MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

I am a total noob when it comes to sketch up and such, and i simply cant find the models i need for my own projects. like the sabertooth for example. So i only need that one model if possible :) (i might just suck at googling for all i know)

You're not the only one bad at google :P Although I can't use many of MA's models here :( 

Dreamcase : TJ11, but soooo expensive

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

I am a total noob when it comes to sketch up and such, and i simply cant find the models i need for my own projects. like the sabertooth for example. So i only need that one model if possible :) (i might just suck at googling for all i know)

I am not at home so I cannot share the Sabertooth file with you, but here is the link to the Google warehouse version that I have used: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=b9414994e49a9e578985b01b15ab1d69

You're not the only one bad at google :P Although I can't use many of MA's models here :( 

Dreamcase : TJ11, but soooo expensive

I can say that alot my the models that I have used are just "adapted/modified" versions of ones found on the SketchUp Warehouse. For example, I took the 480mm radiator and chopped it down to be a 240-360mm. 

Best regards,

Justin.

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys!!

I just wanted to say that I have created a Facebook fan page called MetallicAcid Customs, as well as joined instagram with the #metallicacidcustoms hashtag. I will be posting progress on current my projects, other projects which inspire me, in depth WIP shots, and links to "How-To" guides so you can achieve similar or better results that I achieve working on my kitchen table ;)

Hopefully see you there!

Best regards,

Justin Ohlsen / MetallicAcid

Instagram: #metallicacidcustoms

• 3 weeks later...
Hey everybody!

I have shamelessly entered my TJ08 ROG V rig into another competition at Minimalistic PC's, and hope for your support :) After you have checked out all the great PC's there, and still think that my work is worthy of your vote, then you will know what to do ;)

Either way, thank you for your support, and see you at the next project! 

DSC05170_zpseac9d388.jpg

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

#metallicacidcustoms

Very Nice :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

• 3 weeks later...
Hello Fellow modders! 

THREAD REVIVAL!!

A friend of mine has fallen in love with the design and concept of my TJ07 build, and is willing to pay for all parts and work to make this project become a reality. It will be a themed build with a white case and interior, and red highlights, just like the EA Games upcoming title, "Mirrors Edge 2". Work is to commence within the next few weeks, so keep your eye on this space or future updates!

Please leave a comment or give a like to show your support :)

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

Hello Fellow modders! 

THREAD REVIVAL!!

A friend of mine has fallen in love with the design and concept of my TJ07 build, and is willing to pay for all parts and work to make this project become a reality. It will be a themed build with a white case and interior, and red highlights, just like the EA Games upcoming title, "Mirrors Edge 2". Work is to commence within the next few weeks, so keep your eye on this space or future updates!

Best regards,
Justin / MetallicAcid

Awesome!!

excellent.gif

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

Hello Fellow modders! 

THREAD REVIVAL!!

Best regards,
Justin / MetallicAcid

WAIT WHOAH HOLD THE F**K UP

What does this mean? Is he gonna buy a copy of the TJ07 build?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

That's a cool friend :)

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

Well my friend will be getting the PC, with all parts and design. I will not own it, and never will. It's only going to be a prototype one off. I might start making some extra pieces and sell them, such as the angled motherboard plate etc.

BTW I have posted up a couple of rough renders on my Facebook page as I compose a post for the forums. Swing by and have a look :)

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

Well my friend will be getting the PC, with all parts and design. I will not own it, and never will. It's only going to be a prototype one off. I might start making some extra pieces and sell them, such as the angled motherboard plate etc.

BTW I have posted up a couple of rough renders on my Facebook page as I compose a post for the forums. Swing by and have a look :)

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

Your friend is very lucky :)

what a dude to be paying for it all... i saw the renders and i cannot wait to see progress!!!!!!!11111oneoneoneoneone

That dude will get the system tho, it's just being build by Justin! But yes, it's awesome he wants it and we can get to see this one. 

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua

That's right @Kiwiandapple. Demis will get the computer in the end, not I. What I gain out of this is the satisfaction that I get to see the project through, and have another personal mod under my belt. Once the build is completed, and all measurements are made, then I will try my hand at making a few examples of those parts, and sell them to people who wish to make a similar system. I have some renders coming up to post here in the forum, but in the meanwhile those renders are posted on my Facebook page if you guys are after a sneakpeak ;)

Best regards,

Justin / MetallicAcid

• 2 weeks later...

Update time!

TJ07sponsorlogo_zpsf3b9021d.jpg

Hello everybody! I know this has been a long time coming :P

It is with great excitement that I announce that the project has now officially been started! I am building this project for Demis, a friend of mine. He had fallen in love with the project, and the ideas which I had visualized with the aid of SketchUp and Skindigo - 3D modelling and rendering software.

There had been discussions between Demis and I regarding the colour and overall theme of this build, and in the end we both thought that a blacked out stealth build, with subtle gold highlights, with an overall monolithic feel with a simple exterior and neat interior was the best option for this project.
The colour scheme comes from the X79 ASUS motherboard. I would like to now show you a visual representation of how this project will probably look like:

blackgold1_zps54e2ad27.jpg

blackgold2_zpsd1bc5dd0.jpg

This project may take some time to complete. This is a good thing in my opinion as it means that I can plan every detail to perfection, and execute those plans into reality with ease and minimal stress.

This will be a watercooled project, but in stages. Stage 1 for the watercooling will include just the CPU, with the GPU being air cooled. Stage 2 of the watercooling will include a 2nd GPU with both being watercooled. So you can expect a Rev.1 and Rev.2 of this project over the coming months.

So, I would like to kickstart this thread with a list of products that Demis has ordered, and are on it's way to me:

ColdZero_zps3f812cd2.jpg

And even though the GPU's have not been bought yet, I do have some shrouds to customise in the down time:

GTX780Shrouds_zps8cce0cee.jpg

Here comes a list of things that I plan to do with this mod:

Fabricate

Custom made midplate

Custom made reservoir wall

Custom made radiator holders

Acrylic window for top of case

Acrylic windows for side panels

Modify

Extend window for top of case

Window opening on side panels

Pass-through holes in midplate for hard tubing

New power button

Paint

TJ07 case

Custom made midplate

GPU shrouds

Prepare for painting

TJ07 case

Custom made midplate

Install

Cold Zero parts

Water cooling parts

PC components

LED lighting

More things may be added to the list later on :)

I hope you have enjoyed the news. We are both super excited about this project, and want to see it to perfection. I hope you stick around for future updates!

With best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Begun it has, follow we must. :D

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

AND SO IT BEGINS

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

OMGIYSHHSUSEXPLOSIONYESHHH.. 

:rolleyes:

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Subbed

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, continued support ad new subs (spwath!).

Best regards :)

Well, most of them were not super positive.. more like YES OMG FINALLY WE WILL GET TO SEE THIS.

Anyway, to make it even more positive, I am so happy to see this build come alive. But I have some questions! 

The watercooling for the GPUs? Didn't you had a problem with the tubing like this? I am very bad when it comes to watercooling and to lazy to google how it works with 2 gpu's like that. But, this will work? Please yes. 

That pricelist... yes, those backplates. Are it the ones from EK? If so, will those fit with just an air cooler? Or do you need to have an EK waterblock on it to fit that backplate on a 780. And I assume it are reference designs PCB backplates? 

And.. my last question is.. when will the first picture come? *puppyeyes*  :wub:

Thanks for all the positive comments guys, continued support ad new subs (spwath!).

Best regards :)

Can you say me please what program you are using to build this case models?

Well, most of them were not super positive.. more like YES OMG FINALLY WE WILL GET TO SEE THIS.

Anyway, to make it even more positive, I am so happy to see this build come alive. But I have some questions! 

The watercooling for the GPUs? Didn't you had a problem with the tubing like this? I am very bad when it comes to watercooling and to lazy to google how it works with 2 gpu's like that. But, this will work? Please yes. 

That pricelist... yes, those backplates. Are it the ones from EK? If so, will those fit with just an air cooler? Or do you need to have an EK waterblock on it to fit that backplate on a 780. And I assume it are reference designs PCB backplates? 

And.. my last question is.. when will the first picture come? *puppyeyes*  :wub:

Hehe! I am just the same to finally have someone wanting to invest their money into my services and the parts that they want! 

So, to answer your questions:

1. There were no problems with cooling the GPU's but rather I did not have enough rad space that I wanted, nor enough money to buy a water block for the GPU. Watercooling these GPUs at a later point will not be a problem :)

2. The Backplate is from coldzero.eu and the specifications given to the owner of the site were for a GPU with a reference cooler, not watercooled block.

3. I will start painting the GPU cooler as early as next week, and also test fit some of the coldzero parts, so photos should arrive next week some time!

Hopefully you stick around :D

Can you say me please what program you are using to build this case models?

Yes sure thing! I am using just regular SketchUp Make 2013 and Skindigo Render :)

Best regards, 

Justin.

So, when will we see pics of this build. So anxious to see it! I listen to TNT by AC/DC and it follows the style of this build: powerful, beast, and mind-exploding.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D