MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Have you bought your case yet XzzDSA? 

MetallicAcid

Not yet... First of all I'm still saving up a bit, also I'm waiting to see what corsair comes up with within the next few months :D But I would still love a CAD model of that TJ11 :S

Everyone have a cool signature. I don't, so I thought I would write something.

- Cool right?

Is it possible to make a desing for a midplate in sketchup and safe it to a format that I can send it to a lasercut service ? if it's possible I'm going to use sketchup

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Is it possible to make a desing for a midplate in sketchup and safe it to a format that I can send it to a lasercut service ? if it's possible I'm going to use sketchup

I have read that you can export from sketch up to CAD, and a quick google search found me this tutorial: http://www.archidigm.com/Coverpage/cover2-12/lounge-set_sketchup_to_autocad.htm

This should be enough to export plates/panels into a CAD format and have it laser cut. And actual 3d model of a porsche would not turn out the best, but an easy faceplate should work perfectly.

MetallicAcid

http://www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs

I have read that you can export from sketch up to CAD, and a quick google search found me this tutorial: http://www.archidigm.com/Coverpage/cover2-12/lounge-set_sketchup_to_autocad.htm

This should be enough to export plates/panels into a CAD format and have it laser cut. And actual 3d model of a porsche would not turn out the best, but an easy faceplate should work perfectly.

MetallicAcid

Thanks for the information , it helped allot !

6600K  |  16GB HYPERX  |  GTX1070 FE  |  Z170X-UD3  |  AIR540

Respect the past, Embrace the future.

Wow, eleven pages and no actual shots of a computer, must be a new record. Don't take this as me being mean, I'm just purely pointing out it, love the renders though.

Wow, eleven pages and no actual shots of a computer, must be a new record. Don't take this as me being mean, I'm just purely pointing out it, love the renders though.

Haha! No offense taken. I understand that the build log is already big and no actual work has begun yet, but it does seem popular none-the-less, with many followers along for the ride. I suppose the best thing is that everyone is having fun, and the communities input is considered when making the designs. I hope you stick around for the build long enough to see some actual work though, and if you have any ideas you would like to add to the build, please just drop another comment :) 

Your designs are all so beautiful. Any of these will look amazing! :)

*blushing* why thank you sir!

MetallicAcid

Update

Well hello there ;) Just working on some water cooling routing. Super psyched how this is turning out. I have decided to keep the 240 rad in the front, but just need to work it into the design just a little better. I am thinking some mesh to cover the hole should work nicely.

Here are some pics:

TJ07Cooling_zpsfd5ed0c0.jpg

TJ07Coolingkopia_zps4e9f8fe1.jpg

TJ07Cooling1_zps18422e86.jpg

TJ07Cooling2_zps8e9ac58a.jpg

Peace.

MetallicAcid

Lime? Awesome! Matched your Profile picture very well :P

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

They look amazing but maybe you want to lighten that black a little. It is too dark. Maybe yellow + gunmetal?

Absolutely fabulous :)

CPU: i5 2500k@4.2 MBO: Asrock P67 Extreme4 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 560Ti 1GB RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600 SSD: Samsung 840 Basic 250 HDD: Samsung F3 1TB + WD 2TB Green + WD MyBook 1TB external; ODD: LG BD/DVDRW; PSU: Corsair TX 650
Case: Fractal Define R3 Black Pearl; Mouse/Keyboard Logitech Performance MX + Wireless K800; Monitor: Dell U2311H 

Sweet.

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Lime? Awesome! Matched your Profile picture very well :P

Hehe. It's actually still the same yellow but it ended up in the light source's shade ;)

They look amazing but maybe you want to lighten that black a little. It is too dark. Maybe yellow + gunmetal?

:D same thing for the grey colour... It's not black ;)

Absolutely fabulous :)

Sweet.

Cheers guys!!!

MetallicAcid

A lighter black would probably be better.

But he said that's not black...

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

Looks amazing, but... for me, its starting to loose that clean and simplistic look. Too much "lines"

In the front , you could try a raised plate just opened on the sides, top and bottom like many of fractal cases, and then do your design thing on top of that

http://www.fractal-design.com/img_prod/FD-CA-DEF-XL-R2-BL_4.jpg

:D

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Haha, now my computer is sexual? :P

MetallicAcid

It has been a hell of a long time since you said that, but since I am finally on here again. Yeah. Yeah it really is.

Hey guys. It looks like I have had to drop the 240 rad idea in the front of the case in order to keep the water loop somewhat "simpler". I can post up a render of the water cooling soon. But, I have a question! Which of the styles do you guys like most? The horizontal piping, or the pipes going vertical into the dividing plate from CPU and motherboard plate from GPU's?

MetallicAcid

Vertical looks best in my opinion it keeps it cleaner 

i5 4670k| Asrock H81M-ITX| EVGA Nex 650g| WD Black 500Gb| H100 with SP120s| ASUS Matrix 7970 Platinum (just sold)| Patriot Venom 1600Mhz 8Gb| Bitfenix Prodigy. Build log in progress 

Build Log here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/119926-yin-yang-prodigy-update-2-26-14/

yeap vertical for sure

i still love this idea of the "water channels" in the bottom plate:

TJ07midplatelines_zps82c9cde1.jpg

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Vertical looks best in my opinion it keeps it cleaner 

Yes, with indeed those "water channels" is pretty clean and smexy!

NZXT Phantom windowed, Asus Z77 Sabertooth, Intel 2600K, Noctua NH-D14, EVGA 780 Classified, Crucial Ballistic Tactical, Crucial M4 128GB + Samsung 850 EVO, Corsair RM850, Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598, FinalMouse Classic, SteelSeries Qck Heavy, Ducky Shine Zero (MX Brown), AOC G2460PF & Qnix QX2710

Build Log: Phantom - Antique Noctua