? TOO LONG!!!!!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Update (of sorts)

I am reworking the plumbing for the watercooling. This is a much more streamlined, super-tidy approach, and I am super excited about it! The following render is taken from looking at the back panel. The GPU pipes will be lit up from the sides, and visible through a plexiglass window.

water1_zps0fd7a7cc.jpg

MetallicAcid

Love to color and the piping. Can we see more and maybe a completely break down?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

You could maybe route the pipes along the side of the top instead of just across as you've got there. And then use the availible space for a lit up logo/name for the build? Visible through a window in the top of the case :)

Also, what are you going to do with the air coming through the front radiator? Are you gonna dich it off to the side or find a way around the resevoir to have the air come through?

- Cool right?

Also, a question regarding watercooling performance:
When using plexiglass pipes, having alot of 90 degree bends, will the ristrict waterflow drasticly or is it not noticable? (Temperture wise) Anyone got any experience?

- Cool right?

Love all of it.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

You could maybe route the pipes along the side of the top instead of just across as you've got there. And then use the availible space for a lit up logo/name for the build? Visible through a window in the top of the case :)

Also, what are you going to do with the air coming through the front radiator? Are you gonna dich it off to the side or find a way around the resevoir to have the air come through?

Also, a question regarding watercooling performance:

When using plexiglass pipes, having alot of 90 degree bends, will the ristrict waterflow drasticly or is it not noticable? (Temperture wise) Anyone got any experience?

Routing the pipes like you suggest is always an option. I do want to try and finish this pipe routing before I already start on another design first though. As for the warm air in the rad, I am going to make a vent in the door which the warm air can escape. And lastly, if you are bending acrylic, and not using 90degree fittings, there is no drop in flow rate or no resistance. 

In my case, I will be using 2x MCP35X pumps to move the water in my build :)

Love all of it.

Cheers Raboo!

MetallicAcid

MetallicAcid

Sense ? lol is that a joke ? :lol:

This is modding! doesnt have to make sense! just as to look AWESOME and SHINY! :D

I love that last pic!

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)